Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,944 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud (24407 Views)

Who Says Nollywood Can't Produce 'kung Fu' Movies? Watch This And Be Convinced / Watch Trailer “the Wedding Party” Featuring RMB, Sola Sobowale, Alibaba, Iretiol / Where Can I Download "Men Who Built America" Free? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by 9jatatafo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
That means 419ers sponsor your shows too. How many people will use their hard earn money to buy a VIP table for 600k or more of your programs just to laugh? It is those boys who can do that. Kettle shouldn't call pot black.

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by isan(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
419 is not crime

We are getting our due from the whites

They also enslave our forefather to build their economy
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by cjrane: 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hungry yeye man.

That is how i heard that Dangote was the headmaster of fraud and 419 in Nigeria. If it wasn't for 419, Dangote would never have climbed so quickly to displace wealth South African families to become Africa's wealthiest man.
The sad thing with such stories in the disheartening impression that Nigerian could never get rich by hardwork. But if it were foreigners or MTN, then it would be okay to say they got rich by true means.

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Houseofglam7(f): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
nairaman66:

I bet PEJ is using this handle grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by unmask: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
BIBILISTIC:
For someone dat wasn't in Nollywood, how did he get to knw all dis trash? Anyways, it a 419er to know one. No doubt!
he gave a premise and a viable conclusion... you just basically wrote without thinking.....

remember, you think first then write.
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by xplicitini(m): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
It is so foolish of some people dat don't think b4 u add any comment or let me say ur comment is being judge by ur age because most of does houses being us it's own by fred ajudua and co.
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Ahmeduana(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
BIBILISTIC:
For someone dat wasn't in Nollywood, how did he get to knw all dis trash? Anyways, it a 419er to know one. No doubt!
IT TAKES THE KNOWLEDGE OF A THIEF TO TRACE THE FOOTPRINT OF A THIEF ON A ROCK!
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Crysallis(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
blessedvisky:
OK.
my people, e presidential elections are so close!! A lot of us already know who we choose. I'll like us to share our opinions through likes and shares.

CLICK LIKE FOR GMB AND SHARE FOR GEJ. cool smiley

APC followers will b busy liking online. Alas Goodluck will win tje real deal
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by blessedvisky(m): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Crysallis:

APC followers will b busy liking online. Alas Goodluck will win tje real deal
undecided
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
blessedvisky:
OK.
my people, e presidential elections are so close!! A lot of us already know who we choose. I'll like us to share our opinions through likes and shares.

CLICK LIKE FOR GMB AND SHARE FOR GEJ. cool smiley

Why always click 'LIKE' for buhari and share for jonathan why not the other way round!! Is like u have programmed the likes*
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by blessedvisky(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
olymyk:

Why always click 'LIKE' for buhari and share for jonathan why not the other way round!! Is like u have programmed the likes*

lol, you can't blame me a beg. each time its the other way around, I always get lesser likes wink

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by simdam500(m): 12:04am On Mar 20, 2015
What is it with the sha stress...

I see fictional story....
So where was comedy money from?

Sex jokes? undecided
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by nairaman66(m): 5:44am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by dabossman(m): 5:59am On Mar 20, 2015
Is it that they no longer teach comprehension and logic in Nigerian schools? God help your children.

So because Alibaba gave his own personal insight into what he believes led to the initial growth of Nollywood, it now means his hating on the industry? Some dude here is even shouting tribalism. Seriously?

Several industries in different parts of the world have gained from vices like drug money, racketeering, money laundering and what not. It's not unheard of. Even from as far back as the 80's, we've been hearing of cases of drug trafficking by entertainers in Nigeria. Like some people have stated here, yahoo boys have also contributed their quota. This is not news to those who know.
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by kandiikane(m): 6:06am On Mar 20, 2015
I don't get it, today was not like back in the way. Not everyone was aware of the net. In the 90s and early 2000, people actually spent money to buy and rent the movie cassettes, even non-nigerians, we had movie shops in street corners in my country, so I am sure all that money counted for something towards nollywood. It could be true that nolly wood had 419 money dashed into it but doesn't change the fact the customers and sponsors actually push nolly wood to where it is today. People actually bought movies back then, I think that's what people seem to forget nowadays.
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Revolva(m): 7:42am On Mar 20, 2015
grin grin ;DAlibaba has said the truth abi una think say na Government dey sponsor nollywood.....na tru he talk..na top kingpin 419 na sponsor nollywood first movies...n even our music industry also....

also in US hollywood is being controlled by mafias ..ok look crime pays...but dont get caught ..no body holy pass

knowledgeable:

The envy and hate of Igbo men progress and the beauty of their womenhood will kill the yorubas proper. A couple of crucial factors, and their are other factors that are responsible for the growth of Nollywood and making it to become a global phenomenon are, the natural beauty of Igbo women and the diasporan spread of Igbo population all over the world especially in USA.

who is this ignoramus....what brougt igbo women here na..abi na only igbo women fine pass...you are indeed a tribalist who know noting about other part of nigeria except ur igbotic ideas..
i like igbo people because am close to them they inspire me..ok but when someone is just too igbotic i dont ...like such..alibaba is not even yoruba..ok..he is uhrobo...ok..he is just saying the truth he is not bashing any tribe..ok

youngmoneyeze:
young tee http://www.naijapals.com/music/Young_Tee___To_Nite_Young_Tee-40915
wassup people download the hotest n latest single by y0ung tee tittle to nite.

mr man see my signature below vvisit my site..n come for good musical promotion ok
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Abee79(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2015
@ Ali Baba: Was that supposed to be a joke?

Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by pinkhill(f): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
you mean the pirated copies....tat one na alaba boiz share
ratchetwrench:
That's so myopic. Where does the fans that used their hard earned money to buy the videos enter the equation?
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by swagnine(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Alibaba ... I dontblivU
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by swagnine(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
its owwk
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by effogis: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2015
Only now you decided openning up, who knows why?
Re: Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud by Emirofsambisa1: 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Alibaba is right, at that time there was no funding for entertainers

http://hype9ja.com/2015/03/m-net-finally-launches-
africa-magic-igbo/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / First Sex In Bbnaija 2022 Khalid And Daniella Video / Bbnaija : Amaka Weeps After Verbal Fight With Phyna ,bryann Consoles Her (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.