Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:50 AM

Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) (1476 Views)

Burial Of Photographer Who Was Tortured To Death By SARS Officials (Photo) / Father Of Two, Tortured To Death At Sokoto Checkpoint By Policemen (Pictured) / Graphic Photos: Hotel Worker Allegedly Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2015
Right now I'm not myself.

I'm completely shattered to pieces.

This is not because I am being too emotional about the News but for the fact that the 'boy' in question was a very good friend of mine.

Chibyke Edeh, as he is known on Facebook, worked with Protea Hotel at Benin, Edo State.

One so unfortunate day which was late last week, a guest was said to have misplaced a sum of N45,000 (Forty-five Thousand Naira) and Chibyke was accused of stealing it.

The management of Protea Hotel thus dragged him to the police so as to "make him confess to the crime."

The Police, on taking him into custody, assured everyone that he was being taken in for "investigation."

One minute, Chibyke goes in for "investigation" and the other minute, Chibyke is reported DEAD!

[That must be a joke, we all thought]

It was later discovered that Protea Hotel had made it mandatory for the Police to get those words of "confession" out of his mouth, no matter what means they'd employ thus, he was refused bail.

In a bid to get Chibyke to "confess", they tortured him to the point of half-death and when he still wasn't willing to confess to a crime he did not commit, he was burnt with acid, gored with hot metal, torn apart like mincemeat.

After those wicked men succeeded in snuffing life out of him, they then demanded N27,000 bail from Chibyke's family, only for them to come and meet him torn to pieces.

The below pictures are the remains of Chibyke Edeh; the leftover of what the beasts under the camouflage of the Nigerian Police has done to a bonafide citizen of Nigeria, a human being like you & me and above all, a son to a now-grieved family.

HOW LONG will we take this from the Police

They were [supposed to be] trained to protect us and now they turn out to be our worst Nightmare, HOW LONG MUST WE ENDURE ALL THESE IMPUNITY!??!?

The other day (Thursday, 12th March, 2015) at Iyana-Ejigbo, Lagos, an obviously mentally derailed Policeman injured, by gun, a good number of bus passengers all because of N100 (i.e. $0.69) and is still in hiding as we speak.

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!

I use this as a means to appeal to the Government to take serious measure and look into all these.

This is Fatal ineptitude at best and Total Wickedness at worst (both of which are a total dent to the already battered image of Nigeria and its Government)

SHAME!

(See the below picture for what I'm taking about)

1 Share

Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by iceberylin(m): 12:50am On Mar 17, 2015
Buh this is not romantic na angry
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 17, 2015
iceberylin:

I'm so sorry about that. Please whoever is the Mod should help me move it to its appropriate category. I'm too depressed to reason fine.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 17, 2015
iceberylin:
Can you be serious just for once in your life?

2 Likes

Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by daddyiel(m): 1:05am On Mar 17, 2015
Am not sure what to think or comment. .... (God forbid )buh I know one thing for sure is everyone involved Hotel management and every police officer in that station is a dead meat,I know comfirmed deities that can do that in one week....may Obunkwa visit them all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by sweettease(f): 1:16am On Mar 17, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
What da hell?
And they wonder why people don't like them.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2015
daddyiel:
Am not sure what to think or comment. .... (God forbid )buh I know one thing for sure is everyone involved Hotel management and every police officer in that station is a dead meat,I know comfirmed deities that can do that in one week....may Obunkwa visit them all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But seriously, the Government has done nothing to help the issue of police venting unconstitutional judicial measures on citizens.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 17, 2015
sweettease:
shocked shocked shocked
What da hell?
And they wonder why people don't like them.

I've always hated the Nigerian Police.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 17, 2015
This is painful to watch....... my heart aches cry cry cry
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 17, 2015
I don't like police angry
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by menix(m): 1:27am On Mar 17, 2015
Holy Father!!!!!
Is this wat nigerian police ve turned to...
May a greater sorrow visit every of d hotel staff who was involved in this...

The policemen involved will be friends with sorrow, pain, anguish nd pray for death but will not find, they will live to see worst happen to their kids..

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by menix(m): 1:31am On Mar 17, 2015
Pls MODs do d needful nd send to FP...

Pls if u know d names of diz mods kindly alert them cous d world has to see this...
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by pyyxxaro: 1:44am On Mar 17, 2015
NEVER MAKE A NIGERIAN POLICE YOUR FRIEND , DONT EVEN ALLOW HIM MARRY YOUR SISTER OR BROTHER cry

R.I.P
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 17, 2015
Standd, Ishilove, Seun, Mynd44
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by lirusehn(m): 1:45am On Mar 17, 2015
AmALilgodSoDontQuoteMe:

Police harassing us since God knows when.
burn down that hotel

undecided
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Agbgift(f): 1:49am On Mar 17, 2015
God forbid!
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by aoshi: 1:54am On Mar 17, 2015
this is unbelievable. Isn't this more shocking and news worthy than APC vs PDP? Herein lies the foundation of our government.
I think his family should take this up, Amnesty international or whatever. This is a very serious crime committed by those in authority trained to fight it.
Enough is enough!

2 Likes

Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 17, 2015
aoshi:
this is unbelievable. Isn't this more shocking and news worthy than APC vs PDP? Herein lies the foundation of our government.
I think his family should take this up, Amnesty international or whatever. This is a very serious crime committed by those in authority trained to fight it.
Enough is enough!

That's exactly what we're doing.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 17, 2015
Omg the sad part is that nothing will be done. Oh lord this is so beyond horrible. Only God can give this boy the justice he deserves. Because in Nigeria, there's no such thing as justice.

Seun lalasticala frontpage please. Let people come see the brutality of Nigerian police. This is so sickening.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 17, 2015
Reiyvinn:

That's exactly what we're doing.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Yep something really need to be done.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by GboyegaD(m): 2:21am On Mar 17, 2015
I would suggest you forward this to some of the national dailies as whoever did this alongside the management of Protea Hotel should face the law.
Re: Gruesome Remains Of Boy Tortured To Death By Police In Benin (Very Graphic) by Ishilove: 2:42am On Mar 17, 2015

(1)

Just See How Anambra Man Battered His Wife With Cutlass (very Graphic Photo) / EVIDENCE! Here Is A Video Showing The Devil – Have You Seen Him? / What A Barbaric Act -(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.