Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? (9945 Views)

No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by pinkycute(f): 9:52am On Mar 22, 2015
Nothing much cheesy am just out of cash wink that's it.....

jaybee3:

Oya wetin u wan buy?
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2015
That is not fasting but cheating you're taking advantage of the situation by calling it fast. Fast is when you deprive yourself of food and all the things you enjoy even when they are available. It could be food,makeup,tv, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The LORD God of Heavens and Earth.

There is no lord of heaven and earth.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 22, 2015
No

1 Like

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by abbas2(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2015
I don't know the angle to which you see it. It is acceptable in Islam. It is an opportunity to pray for a better life especially in that condition which is not unknown to the Allah set. That's our position as Muslims. I am sorry if it conflicts with other believes. This is ours.

1 Like

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:39am On Mar 22, 2015
ifeness:

Three is God, He is the ANCIENT OF DAYS, His name is YAHWEH, He is from everlasting, the First of all things, creator and Lord of Heavens and earth, the LORD GOD. I know Him through Faith, which is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen.

1 Like

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by jaybee3(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2015
pinkycute:
Nothing much cheesy am just out of cash wink that's it.....

As in you aren't desperate for the cash since you don't necessarily have something in mind to use it for?
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by lolaxavier(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2015
ifeness:

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by pinkycute(f): 10:59am On Mar 22, 2015
Not really.... But what to do lipsrsealed I just wanna keep low and watch my creator miraculous work on me cheesy Not as if, I don't have a lot in mind, but am just waiting for the alert to com before making plans wink

jaybee3:

As in you aren't desperate for the cash since you don't necessarily have something in mind to use it for?

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Three is God, He is the ANCIENT OF DAYS, His name is YAHWEH, He is from everlasting, the First of all things, creator and Lord of Heavens and earth, the LORD GOD. I know Him through Faith, which is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen.

You know him through faith lol You wouldn't know all these without reading the Jewish book.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2015
Fasting bcus u are broke as two sides
Firstly you are broke and plan to first the following day and you actually did so....its more rewarding
But secondly assuming you are running the day with an empty stomach And later in the day you decide to converse it to fasting......that's something I don't know about
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by NobleG1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
There Is No God.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Mekzmoney(m): 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
Your reason(s) ma'am..
adorablepepple:
Yes n No with reason
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Fasting means "DENYING" yourself of something for the purpose of seeking the face of God. Now tell me what you'are denying yourself if you actually have no food at home?
The question is, will you fast if you had food at home?
if however, for instance, you fast every Tuesday &Wednesday but come this week you have no food to even break but u still fast, That's acceptable.
I think God will just be indifference when you fast because no food, until you fast when you have abundance.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Ayyy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
emusmith:

Those days, when one doesn't have cash or food items in school, we simply say "I convert it to fasting" grin grin grin

I know Our God is a Merciful God and also a Consuming fire cool

This "conversion", has it played out nice for anyone?

Is it acceptable before God?
I hope yua. Not saying that so that sum mugus in NL will luk un2 ur profl. & wanna get sum cash in exchang 4ur No. tongue
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by patfem(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
No
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
It. Is necessary
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by malonephill(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
I wouldn't say it acceptable or not because I can't decide for God, but think it a good wisdom to apply, conversion of cashless to fasting, not just fasting but with prayer I sincerely believe would accept it

Have done it before and it work for me most time, positively.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Saves. / Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / Islamic Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.