Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,301 members, 7,943,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

You Might Have A Great HR Initiative But You Can’t Sell It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Might Have A Great HR Initiative But You Can’t Sell It (726 Views)

You Can’t Execute Rev. King, Others, Falana Tells Ambode / You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Might Have A Great HR Initiative But You Can’t Sell It by CEdge: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Making management aware and gaining their buy-in to your initiatives or ideas require sales mastery. Selling is simply your ability to make people buy-in to what you believe in. In my few years of practicing human resources, project management and business development, I have come to a conclusion that the most important skills a manager need is selling.

HR professionals are continually faced with a strong need to sell their initiatives to senior management. Most times their dominant thought and concern centres on “this idea is the ‘idea’ we need, but how do I make senior management feel the same way about the idea”.

Project managers continually have to sell the benefit of their plan to relevant stakeholder, without stakeholders buy-in, it’s very likely the project will fail. In fact, without the ability to sell, nothing works. No matter how we run away from it , the importance of developing excellent selling skills is not always significant until when your department is about to be relegated.

Selling an initiative involves taking the following steps

Plan how to sell before trying to sell: Organizations always ask questions such as “what is in it for us”, the HR executive must be prepared for a value based presentation using analytics, this actually takes intensive preparation, justifying how it affects the bottom-line e.g. ROI
Understand the initiative and how its support your organizations strategic goal
Don’t argue when objections are raised, acknowledge concerns and justify with more analytics that addresses each concern.

To gain support of senior management about HR value contribution, HR leaders must learn how to sell. An HR initiative is worthless until you gain the support of senior management! You are a sales person, so go out there and sell initiative!

(1) (Reply)

Knocks For Jonathan Over 50% Electricty Tariff Reduction / Court Stops Anti-card Reader Suit / Jonathan To Encourage Young Nigerians With More Ministerial Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.