Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,081 members, 7,922,613 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Beware Of These Three Mistakes Job Seekers... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Beware Of These Three Mistakes Job Seekers... (473 Views)

In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / 6 Mistakes You Will Likely Make Between Age 20-30 AS A Young Nigerian / Three Mistakes You're Probably Making On Linkedin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of These Three Mistakes Job Seekers... by olaolu39(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
I was privileged to be with an interviewer today.
Even if you are qualified for the job and have the ability, beware of these little foxes.

1. While interviewing, a lady was asked why she only spent months in her previous places of work, all she could say is Job satisfaction in terms of salary.
This is wrong, any interviewer that hears this would conclude you would do the same for the prospective company.
Advise, it is good to be loyal with a company, think of spending years and not months. Even if you have spent months, you may consider removing it from your Cv
, unless if it is an Internship or IT placement.

2. Your passion in the prospective job is determined from your previous job experiences and long term career goals which interviewers find easily to know.
Whatever job experiences you have must tally with the prospective job.
E.g It is wrong to put a teaching experience and banking experience together in your CV when being interviewed for a manufacturing company job.
NB: This may not apply to volunteering job experiences.

3. In Whatever way you have tailored your CV, always know that there could be a discrepancy when facing various interviewer(interviewers with their various ways of thinking). Learn to give a right answer to defend yourself when such situation arises. You get?
Re: Beware Of These Three Mistakes Job Seekers... by unofficial(m): 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Making sense......... My teaching experience will still be on my CV for any job vacancy though.......which other experience I get fa?

(1) (Reply)

#100,000 To Earn #120,000 Per Match(very Sure) / Advice Needed / This Software Test Analyst Needs Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.