Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,538 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 PM

21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega (816 Views)

Breaking: Inec's Prof. Abubakar Momoh Is Dead / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 7:37am On Mar 20, 2015
Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega is on Channels TV to talk about 2015 elections. He shared this 21+ important things every voter must know before the election. feel free to share!.

1) "The outstanding PVCs are not being produced in China according to allegations but in a company here in Nigeria"- Jega

2) "For someone whose card is produced tomorrow, we will extend PVC collection for them"- Jega

3) "The card reader has security features and that is why we believe that cloned cards cannot be read by the card reader"- Jega

4) "There's a lot of talk about jammers, but it won't work on the card readers"- Jega

5) "A voter is expected to join the queue for accreditation by 8am"- Jega

6) "A list will be pasted at the PU to enable voters know their PU details"- Jega

7) "If your fingerprint cannot be read, an incident form is filled, then you go and wait till 1.30 when voting begins"- Jega

cool "The Electoral act states no loitering within 300 metres of a polling unit"- Jega

9) "Our guidelines states that if you finish voting and you choose to remain at your PU, be orderly, law abiding and peaceful" - Jega

10) "If you do anything that constitutes loitering, the security agents will intervene"- Jega

11) "Polling unit officials have no access to the information on the card readers so it cannot be tampered with"- Jega

12) "We've done quite a lot and we feel confident and reassured that Adhoc staff are protected during elections"- Jega

13) "We have briefed stakeholders in affected states on the IDP voting methodology and it was widely accepted"- Jega

14) "As I speak with you, we have received assurances that security will be provided for Adhoc staff". - Jega

15) "I understand that military operation is still going on in 3 LGAs". - Jega

16) "We are setting up the IDP camps in accordance with LGAs and PUs and the card readers will be configured accordingly"- Jega

17) "It's safer in Borno state to conduct elections inside the IDP camp, this was unanimously agreed upon by stakeholders"- Jega

18) "If there are areas that have been cleared of insurgents and people have returned and resumed their normal lives, they can vote there"- Jega

19) "If we have a report that PVC was collected by proxy, identified officials will face disciplinary action"- Jega

20) "We encourage people to make reports about PVC collection by proxy"- Jega

21) "I must commend the DG of NYSC who has done a lot for the welfare and security of corp members"- Jega

Moderator frontpage please.

If you have any question for the INEC Chairman, Prof. Jega send them here to me and I help you forward them or send them directly to @sunrisedailynow @channelstv before the interview ends.
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 7:38am On Mar 20, 2015
you may as well use #AskJega on twitter.. LIVE interviews starts 07:30am
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2015
"If there are areas that have been cleared of insurgents and people have returned and resumed their normal lives, they can vote there"- Jega
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2015
"It's safer in Borno state to conduct elections inside the IDP camp, this was unanimously agreed upon by stakeholders"- Jega
"As I speak with you, we have received assurances that security will be provided for Adhoc staff". - Jega

"I understand that military operation is still going on in 3 LGAs". - Jega
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by alienvirus: 7:50am On Mar 20, 2015
Ok na
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by Jorussia(m): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2015
we nor get light o,chai i like watch the interview.
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by gen2briz(m): 7:55am On Mar 20, 2015
Light no dey
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 7:56am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 8:04am On Mar 20, 2015
Four things the Card Reader does according to Jega:

1) Reads only INEC issued PVCs

2) Voter verification using embedded chip

3) Voters authentication using biometrics

4) Keeps PVC record" - Jega
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2015
Esther Ogun Asked: What happens if officials can't use the card readers for whatever reason

Jega Answered:

1) In the event a card reader fails during accreditation, we will replace it within the accreditation period

2) If we can't replace it within the accreditation period, we've agreed with stakeholders that elections will continue the next day
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 8:26am On Mar 20, 2015
So, I asked a question: cheesy

And below is the answer to my question, big thanks to @Inec for sharing the answer on twitter.

Learn more: http://ketekete.com/chairman-of-inec-prof-attahiru-jega-on-channels-tv/
Re: 21 things every voter must know - Chairman of INEC Prof. Attahiru Jega by ketekete: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2015
"I must commend the DG of NYSC who has done a lot for the welfare and security of corp members"- Jega

(1) (Reply)

Igbos - The City Builders / BIAFRA WAR: What The Old Soldier Told Me. / Al Jazeera Forecasting Rain Tomorrow In Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.