Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,825 members, 7,882,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

419ers in Abeokuta on the loose - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose (1673 Views)

The Best (worst) Of Nigeria's Drug Barons, 419ers And Crime Lords / Rapists On The Loose In Ekiti / Child Rapists On The Loose:how Nigerian Policemen Aid Paedophiles To Escape Just (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
CLICK HERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by Lagusta(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hmmmmm....

I thought the taxi method was outdated....

Thank God say u no dey dash them your life savings!!!! Hahahaha!!!!
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Lagusta:
Hmmmmm....

I thought the taxi method was outdated....

Thank God say u no dey dash them your life savings!!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Outdated ke? Afi bi gba pe won si won le.....they are everywhere now in abeokuta....I am sure I would have been a victim if not that I always hear about them... I know three people in total that have encountered them...only my neighbour actually fell in their trap as she gave them 200k dat day...*e still b like film trick... even my encounter wit them is still funny to me...

1 Like

Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by EfemenaXY: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
I couldn't make head or tails if this story. You assume everyone reading this is / understands Yoruba?

That aside, I don't believe your tale about juju.
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:
I couldn't make head or tails if this story. You assume everyone reading this is / understands Yoruba?

That aside, I don't believe your tale about juju.

The long and short of the story is that there are evil people who use charms to hypnotize other people and manipulate them into bringing all the money they have in their possession. I was almost a victim just that I refused to join in their argument. It is believed that the moment you show interest in their money talk, you lose your sense of reasoning for some time and when you do so, they start manipulating you.

I am a practicing Christian but that doesn't mean I will deceive myself that juju doesn't exist.
I didn't translate to English, the parts I wrote in Yoruba because it would have made it longer and rather 'boring' which it is by the way grin

If you happen to come across someone that is Egba based (Abeokuta based), ask the person about the story up... It is real my dear...
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
scribespad:

The long and short of the story is that there are evil people who use charms to hypnotize other people and manipulate them into bringing all the money they have in their possession. I was almost a victim just that I refused to join in their argument. It is believed that the moment you show interest in their money talk, you lose your sense of reasoning for some time and when you do so, they start manipulating you.

I am a practicing Christian but that doesn't mean I will deceive myself that juju doesn't exist.
I didn't translate to English, the parts I wrote in Yoruba because it would have made it longer and rather 'boring' which it is by the way grin

If you happen to come across someone that is Egba based (Abeokuta based), ask the person about the story up... It is real my dear...

There is no such thing as "just losing your sense of reasoning". Unless you were hit on the head - which is understandable.
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by gidjah(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
aunty,adupe lowo olorun fun yin o
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by xandy84: 6:43am On Mar 21, 2015
First, am happy for you that you did not become a victim. My ex gf lost 180k 8 years ago to such people.
Get some fact straight.. They are everywhere and not Ogun state alone. They are in Lagos state in areas like Bariga, Oworo, Ilupeju side. I had met them times without numbers and all i do is smiles and exchange pleasantries with them.
I was riding on a train in Chicago last week and a man came on board, started calling people to come play little scam game of his and two woman played and win ( the two women are part of the game plan ) and the next guy beside me played and lost and all that played lost except the two women who are with the man. I was surprise and all i could do is smile.
scam cant end as long as there are mugu willing to lose there hard earn cash. All we have to do is equip ourselves with latest trick so as not to fall for one..
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 21, 2015
xandy84:
First, am happy for you that you did not become a victim. My ex gf lost 180k 8 years ago to such people.
Get some fact straight.. They are everywhere and not Ogun state alone. They are in Lagos state in areas like Bariga, Oworo, Ilupeju side. I had met them times without numbers and all i do is smiles and exchange pleasantries with them.
I was riding on a train in Chicago last week and a man came on board, started calling people to come play little scam game of his and two woman played and win ( the two women are part of the game plan ) and the next guy beside me played and lost and all that played lost except the two women who are with the man. I was surprise and all i could do is smile.
scam cant end as long as there are mugu willing to lose there hard earn cash. All we have to do is equip ourselves with latest trick so as not to fall for one..

Yea, true though, we all should just be careful.... These pple are very many in Abeokuta and that is y i am particular about Ogun state....
Re: 419ers in Abeokuta on the loose by deavicky(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
scribespad:
MY NEAR VICTIM EXPERIENCE IN THE HANDS OF A TEAM OF ‘419ERS’ (DUBIOUS PEOPLE) IN ABEOKUTA, THE OGUN STATE + THEIR MODUS OPERANDI.

This is a TRUE LIFE experience in the hands of wicked people who God did not allow me fall prey to – They tried but they failed.

It is a very Long read, be patient (especially if you live in Ogun state) and read through… Warn your loved ones too. PLS IGNORE ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday the 18th of March, 2015 will remain an unforgettable day in my life because I experienced firsthand, what I had always heard of. Prior to my encounter with these people, I had always thought that nothing can make me be in the same place with these people because I, by nature, am a very vigilant person – I know when irregular/strange/abnormal things are happening around me. Only if I knew better that anyone can fall victim irrespective of who you are. All we need to do is to always be armed with the blood of Jesus.

A neighbour of mine once fell prey to these people – it was until she had given them the sum of 200,000 naira before she regained her senses. (Even after she had gone home to bring all the money on her which was the 200K, they still commanded her to go back and bring more money although she regained her senses along the line, but the 200K was gone!). All the while, she was under the influence of a strange spirit. That is why we should always pray without ceasing – it is necessary.

After my encounter with these 419 people, I left a message in the facebook page of the Ogun State government and I hope something is done fast about these evil people before they become a menace to the country as a whole. As of now, from my findings, they are more in Abeokuta and it is as if they are on the loose. They are very wicked and diabolical; they pity no one, they have sold their consciences to the devil and so MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE AWARE ESPECIALLY THOSE IN OGUN STATE. INFORM YOUR LOVED ONES AND NEVER BE CARRIED AWAY IN ENTICING TALKS.

Has the situation in the country gotten so worse that people no longer have the fear of God?

Evil perpetrators now disguise as drivers and passengers and prey on innocent victims to rob them of their money and valuables using black power (this may sound unreal but it is actually true).

They are capitalizing on the fact that there are no laws put in place by the government to curb such activities and so, their activities are on the rise while they recruit more people into the business.

THEIR MODUS OPERANDI, I WAS ALMOST A VICTIM

These people pose as taxi drivers and passengers. Usually, they are three in a taxi, a driver, a woman always in front and then a young man/guy always at the back – they also use buses too to operate but the one common within the state is the use of taxis.

After purposely starting a conversation of how a passenger has left lots of dollars in a bag inside the boot and how he doesn’t want the police to arrest him, the driver tries to get the attention of the ‘victim’, who is usually the odd one out in the taxi but wouldn’t know and the moment the victim shows interest in their discussion or responds to them, he/she loses touch with reality. When they notice that their ‘VOODOO/JUJU/CHARM’ has had an effect on the ‘victim’, they then instruct the person to go and bring all the money and gold they can lay their hands on and that they must not tell anyone, else, they will die.
And that is how they always succeed in robbing their victims of money and valuables without the use of gun but ‘voodoo’.

***I entered one of such taxis on Wednesday and immediately I knew they were the ones, I started to pray within me. Scared, shocked and as if my head was expanding, I refused to speak to the driver when he wanted me to make a decision on the supposed dollars and gold that was in the boot of the car. He threatened to go to the police station and take all of us in the car along but I still remained calm, knowing well that once I speak, the imaginable may happen. When they (the driver and his cohorts - a dirty looking young man and a woman) wouldn’t get my attention, the driver told me to get down that he was no longer going to my destination. This happened on top a bridge in Abeokuta, it was bad but I thank God I escaped because the moment I touched foot on the ground and got down fully from the taxi, I regained composure – the fear gone and my heart no longer beating fast – but I was still in shock***

This is a serious issue, a lot of people have fallen victims to these wicked people and it is only the government that can put a stop to their menace. It is as if they are on a loose and if care is not taken now; their activities will soon begin to disturb the general peace of the State.

These evil people are on the loose in Abeokuta, Ogun State government should come to our aid oh.

READ THE FULL EXCERPTS OF HOW IT WENT WITH THEM: **IN YORUBA

I stood by the road side in Itoku market in Abeokuta and tried to stop any taxi going to Lafenwa but non stopped and that was why about 7 minutes later, when a taxi I had flagged down stopped, I was so eager to enter I did not take note of the plate number of the taxi – this I usually do as a conscious effort to trace any taxi easily should I get home and realize I had forgotten something in the taxi.
In the taxi were the driver, a woman in front and a dirty looking young man at the back. I joined in to make the fourth person in the car.

ME: Ejo, e ba mi si ilekun lati inu, ilekun yi o si lati ita
DIRTY GUY: Mo ti si
(I entered with a little struggle, the taxi had metals that can tear one’s cloth everywhere in the door)
DRIVER: Ha, shey ko sa mu yin sha?
ME: Rara sir
DRIVER: OK, reason ti mo fin bere ni wipe o ti fa aso eni kan ya leni, mo ni kin dele, kin lo tun se ni
--I didn’t say anything again—
DRIVER: Nibo le fe bole ni Lafenwa --- At this point, it should have clicked that I was in the wrong taxi because drivers that ply itoku to Lafenwa everyday can’t ask that question because they all have one place where they drop passengers off which is a filling station – that is the only place a taxi can drop you off.
ME: Bon Sodiq – I wanted to get something there BTW so I just responded half mindedly and before I would know it, the drama began.
DIRTY GUY: E gba owo yin ---gives driver hundred naira and driver gives him twenty naira change---
DIRTY GUY: Mi ole gba 20 naira oh, o ku 10 naira
DRIVER: Ko possible oh, mi o le gbe ---------- si Lafenwa ni 70 naira nibi ti epo ti di 100 naira per litre abi mo paro Sister? ---referring to me but I didn’t reply because I hate taxi talks on a normal day.
DIRTY GUY: O ti da ni bi bai ---we were now on the Itoku bridge linking Enu gada for those of you familiar with Abeokuta
DRIVER: ---Still talking about the t.fare--- En, mi ole gbe 70 naira lai se pe mo ji epo yen, ese, e si lekun ke bole
DIRTY GUY: ---trying unsuccessfully to open his side of the door--- Mo leru ninu boot
DRIVER: So eyin le ni bag inu boot yen abi, se e sure pee yin le ni bag yen sha?
DIRTY GUY: Emi ni
DRIVER: Eyin le ni, eyin le ni ---his voice now raised--- Kilo wa ni nu e
DIRTY GUY: Glass cups, awo… …---now inunaudible---
DRIVER: E den paro, owo lo wa ninu bag yen, ibo le ti ri aduro owo yen
DIRTY GUY: Se e lo tu bag mi ni
DRIVER: ---getting angry--- Mi o se nit u? Emi le fe ko baa bi? Ti awon Olopa bad a mi duro nko? Wahala niyen, E ko dollars sinu motor, en? Ibo le ti ri aduro owo yen? Ma gbe yin de station leni.
DIRTY GUY: --- now acting scared--- Ejo e je kin bole, oya e gba owo si ---he attempts to give the driver the twenty naira change he had earlier collected--- Ma fun yi lowo si, e jo, e e kin malo

**I was already getting scared at this point because I had realized they were a group and were part people I have always heard about that use charms to command people to go and bring any money they lay their hands on** I started praying in my mind. I called on God not to allow me fall victim to the wicked people** Before I realized who they were, it was as though a strange spirit had entered me, my head was expanding or so I thought… My heartbeat obviously increased**

DRIVER: Ewo, in fact, e gba owo yin pada, e fun mi ni change ti mo fun yin ---they did their exchange while I prayed in my mind, not knowing if I should come down because I feared they might be armed.
DRIVER: Mo gbo do gbe yin de station ni tori every two weeks ni awon Olopa ati road safety ma ba wa se meeting pe ka ma report awon suspicious people tab a gbe ni nu motor wa --- At this point, the woman who I later suspected is the driver’s wife spoke---
DIRTY GUY: E jo, irin ajo ile aye mi lo gbe mi.. …. …..-----at this point, I wasn’t really interested in what he as saying but I was able to get one or two things from what he was saying…He explained that he was working with a Saudi Arabia boss who just died. After his boss died, the wife told all the domestic workers to leave and when the wife was not around, some of the workers broke into the late boss’ room and started packing dollars and gold. In order for him not to leave empty handed, he also went in and packed a bag of money. That, according to him was how he came about the money---
DIRTY GUY:---after his useless explanation--- Ejo Aunty, mummy, E ba mi be won , Ejo.. Ejo….
** Imagine? Which fool will believe this story?
WOMAN: ---referring to the driver---E de se su ru, Se ti e ba gbe wan de odo awon olopa ni si, se awon olopa ma wa fun yin ni nkan pe e wa fe jo sun ni…
DRIVER: Ah, mi o fe wahala oh, a fi ki n gbe wan dey station oh, motor mi ni now, abi SISTER (referring to me), ki le ro pe ki a se si
ME: --- now very scared and careful not to talk on the money issue so the charm doesn’t take effect --- I gave him a I don’t know sign while putting up a ‘’mumu’ face
*Now realizing that I was not co-operating as they expected, the man then said that I and the woman should get down, but the woman said he should go on that she will get down in front. He moved forward a little and stopped, we were still on the bridge.
DRIVER: Sister abi ki e bo le, station ni mo n lo
ME: --- now thanking God--- Se ma wa san owo fun yin ni ti mi o ti de Lafenwa
DRIVER: --angry and impatient--- Ko need

I got down immediately and the breeze that blew me was so refreshing and different from the taxi, I knew something strange was in the taxi…

NOW, see this, the driver that said he was taking the man to the police station not far from where he dropped me, sped off and then he got down from the bridge turned immediately and didn’t even use the roundabout. He faced Itoku road back, meanwhile the police station is in the opposite direction. Can you imagine? This is a man that was threatening fire and brimstone moments back oh…. When he had turned, I looked at him and our eyes met… the woman and dirty guy were still inside the vehicle, they too were looking at me.

I am sure, they went back to hunt for their next victim.

***Story was first posted HERE
I think it will be good for Nairaland to introduce vioce mssg, as this will save us the stress of reading through some post because of it's length. We will just listen.

(1) (Reply)

The Notorious DPO Of Alapere Police Station. / Have You Heard Of The New Instagram Shopping Scam? See How this one got nabbed / See How 23 Year Old Man Raped And Murdered Beautiful Lawyer Who Let Him Stay At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.