Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,412 members, 7,961,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

We Are All Suicide Bombers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are All Suicide Bombers. (437 Views)

Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" / Suicide Bombers Hit Borno Mosque / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are All Suicide Bombers. by Abosi31(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Source: http://www.escapedmydiary.com/2015/03/we-all-are-suicide-bombers-arent-we.html?m=1

The caption for this post should actually be “ANOTHER (SUSPECTED) SUICIDE BOMBER LYNCHED IN NIGERIA”. The reason why the ‘suspected’ is optional here is because the murderers of these Nigerians did not confirm if they were suicide bombers before they killed them.

First, how would you know someone is a suicide bomber? Is it the body language, or the gait, or the dressing, or even the size of the person that makes you know he or she is a suicide bomber? Or is it the Holy Spirit or your ancestors that whisper to you like: “My child, that girl who just walked past you is a suicide bomber.” How would you know a suicide bomber? How will someone living as a human in such modern age society join other people to lynch someone just because they feel the person is a suicide bomber? I mean, I really don’t understand the mechanism behind the action.

Let’s face it, personally, if you are told by your Ancestors or the Holy Spirit that the person who you just walked past you is a suicide bomber, what will you do? Will you grab the person and start beating him or her, screaming, “Suicide bomber! Suicide bomber!” so that others will help you commit murder? As a rational human being, will you not run away if you know the person next to you is a suicide bomber? Me, I will run as fast as my feet can carry me, I may only help by screaming “Suicide bomber ahead!” to people I see going towards the direction of the suspected suicide bomber, so they will run too. I will then call the police after I have gone ten or fifteen miles far. It's not selfishness, it's safety first.

The funny thing is that, these suspected suicide bombers who are killed by these people never actually use their last strength to detonate the strapped explosives. They just watch like mumu until they die of shock and injuries, instead of being honourably blown apart and taking a few dozen people with themselves into heaven in the process. It’s funny is it not, that when they are finally killed, no bomb or explosives or anything of the sort is found on their bodies? 

Our sister who was killed then burnt in Bauchi had no bomb on her; she only refused to be searched by people perhaps because she did not want anyone to see the items in her bag. Perhaps the items in her bag were personal, like sanitary pads or dirty undies. If I go out with my manuscripts or blueprints for projects in a bag, then someone wants to search me, I naturally would not let him see it. I guess that makes the content of my bag bombs, and therefore makes me a suicide bomber. I guess you too wouldn't want some people to see what you have in your bag, even if they are harmless. I guess you are a suicide bomber too. We all are suicide bombers then, since we want a little privacy.

Then we will get killed, and burnt, then when our charred bodies are searched, they will find out what we simply did not want to show them was not what they thought it was.

My fellow Nigerians, stop killing people because you think they are suicide bombers. After all, everyone will run if they hear a suicide bomber is in the area, no matter how uncivilized of bloodthirsty you are. Stop lynching ‘suspected’ suicide bombers, then maybe the world will be a better place.

Source: http://www.escapedmydiary.com/2015/03/we-all-are-suicide-bombers-arent-we.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka Shuts Worship Centre Over Alleged Threat To Life / Who Wants To Be President: Buhari On The Hot Seat / Court Shuts Out UPN From Participating In Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.