Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize (3156 Views)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Chiamanda's Americana... Please I Need This Book, Any Source In Lagos? / Chiamanda Ngozi Adichie Finally Releases Her Thrilling Book 'americanah' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by earTHMama: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2009
Me and Sapp are gettin' married. Wanna be our bridesmaid?
I'm in. Invite me please.
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2009
Funmi Olofofo. LOL. tongue
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2009
why are girls this jobless
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
princesa:

why are girls this jobless

Dunno. Being the jobless expert, why don't you enlighten us. cool
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2009
That because ur case is way above my hands
You need to go to Rehab after that straight to Ego management class
when you are tru with them
you can come enrol in my class cool i will do the rest
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2009
princesa:

That because ur case is way above my hands
You need to go to Rehab after that straight to Ego management class
when you are tru with them
you can come enrol in my class cool i will do the rest

ROFLMAO! With the foregoing gibberish, you sure will have a very long wait.

@ Spikey and Earthpikin, abeg let us move the banter to that other thread in the Sexuality section before some whining people pop a blood vessel. wink cheesy grin tongue
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
i will have a long wait,
cos you are gonna be spending lots of time on the other classes
and i can hold on still for you smiley

well ya all take a move away jo cool joblessness na disease
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
princesa:

joblessness na disease

LOL. Like I said before, being an expert you should know. cheesy

princesa:

i will have a long wait,

and i can hold on still for you smiley

ROFL. Don't hold your breath. undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by earTHMama: 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2009
Spikey and Earthpikin, abeg let us move the banter to that other thread in the Sexuality section before some whining people pop a blood vessel.
Because of the fake princess? I think she was talking to girls like her and we are women after all.
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 5:04am On Jan 30, 2009
Who? That Agbero? Not at all. I just think before another twit comes along to whine and whine perpetually about how we are not discussing Chimamanda on this thread, it would be best to joke about in the appropriate section.
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
earTHMama:

Because of the fake princess? I think she was talking to girls like her and we are women after all.
you sure dont know the meaning of being a woman, so dream on its the only free commodity these days undecided

Sapphic:

Who? That Agbero? Not at all. I just think before another twit comes along to whine and whine perpetually about how we are not discussing Chimamanda on this thread, it would be best to joke about in the appropriate section.
having a conscience bite now aint you
Joblessness i still claim is a disease
and still waiting for your flat butt here in my class tongue
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by spikedcylinder: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2009
Princesa, why do you never ever make sense? I hope you are not like this IRL?

You are an embarrassingly annoying twit but I'm sure you know that. undecided tongue
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by bluespice(f): 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2009
she's coming to my school in march! cheesy
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
princesa:

you sure dont know the meaning of being a woman, so dream on its the only free commodity these days undecided
having a conscience bite now aint you
Joblessness i still claim is a disease
and still waiting for your flat butt here in my class tongue

Guilty conscience ke? Someone with more sense would see that I am trying to get the hell away from you. undecided And really, you should stop drawing continuous attention to your disease. We get it. . . Honestly, we do, we do. cheesy (Na wah for all these yawa o. First Funmi called my butt "Idi Nla", now this one is calling it flat. Is there no insult that would be bestowed on my lovely Behind? embarassed). LOL.
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by AloyEmeka9: 5:00am On Feb 05, 2009
she's coming to my school in march!
You go help me toast her?.
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2009
wow!she deserves the award,after reading her books i knew she will do well.earthmama pls she is not overratted just get the books!
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Princesa, w[b]hy do you never ever make sense[/b]? I hope you are not like this IRL?

You are an embarrassingly annoying twit but I'm sure you know that. undecided tongue
and why do you always make stupid sense? when in my post did i mention ur name? undecided
immediately your fight-sniffing nose smelt trouble, you just entered and faced the only one you think would be easy to swindle, well listen you girl, i have had enuf of you, if i owe you or you owe me, lete the paying-up start immediately, because of you i had a warning from a moderator, just like that , nothing really meant in my actions, but now enuf, Spyke find another bicker mate. . . . . . shio sad

Sapphic:

Guilty conscience ke? Someone with more sense would see that I am trying to get the hell away from you. undecided And really, you should stop drawing continuous attention to your disease. We get it. . . Honestly, we do, we do. cheesy (Na wah for all these yawa o. First Funmi called my butt "Idi Nla", now this one is calling it flat. Is there no insult that would be bestowed on my lovely Behind? embarassed). LOL.
and you never should be involved with me at the first place
why are u backing out now tongue

the last time i checked you were the one who had the disease
come enrol in bluespice's and I class
should give you the cure tongue
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by spikedcylinder: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2009
"Stupid sense".

Whatever the hell that means. undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by bluespice(f): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2009
princesa dont mean to butt into this lovely banter between u girls
but which class are we enrolled in?
and i mean this in the cleanest possible way
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by spikedcylinder: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2009
bluespice:

ROTFL! grin
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
bluespice:

no reason 4 dat
we ar gud girls here with cool minds
say whateva u like unhibited wink

spikedcylinder:

"Stupid sense".

Whatever the hell that means. undecided
its actually a literary terms called oxymoron
try checking it out undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by bluespice(f): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2009
u still didnt answer my question undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 7:33pm On Feb 06, 2009
THE LAST TIME I CHECKED
U WERENT PART OF THE GIRLS NEEDING CLASS undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by bluespice(f): 11:36am On Feb 07, 2009
princesa:

come enrol in bluespice's and I class
well, arent these ur own words?

look im not trying to meddle okay, i just want to know
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2009
bluespice:

she's coming to my school in march! cheesy
and you said this,
though i never tot u were meddling just that
you were in the fun, and i meant individual class undecided
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by bluespice(f): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
ahhhh
i see wats happening here

okay lemme explain she is actually coming to my school in march meet n greet, book signing, talk n all
so im sorry for the ambigous post wink
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2009
ok, sure
sorry for the misunderstanding wink
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
I like Chimamanda Adichie's writing. About Biafra and Nigeria when she was yet unborn. However I think you guys here are not helping anybody, especially yourselves. Wetin Naija gals dey think sef? It's a shame u all while away time here o! I don't blame u. Una get bobo wey una go soon marry. Creative thinking is not in ur lists at all! I even wonder why una come here? Cause u all got money to spend, maybe! That aside, we should be proud of Chimamanda and hence I don't like it when a certain Peaceworld talks about her Africanness! We're Africans, for crying out loud! Although I've downloaded his BLACK BOOK and think he has it in him to be the best in his writing (Fascinating book for kids, but only one Nigerian character doesn't help this country! You'll love this if you're a fan of FANTASY and HARRY POTTER. For a free download, go to www.lulu.com/freedownloads), I still think he should leave us alone with our Africanness!
Linda
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
i dont undastand one out off all your jam talks lady/dude

who told you that all the nigerian ladies depend on their male friends for sustenance?
or that we hate Chimanda Adichie?
are you also suggesting we relapse into reading harry and co (a group of dim witted ficticious creeP?
are you an expatriate or a nigerian?
look well before you post jare
no dey jam talk anyhow for here
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Sapphic: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2009
Tut, tut, tut Princesa, you were so intent on bagging me that you were not paying attention to the flow of the other conversation. tongue So tay you dey go enlist Blue wey dey talk say Chimamanda dey come to im school. Do try to keep up. LOL. wink

Anyway, what the heck is that Linda joker on about? angry E be like say she dey misyarn for hia.

Lindakiss:

I like Chimamanda Adichie's writing. About Biafra and Nigeria when she was yet unborn. However I think you guys here are not helping anybody, especially yourselves. Wetin Naija gals dey think sef? It's a shame u all while away time here o! I don't blame u. Una get bobo wey una go soon marry. Creative thinking is not in ur lists at all! I even wonder why una come here? Cause u all got money to spend, maybe! That aside, we should be proud of Chimamanda and hence I don't like it when a certain Peaceworld talks about her Africanness! We're Africans, for crying out loud! Although I've downloaded his BLACK BOOK and think he has it in him to be the best in his writing (Fascinating book for kids, but only one Nigerian character doesn't help this country! You'll love this if you're a fan of FANTASY and HARRY POTTER. For a free download, go to www.lulu.com/freedownloads), I still think he should leave us alone with our Africanness!
Linda

when you write misinformed crap like that highlited, you come off as little more than a slowpoke. It is not your place to wonder what anyone is doing on Nairaland as frankly that is none of your damn business. angry
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by princesa(f): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2009
i win you win, everyone is happy
duh undecided
enough with the bicker
Re: Chiamanda Adichei Wins Italian Prize by Peaceworld(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2009
Hey ladies, why is there so much HATE in here? And Linda, pls understand I'm not saying we should forget our 'Africanness' or whatever that means! We are Africans. It is non-negotiable. Thanks for your comments on my book, though, but you girls should stop hating each other, plssss? Stop calling yourselves names? It tells volumes about one's character, you know.
Peaceworld

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret To Writting And Pass Toefl Exams ( Toefl Writting Techniques) / Japa Gone Bad / The elements : Knights and Warlords

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.