Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,672 members, 7,892,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology (724 Views)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Babcock University In Pictures / Which University In Nigeria Offers Agricultural And Environmental Eng'g? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by nollyj: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
I recently received a question from one of our readers who wanted to study Nanotechnology in Nigeria at Masters level but he could not find tangible information about Nanotechnology programs in Nigeria.

We continued the search but all our efforts returned nothing. So it brings me back to the question on why no university in Nigeria offers Nanotechnology program even at 2015?

If you know any university in Nigeria that offers Nanotechnology that we could not find, kindly update us.

I decided to list many reasons why there has not been any university in Nigeria that offers Nanotechnology for advance studies?

This is not a conclusive list so you are free to state any other reason(s) that should make this list.

1. Lack of qualified lectures

2. Lack of sophisticated equipment and tools for Nanotechnology research

3. Lack of many companies that work in areas of Nanotechnology in Nigeria

4. No job opportunities in areas of Nanotechnology in Nigeria

5. No adequate money for funding research in Nanotechnology in Nigeria

Source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by sammieblaize: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
Same reason none offer aeronautical and aerospace engineering and a whole lotta other courses
Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by nollyj: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
sammieblaize:
Same reason none offer aeronautical and aerospace engineering and a whole lotta other courses

Yes, there are many specialization that is missing in advance level studies in Nigeria
Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by queensmith: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
I wouldnt have assumed nanotech requires much sophistication to learn - most aspects of the course will be theoretical. It can then be supplemented with trips abroad to learn the practical and modern aspects.

I bet its more to do with the lack of qualified staff to teach -
Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by nollyj: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
queensmith:
I wouldnt have assumed nanotech requires much sophistication to learn - most aspects of the course will be theoretical. It can then be supplemented with trips abroad to learn the practical and modern aspects.

I bet its more to do with the lack of qualified staff to teach -

I think the practical aspect is very important. It requires specialized microscopic equipment. You cannot work with the theory alone and the career is practical oriented.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by sammieblaize: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
nollyj:

Yes, there are many specialization that is missing in advance level studies in Nigeria
but it actually doesn't make sense cus this is 2k15
Re: What Is The Reasons Why No University In Nigeria Offers Nanotechnology by baruzeez(m): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
It's been taught as an option in unilorin materials Science Engineering

(1) (Reply)

When You Start Giving Up On Your Studies / JAMB 2015 Statistics: Top 10 Most Sought-after Universities - VAXITY / Biochemistry Vs Geology In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.