Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:34 PM

Polygamy - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Polygamy (4676 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / The Negative Effects Of Polygamy / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy by JJYOU: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2009
indulgence
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
Lol. You and Modupe, aka MarmaMod are entertaining me. keep it up, until you grow out of it. Marrying one widow, could not be in any normal be considered widow hunter. Could you then consider a person who marries a divorcee, a divorcee hunter? Could then say that a man who marries a woman who never have married before a never married woman hunter? Could you then say a person who marries a virgin isa virgin hunter?

When a marriesyou, Funmi, what should we call the man; a neowoman hunter, or a dominatrix hunter or a hotfunmi hunter, or what exactly? By the way, I don't feel you. Ooto. I know that hurts you. But it is the truth. Apart from your Yorubaness, you are not my type. At least you are not a muslim and you talk too much. Who knows what you will discuss with your friends about what happened in the bedroom. These and many others disqualify you.

Are you sacred i will tell nairalanders about your impotence? grin grin grin

Funmilayo. Big mouth girl. One woman that I married is not enough to say that I prey on her type. May God not make you lose your husband. If that were to happen, will it be a sin for another man to marry you after many years you have been single? What if a woman is divorced? Does she have the right to be remarried? Oops. I forgot that you are a Christian and your religion allows just a one time marriage. If a husband dies, you are on your own, rejected and no more chance for you. If you are divorced, its all over, too. Islam is different. It deals with the situation that naturally occurs with human.

A person can lose a loved one very early in the marriage. Her life or his life should not have to end, alone and lonely. Funmi, you are so afraid of marriage that it shows your weakness. No wonder you are trying to be supewoman by wearing spike. When the right man comes for you, you better relax. Be just a woman for once. Make grand babies for your parents. Get married before hand.
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2009
Tani Alhaji pe ni orobo? Hope not me sha. Im not Ijebu.

What if a woman is divorced? Does she have the right to be remarried

Did your first wife remarry? Poor woman got sucked into your trap and sent away  sad. If she had marry a Christian, she'd be happily married

Zinab is in her mid 30s. You should have given her children by now instead of lurking around for fresh meat that you dont deserve. Is that how you wooed her? Telling her that she wont be enough for you?

Only reason you want only sons is cos YOU KNOW you wouldnt be able to keep your hands to yourself if you had daughters. You'd want to get what is meant for their husbands. you only want daughter in laws so you can justify seducing them with "whatever my sons own, i own as well"
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2009
« #66 on: Today at 05:16:45 PM » Tani Alhaji pe ni orobo? Hope not me sha. Im not Ijebu.
Only reason you want only sons is cos YOU KNOW you wouldnt be able to keep your hands to yourself if you had daughters. You'd want to get what is meant for their husbands. you only want daughter in laws so you can justify seducing them with "whatever my sons own, i own as well"

Yawning. KarmaMod is very boring. She does not know what else to say, except to try to accuse me. She is insinuating the most abhorrent things. Alhamdulillah am not a Keferi. I do not know if yoruba people sleep with their daughters or their daughter inlaws. My Islam does not allow me to do that. The yoruba I know does not participate in incestuous behavior. The Ijebus, the Owos, the Ibadans, the Ekos. Even the Ekitis dont do it. I wonder where you get your own gig?

The reason I want sons, I have indicated it. If you are not satisfied, tough. And by the way, I have sisters, nieces, cousins, and those who are not my blood, but call me father, and I also have step daughetrs. Koree soun fun mi.
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2009
lol asiri Alhaji ti tu. You know you hit the bull's eye when someone jumps to the defensive. Went from "fun filling" to "boring" Lmao  grin

BTW Isnt Obasanjo Ijebu?

Your reason for not wanting daughters sincerely doesnt make sense. "cos you are a jealous man", what does that mean if not what I described?

Like I said before give Zinab kids instead of looking for virgins to devour
Re: Polygamy by 4Play(m): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2009
Because Olabowale no gree for una, una come dey yab am. Frustrated spinsters!

@Olabowale

No mind these spinsters. They are always jealous of married people like us. If you offer them marriage now, they will start blushing.
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2009
agree for what? Olab is very close to my father's age which is why this whole thing of him lurking for virgins creeps me out.

4Play, this your wayo marriage that you keep screaming about

Oya lets play along with your lie

Tell us about this your wife since you wont let us breathe again.
Re: Polygamy by olanajim(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2009
@karmaMOD,
i have answered your questions. What next?

If a woman want to leave, she can leave. I am not holding her back or asking her to go. You speak like someone who have been reading too much fiction. If you are not yet married, then wait till you do to understand what marriage is about.

Divorce may not be a stigma, it ha7 always be in line with people's environment. What I said is that, contrary to your thinking most women have post-divorce trauma. Some never get over it. I have been a social worker, community volunteer, and have been opportune to relate with dozens of people who shared their personal lives with me in that regard. In logic, what is "supposed to be" may not be the reality. In science, every hypothetical postulation cannot qualify as Theory until it pass the practical experiment. My dear karmaMODINAT, to your question, divorce may not be a stigma, it is certainly not what any right thinking woman want. If it is avoidable, everything should be done to prevent it, including polygamy.

You know I have a feeling that MOD after your karma is MODINAT. Or someday, it will become MODINAT. Welcome to Islam!
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2009
olanajim:
y.

You know I have a feeling that MOD after your karma is MODINAT. Or someday, it will become MODINAT. Welcome to Islam!

It stands for Moderator. cool I wasnt raised to be a slave. Keep Islam for yourself.

I already told you to forget about it, what I asked you has nothing to do with the epistles you lay at my feet so just let it go. I take back my question.
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
KarmaMod:

BTW Isnt Obasanjo Ijebu?

Puhlease we Ijebu's dont do ugly.
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2009
oh so you're Yoruba today eh?  tongue

Tomorrow it's back to omo nna
Re: Polygamy by MrCrackles(m): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2009
davidylan:

Puhlease we Ijebu's dont do ugly.

Thank you bruv

OBJ is on his own, his claims to Ogun state is even questionable, bloody bastard
! cheesy
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2009
KarmaMod:

oh so you're Yoruba today eh? tongue

Tomorrow it's back to omo nna

If you marry me i'll remain Yoruba forever. grin
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
meaning you'd have to forgo oha soup and the likes tongue
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
KarmaMod:

meaning you'd have to forgo oha soup and the likes tongue

That is non-negotiable. you just have to learn.  grin
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 11:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
What true Yoruba eats oha soup? Berra stick to Yoruba food. Flip Flopper angry grin
Re: Polygamy by olabowale(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2009
:« #68 on: Today at 09:08:55 PM »  
lol asiri Alhaji ti tu. You know you hit the bull's eye when someone jumps to the defensive. Went from "fun filling" to "boring" Lmao

What is the ashiri ti tu, in a statement that defers every cultural and human sentiment? Is there a culture of human being where fathers can sleep with their daughters? Do you know what that means? Is there a culture where mother and daughter can have  sex with the same man?

Is this even permissable among the Yorubas? Lets count the subgroups: In ekiti, is it permissable? In ijebu, it is permissable?

Then fortunately, I am a lion by personality. I am not a shy person. I do not have scarcity of potential mate. Islam allows cousins to marry. I do not do it. Just like people love Turkey. I happen to not like it. Just like people love Ducks. I don't. I dont want to marry people from Ijebuland; Ijebu Ode and Ode Remo and co, becausde of my bloodline. neither do I want Owo bride because of my mother's heritage. I love exotic women and personalities.

Yet, I restrict myself to Nigerians. So to say that you have said anything worthwhile reveals the fact that you know so little about the human pride. Even Camel will kill itself, if he realises that he has slept with his own mother. If animal can hate it, then father daughter is just as forbidden as mother son.

In the Qur'aan, daughters are not mentioned in those forbidden to men, because men being described are supposed to not have been married with children. Yet forbidden to him are women with weaker blood ties than what the man will have with his daughter. That can be understood in the distributions of inheritance.

And if you do not understand how most men feel with their daughters, then you need to ask "Dad." He will tell you how important you are to him. You must be the apple of his eyes. As akobi, he must care so much about you. Then you will understand my jealousy.

By the way, being akobi, you must be more beloved to your father than the abite le; 2nd born etc. Right? When I was growing up, the fathers, in yorubaland, used to protect their daughters like lions, or whales, or hawks, etc. Chief Oshinnuga used to have his gun ready, right at the drive way. He may have been bluffing, but no one wanted to find out. I hope your father has the same jealousy in love for your safety in the hands of "Boys". Some day, I will bring you to the importance of akobi, as highlighted.

BTW Isnt Obasanjo Ijebu?

Please ask those people who know about yoruba names before posting anything yoruba, Obasanjo is from Owu section in Abeokuta. Egbas are not Ijebus.

Your reason for not wanting daughters sincerely doesnt make sense. "cos you are a jealous man", what does that mean if not what I described?

You should ask the old man. You will see how much he shows great interest in your well being. I remember when I became a father. My whole persona changed. My carefree attitude became a father hawk protectionism. You can imagine if I have even a daughter, knowing fully well that the sharks are coming for her will make me gray overnight. Alhamdulillah, my Lord has not burden me with this type of worries.
Re: Polygamy by JJYOU: 1:06am On Jan 24, 2009
KarmaMod:

What true Yoruba eats oha soup? Berra stick to Yoruba food. Flip Flopper angry grin
david you see your sister.

@karma, show mercy na. what will my brother do to get you?
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 1:43am On Jan 24, 2009
You can imagine if I have even a daughter, knowing fully well that the sharks are coming for her will make me gray overnight.

There lies the irony, Alhaji. You wanna protect your own, yet like a shark you want to go after young virgins who SHOULD have a young husband.

NOT You.

Now stop ignoring the rest of the questions. Why are you already lurking for another wife when Zainab doesnt have any kids yet?
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 1:48am On Jan 24, 2009
JJYou. Dont mind that flipflopping David jare. He's a LovePeddler. Polygamist at heart. I no want end up like Alhaji's women.  grin
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 24, 2009
JJYOU:

david you see your sister.

@karma, show mercy na. what will my brother do to get you?

My brother . . . i don beg tire she no gree.  grin

KarmaMod:

JJYou. Dont mind that flipflopping David jare. He's a LovePeddler. Polygamist at heart. I no want end up like Alhaji's women.  grin

Haba . . . upon all the love i have for you.  grin This is how u treat my soul.

Come o, we have unfinished business
Re: Polygamy by osisi2(f): 2:04am On Jan 24, 2009
make una leave Olabs alone jo
He loves his women and his women love him.
Re: Polygamy by KarmaMod(f): 2:24am On Jan 24, 2009
David which business be this tongue

**osisi:

That would be fine if he wasnt looking for more. should he not give zainab pikin first?
Re: Polygamy by 4Play(m): 4:37am On Jan 24, 2009
**osisi:

You dey mind the spinsters? They think it's easy to get married. See as them dey jealous people like us.  grin

Cos Olabowale no gree marry them, we no go hear word.
Re: Polygamy by olanajim(m): 8:32am On Jan 24, 2009
KarmaMODINAT,
thanks for clearing out. I need a rest.

Davidylan,
so you are also Ijebu? A yoruba at that? I am surprised. Happy with you sha.
Re: Polygamy by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2009
KarmaMod:

David which business be this tongue

na wa o . . . u need me to actually remind you again? tongue
Re: Polygamy by javalove(m): 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2009
there r soo many singles here on NL.

Husband expensive oooo. If dem ask u for marriage, no do yanga ooooo cos oko won lode oooo.

which one of u is ready for NIKKAH, i'm ready too, grin grin grin

And david u neva marry ni? why u dey pursue girls for NL. Hope say u no be "oni shi na" ooo
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2009

Tell him to stop chasing me because am not feeling him at all unless he's ready to give his life to christ and get circumcised. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Polygamy by Lagosboy: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2009
earTHMama:

Tell him to stop chasing me because am not feeling him at all unless he's ready to give his life to christ and get circumcised. tongue tongue tongue

I thought it was jarus
Re: Polygamy by earTHMama: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2009
I thought it was jarus
Olabowale. Jarus is a gentleman.
Re: Polygamy by AFEEFA(f): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ 4play
No mind these spinsters. They are always jealous of married people like us. If you offer them marriage now, they will start blushing.

Not all of us spinsters oh!
There is a great difference between a searching spinster and one who knows her worth and what she wants in her man.
Besides, age does matter. angry
Re: Polygamy by GODSON2009(m): 12:51am On Sep 24, 2009
dont worry patiently calm down for your paradise,im sure if women are shared out to the men at the ratio of 72 virgins to 1 muslim man then you are more than sure of getting married although you ll be sharing with 72 other ladies lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need A Good Alfa / Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says / The Virtues Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.