Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor (2036 Views)

Lai Mohammed: "Girls Focused On Olamide Badoo And Ignored Me" (Video) / How Jega Defeated Jonathan For Buhari By Femi Aribisala / Polls : Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Sirniyeh(m): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
www.thenationonlineng.net/new/polls-jega-ignored-my-request-for-a-meeting-oritsejafor/

President of the Christian Association of
Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor
Wednesday expressed bitterness over
how the Chairman of the Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC),
Prof. Attahiru Jega refused to hold a
meeting with him.

Oritsejafor, who said the botched
meeting, would have held earlier this
year, hinted at the probability of Jega
ignoring his request based on what some
of the close associates of the electoral
umpire must have told him.

“Some people have told me that I am too
small to meet with him (Jega),”
Oritsejafor said.

He made this disclosure at a one-day
interactive session of key stakeholders in
the Nigerian project comprising religious,
political organizations and security
agencies organized by think Nigeria
Christian-Muslim movement with the
theme: ‘towards a peaceful and
purposeful political transition in 2015.’

Oritsejafor said: “The General Secretary
of CAN has the INEC Chairman’s number.
He sent him a text saying the CAN
President wants to meet with you. The
INEC chairman text back saying those
days were not good so Jega gave us two
days to chose from and we chose one and
he (Jega) accepted. I do not live in Abuja,
I live in Warri, and so I have to make my
plans to come here. All my plans were
made and just as I was ready to come to
Abuja my General Secretary contacted
me again that the INEC chairman (Jega)
said he cannot meet with us that he is too
busy.

“Till today I don’t have access to the INEC
Chairman. I could not meet this man. We
wanted to discuss things bordering us
with him. We want to give him some
solutions, suggestions but that was it. No
new date for us to meet with him. So this
is a problem that is why I am saying this
now publicly. This happened a little less
than two months ago.

“INEC is a necessary organization that
every nation must have. I am concerned
about two things. One is on the issue of
the Permanent Voters Cards (PVC). I have
had it said several times that there are
many Nigerians who are refusing to
collect their PVC. I beg to disagree on this
because I sample this and the church I pastor in Warri with about 35 thousand
people and I asked to show me there
PVCs and I was shocked, I tell you
probably close to half of my congregation
do not have their PVC.

“I sent my pastors over 100 of them out
to meet them and find out why this is so.
“I think one of the things INEC can do is
to publish the PVCs that they have
quickly, so that Nigerians can easily locate
them or pass information on it to each
other, so that one can go there to collect
it. I am not saying this will solve all the
problems but it will go a long way to
solve the problem. We charge INEC to
please make sure that everyone of those
Card Readers work. They should work,
they must work.”
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Redoil: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
Which kind insult be this
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by kilokeys(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
what business does CAN have with INEC undecided?

13 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by emmasege: 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Source?
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Toktee(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
CAN as a branch of pdp has nothing to do with INEC,you are too dubious.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Toktee(m): 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
Redoil:
Which kind insult be this
which one?

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by dridowu: 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
meet for what ? May be me too need to fix appointment with Jega concerning election.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by midolian(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:
As if u dey my mind..I no know wetin dey worry the bling bling man sef.

6 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Controlled(f): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
smh@oritsejafor.....pastor bling bling..... grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by kilokeys(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
midolian:
As if u dey my mind..I no know wetin dey worry the bling bling man sef.

he is a megalomaniac.. i am a christian answerable to christ.. and he doesn't just freak me one minute.. i dont see him as a role model..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by hadizadeezy(f): 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
This man no get shame fa, wetin concern pastor and Inec chairman? abi he wan pray for the ballot papers?

6 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by deskossy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:
good question

2 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by deskossy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ostentatious pastor

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by temitemi1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
#jegamustgo... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Sirniyeh(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
dridowu:
meet for what ? May be me too need to fix appointment with Jega concerning election.

He wanted to prayer for ballot paper

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by politricks: 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
temitemi1:
SMH

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by adeememman(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
he was disappointed because if na jona him call once, he would av answered thrice. dats a presi, not a common inec chair 4 dat mata. mayb am saying wots on his mind

o boy, jega get pride

* jst my opinion*
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by stexsy(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
cAN SHOULD LEAVE POLITICS NA

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Sirniyeh(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
stexsy:
cAN SHOULD LEAVE POLITICS NA

Exactly

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Soreza(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Mr pastor focus on getting soul's for Christ,jega even tried to reply the text,am a Christian but what has can gat to do with inec for GODSAKE

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by JingoOAU(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
It is becoming embarrassing on a daily basis as a Christian to be subjected to ridicule as a result of actions and inactions of the political-inclined CAN under Oritsejafor.

Hardly do you hear that any muslim body is hobnobbing with the Presidency or the Vice President for that matter....cant this CAN leadership just maintain a neutral position for God's sake?

3 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by kokoA(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
JEGA is a very upright man. I respect him.. What has CAN or any religious body for that matter got to do with INEC?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Abayhormy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jonathan did Not sack Abamoro after hail and hearty Nigerian citizens/job seekers were killed by a scam/fraudulent exercise.

But he sacked Lamido sanusi for raising Alarm on corruption.

He sacked sure P chairman for delivering a speech at Obasanjo's birthday.

More importantly, I keep Wondering;

With the satellites Nigeria launched into space, with the information gathering drone(gulma) that was commissioned, with ALL the gadgets of
Airforce and with ALL the BH terrorists that has been captured over time and escaped/rescued BH victims, why hasn't this administration been able to tell us they've traced at least a single evidence to the links or connections of BH to a sponsor ?

Why haven't The alleged BH Food supply Helicopters been spotted or Located by FG for Once ??

Only God knows the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by kodyx(f): 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
50 cents wannabe. Looking for a means to rig the election for jona boy.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by EmmySparky(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
This bling bling pastor is a bad example of a christian...he is just too political...nothing about him is christ-like...
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by EmmySparky(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
temitemi1:
mumu did u read what the OP wrote at all?
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by omenka(m): 12:10am On Mar 19, 2015
Mr Oritsejafor, no one in this country takes you serious anymore. You have completely lost it.
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 19, 2015
The most painful thing is how Oritejafor soil the name CAN in Nigeria with his dubious and greedy act, no wonder Catholic pulled out of CAN. After politicising CAN, he now want to meet Jega to sell his anointed candidate to him.

Oritsejafor 'll soon be called upon to account for the failed money laundering mission he embarked on few months ago, as soon as the people's General emerged.

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari!
#GMB2015

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 19, 2015
What business does Jega have with this hold god of man or you think Jega is Jona
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Sirniyeh(m): 5:05am On Mar 19, 2015
Abayhormy:
Jonathan did Not sack Abamoro after hail and hearty Nigerian citizens/job seekers were killed by a scam/fraudulent exercise.

But he sacked Lamido sanusi for raising Alarm on corruption.

He sacked sure P chairman for delivering a speech at Obasanjo's birthday.

More importantly, I keep Wondering;

With the satellites Nigeria launched into space, with the information gathering drone(gulma) that was commissioned, with ALL the gadgets of
Airforce and with ALL the BH terrorists that has been captured over time and escaped/rescued BH victims, why hasn't this administration been able to tell us they've traced at least a single evidence to the links or connections of BH to a sponsor ?

Why haven't The alleged BH Food supply Helicopters been spotted or Located by FG for Once ??

Only God knows the truth.

That is Nigeria for you. For this reason we all seek change. You can not continue to do same thing same way and expect transformation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by organic973: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2015
kokoA:
JEGA is a very upright man.

Please say only what you know because am sure you MAY not even know prof Jega.
Re: 2015 POLL: How Jega Ignored Me For A Meeting - Oritsejafor by Sirniyeh(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2015
organic973:

Please say only what you know because am sure you MAY not even know prof Jega.

Say what you know

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Menace Of Human Trafficking- Stories From Victims / Gov.akpabio Opens The Ibom Tropicana Shopping Complex (pictures) / Protest Over Ogogoro Ban By Bayelsans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.