Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections (900 Views)

Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / Photos Of The Surveillance Aircraft Used During Sambisa Invasion / Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by Wisdytech(m): 6:47am On Mar 19, 2015
By Edikan Victor,

The Independent National Electoral Commission has insisted that they’ll use the PVC reading machines during the general elections despite protest from PDP for them not to use it citing the irregularities that will be caused by the use of PVC reader.

After careful thoughts about the use of PVC reading machine during the elections, I found out that the PVC reader will cause more electoral fraud and problem than before with my following observations;

The PVC reading machine is controlled by a software which has the capability of detecting, accepting and rejecting an original and a fake PVC.

Since the PVC reading machine can be programmed (configured) to accept and reject original and fake PVC respectively, as a programmer there’s no doubt that the same machine can be programmed (configured) to accept or reject any PVC be it authentic or fake.

The introduction is this machine will lead to “advance electoral fraud” because this machine will be configured to accept and reject some sets of PVC’s in some areas.

For example, the PVC reading machine that will be sent to Akwa-Ibom can be programmed to “reject” any PVC that contains names like Bola, Shola, Ade, Ibrahim, Musa etc. and PVC reading machine sent to places like Lagos and Kano can be programmed to “reject” names like Okon, Uche, Emeka, Ebele etc.

The use of technology in election if not really checked can lead to high election fraud.

It can be recalled that INEC claimed to be fully prepared for the election earlier slated for 14th February but later tested the PVC reading machine one month after the postponement of the election and there were much irregularities during the testing of the PVC reading machine.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/reasons-why-pvc-reading-machines-should-not-be-used-during-elections/
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by Princecalm(m): 6:52am On Mar 19, 2015
so what are you suggesting they use
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by WisdomFlakes: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2015
FA FA FA FOWL! - in Chief. Zebrudaya's voice.
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by buskie13(m): 7:45am On Mar 19, 2015
I don't want neither PDP or APC to use it to their own advantage.. all i want is a free and fair credible elections...

BTW in case u don't know

it's GEJ till 2019 baby
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by sinizia: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2015
Jega better be right on this Card reader issue, because the tension in this upcoming election is not something to joke with. This is without doubt the most talked-about election in Nigeria's history.

If Jega's card readers fail on the election day, I don't want to imagine the monstrous calamity that will befall him and masses who are always the victim of any post-election violence.

Jega, don't let your ego allow millions of Nigerians be disenfranchised. If you have doubts about this card, don't use it. Don't cause an outbreak of war. Just saying.
Re: Reasons Why PVC Reading Machines Should Not Be Used During Elections by ckmayoca: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Tot d reader is for verification not voting so if I'm verified u won't even knw who am voting for so what r u driving at?

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Buhari's Speech Today At A Town Hall Meeting Wit Women In Lagos(A MUST READ / The People’ S Time Has Come The Commonsense Revolution Is Here / Season Of Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.