Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! (1133 Views)

Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / No Boko Haram Attack For The Past 3 Weeks! What Is Happening To PDP? / List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by helinues: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
I never knew Jonathan is not clueless not until the election date was shifted for 6 weeks. He has been doing a lot of things to impress people most especially about the crushing of Boko haram. As for that, I respect that action. Kudos.
But why now? Is it because he needed our vote or what? I believe it is too late. You can't turn the hands of a time. Most people had already made up their mind about who they are voting.

A word of advice to his campaign team, if you like share $$, #IHaveDecided.

Change all the way

Vote Buhari/Osinbajo (APC)

8 Likes

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
helinues:
I never knew Jonathan is not clueless not until the election date was shifted for 6 weeks. He has been doing a lot of things to impress people most especially about the crushing of Boko haram. As for that, I respect that action. Kudos.
But why now? Is it because he needed our vote or what? I believe it is too late. You can't turn the hands of a time. Most people had already made up their mind about who they are voting.

Change all the way

Why should you even respect that action? Don't you get what is obvious? There would be outrage in virtually all nations on earth, where human life is viewed as sacrosanct, that GEJ waited for over 15,000.00 of our people to be killed before he is now doing what he should have done to improve security and prevent so many deaths.

How can you respect a totally cynical and self-serving action that is being carried out after so many Nigerians have died needlessly? We need a leader who will do what must be done when it must be done. We do not need a deceitful opportunist happy to let Nigerians dies for 5 years only to begin acting when he is faced with an election loss.

6 Likes

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by helinues: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Gbawe2:

Why should you even respect that action? Don't you get what is obvious? There would be outrage in virtually all nations on earth, where human life is viewed as sacrosanct, that GEJ waited for over 15,000.00 of our people to be killed before he is now doing what he should have done to improve security and prevent so many deaths.

How can you respect a totally cynical and self-serving action that is being carried out after so many Nigerians have died needlessly? We need a leader who will do what must be done when it must be done. We do not need a deceitful opportunist happy to let Nigerians dies for 5 years only to begin acting when he is faced with an election loss.

We are on the same page bro but still we still have to praise him for taken that action. What if he ignores and let Boko haram continue to be killing innocent people. Even if he looses the election, he has nothing to loose.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Rad1cal: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
The APC swines above me don't know it takes time for ordered Military hardware to hit the shores of the prospective buyers. The article below was way back in May, 2014

[size=14pt]Army getting new weapons to combat Boko Haram’
[/size]

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah, has said the Nigerian Army is getting new equipment that will enable it to fight terrorism and combat the Boko Haram insurgency in the country.

The COAS insisted that the military was making progress in its counter-terrorism campaigns, adding that Nigerians must be patient with the service.

Minimah said this while fielding questions from journalists in Abuja on Monday shortly after declaring open the Chief of Army Staff, Third Quarter Conference 2014, comprising Commanders of Army Formations, Department and Units.

“Yes, we have equipment, and the Federal Government is also introducing fresh and newer equipment to us, which will soon be home.

“The Nigerian Army is performing and I also know the expectations of the Nigerian citizens, the expectations are rather too hasty; we need some time, we need patience, we are fighting terrorism, we are not fighting a conventional war,” he stated.

http://www.punchng.com/news/army-getting-new-weapons-to-combat-b-haram/

Another article in August, 2014

Port Harcourt – The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah has said the army will soon launch a massive military offensive to end insurgency in the North-East.

Minimah made this known when he addressed troops of 2 Brigade Port Harcourt at a two-day visit to army formations and units in Rivers on Sunday.

According to him, military hardware’s will soon arrive into the country in furtherance of the Federal Government resolve to end Boko Haram activities.

“The equipments ordered by the Federal Government will soon be coming into the nation’s shores in a few weeks time.

“As soon as the equipments come in, we will launch a major offensive toward ending this madness of insurgency in the North-East of the country,” he said.

Minimah said that under President Goodluck Jonathan, the army had witnessed significant improvement in personnel welfare and institutional capacity to confront the nation’s security challenges.

- See more at:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/boko-haram-army-will-launch-offensive-north-east-says-minimah/#sthash.BV7NHrVz.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
helinues:

We are on the same page bro but still we still have to praise him for taken that action. What if he ignores and let Boko haram continue to be killing innocent people. Even if he looses the election, he has nothing to loose.

Sorry, I cannot praise him for watching idly while over 15,000.00 Nigerians died when, all the time, he had the power to mobilise the Army to tackle and deal with Boko Haram and thus prevent those deaths. That is inhuman wickedness bruv. It lends credence to the accusation that GEJ has always been happy to use terror and the blood of Nigerians for his own selfish political agenda. We are on the same side as supporters of GMB/Osinbajo but I cannot and will never agree GEJ deserves any praise doing today what he could have done, throughout the 5 years he has been in charge of Nigeria, to prevent the death of so many of our people.

What if he ignores and let Boko haram continue to be killing innocent people. Even if he looses the election, he has nothing to loose

With what you write above it seems you have not taken the right lessons from what has happened in the past five years. Jonathan was happy to "ignore" Boko Haram for 5 years and watch Nigerians die. That is the reality none of us invented. This military initiative only comes because of the election loss GEJ fears. He will go back to ignoring Boko Haram if Nigerians give him the 4 years he craves desperately. Nigerians should feel insulted and humiliated this awful leader is doing this now after over 15,000.00 preventable deaths.

Let us just agree to disagree because I know citizens of ambitious nations, where life is valued and folks are not worshippers of their oppressors, will never feel gratitude to GEJ. They will call for his removal and punishment because this military initiative now 100% confirms that GEJ always had the ability to prevent the death of so many Nigerians yet he chose not to do so because he did not attach any value to their lives. GEJ is wicked and entirely self-serving. Each to there own. If you want to feel gratitude to someone whose cynical inaction let over 15,000.00 Nigerians die, simply because of this election-motivated military initiative designed to fool Nigerians and win GEJ votes, then that is your prerogative.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Dansy(f): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
i have made up my mind to vote for GMB. We need change.15,000 souls wasted, these are children, women who cannot defend themselves. l weep for my dear country .Nigerian let us rise up and do the needful by using our vote to vote out corruption.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
I'm yet to really understand and appreciate the reasons he had to wait this long before coming really hard on the virgin seekers. I don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
This is why I want Buhari to investigate the Boko Haram insurgency when he becomes the President.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
This is why I want Buhari to investigate the Boko Haram insurgency when he becomes the President.

This is one of the reasons they feel they must never hand over to Buhari. I.e the fear that the blood they have on their hands will be exposed for the world to see. GEJ and co spent the last five years playing politics with the issue of terror and falsely pointing fingers at others , like Buhari, when they should have been doing all in their capacity to protect Nigerian lives and property. They are now all afraid of jail because of their heinous deeds they feel Buhari will insist they be punished for.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by WisdomFlakes: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
dearpreye:
I'm yet to really understand and appreciate the reasons he had to wait this long before coming really hard on the virgin seekers. I don't understand.

On this we agree.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by WisdomFlakes: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Be prepared to be flabbergasted when the Buhari administration begins to expose GEJ's complicity and culpability in the bh issue.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Be prepared to be flabbergasted when the Buhari administration begins to expose GEJ's complicity and culpability in the bh issue.

Indeed. The very poor and totally negligent handling of the Chibok kidnapping showed the entire world what GEJ is. Any adult not into self-deceit will realise that this current military initiative against Boko Haram is linked entirely to GEJ's fear of electoral rejection. This a shameful and disgusting because over 15,000.00 Nigerians have died needlessly when GEJ did not "give a damn". We are now supposed to praise him for this self-serving initiative which will immediately be scaled back once GEJ receives 4 more years? "Never again". GEJ is going back to his Village.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
I just finished watching Gej's interview with BBC now on youtube and I couldn't believe what I saw. Gej is a disgrace to all PhD holders honestly. His responses were that of an slowpoke..Jeez. How did we end up with Gej? Even the interview clip was cut at 4:51 to 5:21. He goofed at that point. He made a serious faux pax and it was covered up.

INTERVIEWER: Why do you think you will win?

GEJ: I will win because I have support. My party has the largest members and we have PDP members at every polling units in the country.

Chisos...Just few minutes to sell himself to the electorates and he ended up saying trash.

1 Like

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
helinues:

Change all the way

Have you watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWQTKkC16c
This is the height of cluelessness

1 Like

Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
harde2lah:
I just finished watching Gej's interview with BBC now on youtube and I couldn't believe what I saw. Gej is a disgrace to all PhD holders honestly. His responses were that of an slowpoke..Jeez. How did we end up with Gej? Even the interview clip was cut at 4:51 to 5:21. He goofed at that point. He made a serious faux pax and it was covered up.

INTERVIEWER: Why do you think you will win?

GEJ: I will win because I have support. My party has the largest members and we have PDP members at every polling units in the country.

Chisos...Just few minutes to sell himself to the electorates and he ended up saying trash.

Because some "owners of Nigeria" , like OBJ et al, value the need for 'business as usual' to continue more than they want Nigeria to make progress. This is why all Nigerians must go out to vote for Buhari next Saturday. He will be the first President since 1999 who will be independent-minded, his own man entirely and completely focused on working for ordinary Nigerians and not any AGIP, cabal or interest group.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
Gbawe2:

This is one of the reasons they feel they must never hand over to Buhari. I.e the fear that the blood they have on their hands will be exposed for the world to see. GEJ and co spent the last five years playing politics with the issue of terror and falsely pointing fingers at others , like Buhari, when they should have been doing all in their capacity to protect Nigerian lives and property. They are now all afraid of jail because of their heinous deeds they feel Buhari will insist they be punished for.
The int'l community will surely call for the prosecution of Jonathan before the ICC for negeligence.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
Gbawe2:

Because some "owners of Nigeria" , like OBJ et al, value the need for 'business as usual' to continue more than they want Nigeria to make progress. This is why all Nigerians must go out to vote for Buhari next Saturday. He will be the first President since 1999 who will be independent-minded, his own man entirely and completely focused on working for ordinary Nigerians and not any AGIP, cabal or interest group.
I wish I could just put a bullet in his Obj's head right now and send him to sleep.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by Gbawe2: 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The int'l community will surely call for the prosecution of Jonathan before the ICC for negeligence.

This is why other world leaders are fuming with GEJ and barely able to acknowledge him or be polite to our President. The action of the Moroccan King of late is an example. The man showed he could not stand GEJ at all. His disdain for our President was very obvious. There is real horror and shock that GEJ could be so irresponsible with the lives of his own people. Other leaders cannot understand it and find our President absolutely repellent because of this. It is the same as all sane and normal fathers would despise another father who sexually abuses his own child.

It is clear to the world that GEJ abandoned Nigerians to die for 5 years, to the extent Boko Haram claimed territory bigger than the size of Belgium and murdered over 15,000.00 Nigerians in cold blood, only to now begin this cynical initiative because he is desperate to retain his position. Jonathan is fooling no one and I personally hope he pays for his crimes. The death of innocent people is something most leaders will not like to have on their conscience but we all know our President is a heartless man who does not "give a damn". GEJ will get his just 'reward' in the end.
Re: Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame! by anulaxad(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rad1cal:
The APC swines above me don't know it takes time for ordered Military hardware to hit the shores of the prospective buyers. The article below was way back in May, 2014

http://www.punchng.com/news/army-getting-new-weapons-to-combat-b-haram/

Another article in August, 2014

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/boko-haram-army-will-launch-offensive-north-east-says-minimah/#sthash.BV7NHrVz.dpuf

Is that so?, why didn't he accumulate weapons back in 2010, your argument is unjust and clearly has no mass,

10 ordinary lives lost in France, gave way to immediate changes in security structuring in France.

Can you tell me the same will or has been done if that were to have happened in our country. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Results From My Unit....nnpc Quarters, Kaduna / How GEJ Was Decieved / APC Campaign Organisation Blasts Orubebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.