Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,716 members, 7,918,207 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 04:49 AM

An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth (21141 Views)

Fadekemi Momoh Blasted For Flaunting Cleavage / Halima Abubakar Celebrates With Boobs Flaunting Photo / 10 Rich Naija Celebrities Who Rarely Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Greatmimin: 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
I'm happy u said "ENJOY" their money not "WASTE".When will humans,like u,learn to call a space,a spade? To me,if u dnt make green prints in the lives of fellow human beings especially the less privileged,wit ur succesr,u ar not a celebrity,if u like act or sing down heaven. God gave them a platform of success to help others but unfortunately and sardonically so,they seem to hav a myopic view of dat reason.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by osamaBUSH(m): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Akinsz:
Will that make them happy forever?
Sometimes you just have to live for the moment. Forever is not something one can easily have control over.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
In Adam's voice: Go and die grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by ruggedtimi(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
american celebrities flaunt wealth more than nigerian celebrities...beside's wizkid doesnt flaunt too much unlike davido.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by ojosegun2011(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Initially I thought you were envious of those guys, anyway, if you are in their position you would do more. I only agree with you that they should help the helpless. Aside that, there is nothing wrong in using expensive things if the money is there. Let's how you will behave if you have the opportunity they have, I'm sure you will bring paradise down from heaven. Stop unhealthy criticism.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by olipee(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
This op is just as confused as Tonto Dike..............How can i see a Geogio Armani suit of 300,000 and i will go sow a suit of 5,000 when i have the money and i know buying it won't affect me in anyway. Designers stuffs be it suit or anything is not for the general but for specific people who have the money, my dad as a gold wrist watch he bought for $350 for the past 3yrs and its still good to go, so u wanna compare it all these Hausa wrist watch of #800. When you have the money you'll surely understand how it makes sense to use better things!!!
NO OFFENCE DOU.......
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by tartar9(m): 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
blaah! they should buy tortoise car shebi whats now the need of all those extra efforts that have brought them where they are now,they have worked big and should live big though not extravagantly you see you cut your coat according to your cloth why then are you wearing those clothes leaves could also serve the same purpose undecided
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by MEJURU231(m): 12:04am On Mar 18, 2015
bro making money aint easy....you might call it fronting while they call it style smiley am sure you do not expect them to come on social media and say how many people they have helped in life or how charitable they hv been to the less privileged. how do you expect a big boy like wizkid to wear a suit of 5k and appear in a video that will fetch him millions....c"mon....a wristwatch worth $20,000 should be gold or diamond which can be converted to money anytime i call it investment. believe me when i say personally YOU cannot ride in a car of 1,5m if you are as rich as wizzy baby when you know you can afford a bullet proof G wagon considering the amount of HATERS involved...........which other fronting is bigger than changing your colour from BLACK to WHITE since you want to tell us about Micheal Jackson. bro make money and chop money make people fear you. #NA #GODWIN
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Doncolio(m): 12:15am On Mar 18, 2015
Africa and Nigeria will never develop until people start to realize life isn't just about them. Over here, we watch as Africans are being ridiculed on TV on a daily basis in the name of foreign aid and donation from developed nations that understands value and what it means to have self worth.
People that understand that the prime minister is in no way better than a bricklayer nor a doctor a better life saver than a police. Over here, everyone is a celebrity in his own right.
Nigerians, think and start to ask the right questions...you have been given education and some common sense to apply what you have studied.
The OP is a right thinking person in his right frame of mind and I hope he continues to be...in the mist of rowdy market jungle called Nigeria.
This so called celebrities are products of Nigeria's mess and so little to nothing of great accolade should be expected of their life style.
Open a charity organisation today and you will be surprise at how many people are poor in Nigeria.

N.B: Iyanya, Wizkid, Don Jazzy, Tuface, Dbanj, Davido, Tiwa savage, Patoranking, Olamide, Toto decay, Mikel Obi...you are all a disgrace to your nation and in no way better than a common Nigerian politician or a thief.
If you are living a fake life for TV, you are totally excluded from the list. However, if you are among the made ones; think of your life as of when it passes away. Would you be remembered as that kid that had so much money, cars and bling bling to show off or someone that made the world a better place.
I'm sure you have all made your choice but this is to give your brains and heart a wake up call.
I want to believe you watch TV as donations are being made on a daily basis in the UK!
For who? The poor living amongst you...you think you are rich, but they consider you all poor with a disease of the mind. Please prove me wrong.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 18, 2015
stagger:
Only Nigerians with poverty mentality flaunt wealth. In other countries no one even gives a damn.
In every country, celebrities flaunt things.
In America, it's sexynesss.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2015
ribbit:
Poor man

Poverty dey worry you.. If they do not spend the money, are they gonna take it to heaven.?
grin
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Mattpopson101: 12:52am On Mar 18, 2015
Lol, OP get some money and live your own life...
Buy what ever you are capable of buying, remember Do more of what makes you happy
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Mcowubaba: 1:32am On Mar 18, 2015
luigiajah:

So you support Waste of money abi
WASTE- I will just copy nd paste wat Wikipedia has to say about it- Waste and wastes implies unwanted or unusable
materials.
The term is often subjective (because waste to one
person is not necessarily waste to another) and
sometimes objectively inaccurate (for example, to
send scrap metals to a landfill is to inaccurately
classify them as waste, because they are recyclable).
Examples include municipal solid waste (household
trash/refuse), hazardous waste, wastewater (such as
sewage, which contains bodily wastes (feces and
urine) and surface runoff), radioactive waste, and
others.
.......I hope u understood ---
...A 20million mansion may be waste to Mr.A but may be Important nd justifiable to Mr B....
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by callher(m): 2:34am On Mar 18, 2015
Cyb3rhack3r:

To All Our Celebrities,
I congratulate you all for working hard in life and
making a name for yourselves, it isn't easy but there
are certain things that ought to be corrected. I'm in
no way saying that you shouldn't spend your money
how you deem fit, but you have to look at this issue.
The issue is that most of you flaunt their wealth all
over the social media, especially that boy Wizkid.
There are ways you spend your money and i wonder
whether you guys are really sensible. Please Answer
This Few Questions

How would you buy a watch of $20,000 when a
watch of N250 would serve the same purpose?

You Recently Bought A Car Of N24.8m, When A Car
Of N1.5m would still transport you to anywhere you
want.

How Would A Sensible Person Buy A Suit Or Dress
Of N300,000 when a N5000 Suit Made By A Tailor
Would Serve The Same Purpose.

Tonto Dike or whatever ;You Bought An Iphone6,
"You No Go Let Us Hear Word"
Are you the first person to buy an Iphone6?
And still spoilt two IPhones in two days. Showing Us
How Confused you Are?

What Would It Have Cost You If You Gave That
Money To The Less Privileged
When You Die Who Would Wear That Suit, Who
Would Wear That Watch, Who would ride those cars..
Who would use that expensive perfume and phone.
Remember These Words, Vanity Upon Vanity, All Is
Vanity.

Invest In the lives of people, that's the best you can
do.. You never know, that Doctor that might save you
might be someone you helped. Many People Are on
the streets looking for help, Students Need Money To
Go To school.
Trust Me You Wouldn't Wanna End Up Like The Rich
man And Lazarus In the Bible.
Rich American Celebs Don't Even Flaunt Their wealth
the way Nigerians Do..

As For Wizkid, I have one word for you, Even The
Late Michael Jackson is still richer and better than
you. The Only difference is that you're alive.
M.J never flaunted His Wealth..
I once again thank you all for reading this.

Have A Pleasant Day

http:///XzO
Haba! why N5000 suite? even corporate Nairalanders will not go for 5k suite. God write up all the same.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by deebrain(m): 3:14am On Mar 18, 2015
You did not know them in their seed time, how come you care for them and their behavior in their harvest?

Focus on your own life.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by gragraboy: 4:03am On Mar 18, 2015
Cyb3rhack3r:

To All Our Celebrities,
This Few Questions

want.

How Confused you Are?

Vanity.

Go To school.
the way Nigerians Do..

Have A Pleasant Day

1st of all i would say that i have come in contact with few celebs and i would like u to know 3 things.
1. Because you don't see them on the streets sharing money, doesn't mean that they don't give. Most of them came from poor humble beginnings and they still help out where they came from.
2. Some of those flashy things you see them with are just for endorsement. Some are given to them free or very cheap. It is a form of advertisement for for those products. And part of the deal is that they flaunt it.
3. Even if they buy expensive things. Is it a crime to enjoy the fruits of one's labour however he/she sees fit? If u knew the background of some of them you wouldn't blame them. As far as they didn't commit any crime to make their money, whatever they do with it is btw they and God.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Teeboy22(m): 4:35am On Mar 18, 2015
Cyb3rhack3r:

To All Our Celebrities,
This Few Questions

want.

How Confused you Are?

Vanity.

Go To school.
the way Nigerians Do..

Have A Pleasant Day

nice one
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by clek: 5:14am On Mar 18, 2015
What is iphone 6. Even a casual worker in the USA can afford it.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by drehdinho(m): 5:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Here in New-york city,we don't make ostentatious display of wealth.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 18, 2015
Op is demented
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by kraftyiyk: 6:39am On Mar 18, 2015
applause to this OP for this write up,
in addition, one the richest man on earth "Warren Buffet" still drives his 1979 Cherokee jeep, and still lives In a house that was built around 1978,..this can never happen in Nigeria!

ironically when a little crisis hits them, they go back to square 1 in less than no time...diseases like renal failure will drive them back to same social media to start begging for money/support... money. which they once had, but spent carelessly.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by summerflame(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Damilola sugarcane
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by mediatri(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2015
steppin:
Smh....Poverty na bastard.
Op never chop, people they flaunt money.
If you work for your money, spend it.
It's nobody's business.
let me tell you@ op
when politician spent there's you shout but when celebs flaunts there's you dont , stop receiving us Nigerians, so you they flaunt your money when you got no thou. ayegbeni yakubu richest Nigeria player has he flaunt his money
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by mccloud224(m): 6:59am On Mar 18, 2015
The op needs a brain transplant. Who in his or her normal senses would have the kind of money and fame these celebs have and still wear N5k "ready made" suit? Its always easy for shallow minded people to criticize successful individuals. Its called envy. The same hypocrites would do worse if they were in the same positions. A good number of individuals commenting here including the op are doing so from their religious points of view...perhaps they should start with the lifestyles of their so called "men of god" who have nothing in common with the biblical jesus. .Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Adefarasin, etc are "men of god" who live more extravagant lifestyles but how many of their brain dead religious zombies who posted crap here can dare criticize them? Let the op show example by giving out the phone or laptop used to create this shallow thread to charity, then sacrifice breakfast and for the hungry kids on the street and finally where fairly used clothing worth N300 on xmas day. Na jealousy and envy go finish una.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by kelvinmuffins3(m): 7:09am On Mar 18, 2015
Okay. .
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by mccloud224(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2015
kraftyiyk:
applause to this OP for this write up,
in addition, one the richest man on earth "Warren Buffet" still drives his 1979 Cherokee jeep, and still lives In a house that was built around 1978,..this can never happen in Nigeria!

ironically when a little crisis hits them, they go back to square 1 in less than no time...diseases like renal failure will drive them back to same social media to start begging for money/support... money. which they once had, but spent
carelessly.

These are the kind of comnents that come from haterz. The 1979 cherokee is still kicking due to good roads plus abundance of well trained personnel. Do you have the same in Nigeria? You conviniently forgot to add how many millions of dollars that his "old" mansion costs. As for wishing renal cancer your betters, its not limited to Nigeria...STEVE JOBS who was CEO of apple inc. was in desperate need of a kidney which matched his rare blood type. Even if you are dead broke, that doesnt make you immune...it could be you next.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by doremi123(f): 7:31am On Mar 18, 2015
You dey mind them. Let them go and take a cue from Linda Ikeji.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by kraftyiyk: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2015
mccloud224:

These are the kind of comnents that come from haterz. The 1979 cherokee is still kicking due to good roads plus abundance of well trained personnel. Do you have the same in Nigeria? You conviniently forgot to add how many millions of dollars that his "old" mansion costs. As for wishing renal cancer your betters, its not limited to Nigeria...STEVE JOBS who was CEO of apple inc. was in desperate need of a kidney which matched his rare blood type. Even if you are dead broke, that doesnt make you immune...it could be you next.
brother advice no be curse,
the OP was giving out her advice, i merely complemented it, JOBS was In need of a rare kind of Kidney, not money!
and... @ who it could next be, if na curse, make e folo you .

what I indicated was the inability of these celebs to save for rainy days, in a bid to show off . it's as simple as that.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 18, 2015
If I have $100Billion I can just bless myself a little Na. I no mean like naija celebs o. People wey get 10million for account dey buy 12million car on credit. Hoping on their next show to pay up.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by ease06(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2015
ONLY in NIGERIA people swallow Panadol for another man's headache,u didn't help dem hustle but u want dem to spend or even if dey r wasting it ,is it ur family's fortune dat they r wasting,please its called jealousy.u can rule peoples life u r not deir God,
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by mccloud224(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2015
kraftyiyk:

brother advice no be curse,
the OP was giving out her advice, i merely complemented it, JOBS was In need of a rare kind of Kidney, not money!
and... @ who it could next be, if na curse, make e folo you .

what I indicated was the inability of these celebs to save for rainy days, in a bid to show off . it's as simple as that.

There is a big difference between giving sincere advice and negative critism. The later is what the op gave. I ask again...can any of you criticize your own pastors or any of the private jet flaunting "men of god"? Dont they flaunt their mansions,cars and private jets on social media? Its you same people that will defend them to the very end even though everything they own was derived via ripping of gullible people in the name of tithes and offerings.

I wonder where you got info that celebs dont invest. Are you in charge of their finances? Investments can fail at anytime or perhaps you forgot how many billionaires got reduced to milliionaires during the 2008 global recession. ..BUT this isnt about giving genuine advice to celebs rather its a grand display of shallow minded ppls inability to accept the success of others else how can you explain the op " advising" wizkid to downgrade to a 1.5m car meanwhile your cherished "men of god" ride around in suvs worth over N10M? Na una be the bad belle ppl wey wizkid sing about.

Make your own mega millions and continue to live wretched at your own discretion but stop hating on your betters.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities Who Love Flaunting Their Wealth by mccloud224(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2015
ease06:
ONLY in NIGERIA people swallow Panadol for another man's headache,u didn't help dem hustle but u want dem to spend or even if dey r wasting it ,is it ur family's fortune dat they r wasting,please its called jealousy.u can rule peoples life u r not deir God,

No mind dem. Na envy go cripple all of dem. Some of them are posting with phones and tablets worth over N100k (which isnt "waste" to them). Why dem no use N3k chinko phone to browse? Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Their problem is their inabilty to bear the fact that a celeb can use twice the money of their entire dreams to buy a car. THATS JUST THE COLD TRUTH in a nutshell. To them N10m gets them a bungalow in one bush somewhere, a 1999 toyota camry, a small shop and little survival change in the bank...Such a person can never fathom how anyone will possibly blow that much on a car. For their info cars worth btw 30 ti 100m are driven daily on 9ja roads e.g bentleys,auston martins,ferraris,maybachs and even buggatis...so let the haterz hang themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiwon Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Tiwa Savage Slams Bizzleo For Calling Nigerian Artist Lazy / Check Out This Young Girl Breast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.