Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,757 members, 7,972,714 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:48 PM

How To Create Your Own Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Create Your Own Market (921 Views)

Exposed:how To Create Your Own Professional JAMB CBT Software No Coding Required / Create Your Own Job! / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create Your Own Market by stillleno: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2009
I once read a post by gold-link. the post offered simple free information inspired to push people into thinking of ways to make money.

then i decided to drop this post too. it is geared to further help you with your aim of becoming an entrepreneur or self employed. before i continue let me beg off for my spelling and grammar mistakes. (i am a passionate writer and the words sometimes flow too fast, and since no be exam i de do i no go edit)

lets talk about branding a bit. branding is the act of differentiating your service or product from close competitors. it is a marketing term than can be borrowed by small business to make then clearly discernible, increase market visibility and kinds of creates a separate market for you. in short what i am saying is that your business should not just be a copy copy.

suen open forum, u self go open forum exactly as suen own be. only differences are color and name. you just made yourself a direct competitor of suen. which you could have avoided if you opened a forum and added a feature to make yours a bit different. for example a forum with a chat service (there is one around). you are both now into forums but u are in another new market of forum users who would want to use an online chat service. while dis is not the literal application of the marketing term branding you have created a new face for your service and a new market.

look around, from the barbershop to dry-cleaners. no matter what type of business you do online or off, there are ways to brand or separate yourself from your competitors. leave dem always trying to catch up with your new moves. dont just do a business exactly how others have been doing it forever.

you need guts, you need imagination and a good understanding of your customers.

now some examples

are you into drycleaning? can u not employ one or two pretty chicks, well dressed and with good command of english.? get them biz cards and unleash them to nearby banks and high profile offices. let them smile alot, throw your cards around and promise to come pick dirty clothes at call. you would have made your dry cleaner biz step into a new market. the market of bankers who would love (they hardly have time) people to cum pick dirty clothes and bring them clean. if you be banker would this not save you some stress?

start thinking, what extra feature can you offer to your customers to make then relieve stress or get greater value? once you can find that feature you will be surprised that people are willing to pay a little more for a little extra service.
how can you make your simple product or service look more sophisticated? its all in the packaging i always say.

time to put on your thinking caps, look at successful small business around you. how can you take, re position and brand it with a little extra service and create a whole new market for yourself?

let me give you my own example. people sell books and info products (it is a growing business here in Nigeria) i decided to join them i wrote a book on how to write (i am actually an online freelance writer, see proof here= triond dot com/user/leno )and make money online and sold some copies advertising on forums and newspapers. but i was doing what plenty others were doing. so?

i re-branded and came up with a website that has over 100 books. instead of buying one, pay 2k (which is less than a book) and get access to 100. now i advertise on papers and really have little or no competitors (who else offers so much books for that price, not to talk of the quality of books and the diverse topics that i have)

my example is just to show you that with proper thinking and putting yourself in the shoes of your consumers you can identify that little thing to add to your business that would make it blossom. you dont have to spend too much as that would only make your product or service too expensive. think!!

the choice is yours. you wanna lead the park? or you want to follow behind? take a risk and join the winners club

Best Wishes

Leno

the site i mentioned can presently be found at cheapbooksplace dot com/wb/

u can choose to task my mind a bit. drop sum biz u are interested in. and we'll see how it can be made to look much more than it is and how you can offer more and create your own market.
Re: How To Create Your Own Market by Kaestro(m): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2009
I must commend your inspiring and educating post.As an entrepreneur these logics are core areas of marketing that needs a good amount of attention.Keep the fire burning.
Re: How To Create Your Own Market by awalright(m): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2009
@still eno

Good write up but need some polishing with the use of your English Command. Your branding lecture is quite educative and sure will open the eyes of many who are brain-drained with ideas. Just like I like talking about Niche Marketing, it somehow connotes with each other, Anyway keep it up bro!!!
Re: How To Create Your Own Market by tksays(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
Creative thinking!
Thanks.

For FREE Business tips and Resources, visit: www.askentrepreneurs.tk

(1) (Reply)

Will N3, 000000 Secure My Future In Real Estate Or Hotel Business ? / Nigeria, China Sign $23 Bln Refinery Deal / Question About Ip Laws In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.