Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Won’t Tolerate Violence Against Women If Elected—buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Tolerate Violence Against Women If Elected—buhari (325 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Tolerate Violence Against Women If Elected—buhari by aproko247: 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the March 28, 2015 election, Muhammadu Buhari, has vowed to tackle the issue of violence against women in Nigeria if he eventually wins the poll.

The former Head of State made this promise on Thursday, March 19, 2015, while speaking at the APC Interactive Town Hall Meeting with women in Lagos.

Buhari, who has contested for the presidency position three times in the past, said his government will have a zero tolerance on violence against women and girls in the society.

The Kastina State-born retired army general turned politician said he will ensure that the rights of women will be fully protected because he cares a lot about them.

“My administration will have zero tolerance against women and girl. Women’s right will be fully empowered and protected under my government,” Buhari said at the meeting.

He further declared that, “I solemnly stand before you today to say that I will not take you or your votes for granted.”

http://www.aproko247.com/2015/03/19/i-wont-tolerate-violence-against-women-if-elected-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Igbos TUNE RADIO Biafra;live @97.6 From 8-11am And 7-11pm 24/7 / An Open Letter To The International Community / Wike Pays Patience Jonathan N199m Monthly To Gain Political Favour- Gov Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.