Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,892 members, 7,933,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:34 AM

Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP (31537 Views)

Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Aisha Buhari: A New Type Of First Lady In Nigeria?-AFP / BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Viktoh(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
E
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by datguru: 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Me with my pvc
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by chingydaboss(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Only God has d final say..
Any of them can sleep nd nt wake up within d Nxt five days..

God is da only way
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Riodiao(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Letter to Buhari from the grave of the innocents –
By Bashir Yusufu
Dear General Buhari; I would’ve addressed this letter privately to you, but in the expectation that you may not receive it, I decided to make it an Open Letter, in the hope that you would stumble on it, read it and hopefully feel some of the pains and anguish that have been my lot. Having said that, permit me therefore to proceed with the rest of this missive from the grave of innocents departed.
Last night, while I was at my modest home in Katsina, relaxing and probably half-awake, I heard the voice of my cousin who was killed in the North in April 2011 during the post-election violence instigated by your loss of the presidential election. With bloodshot sad eyes, my cousin, looking apparition-like, was wailing “Gen Buhari, why why”. My cousin’s name is (or was) Mallam Yusuf Danfulani, a bright young lad originally from Katsina State, who was slaughtered in cold blood and set on fire by youths chanting “Sai Buhari”, like they are again now chanting in 2015.
Gen Buhari, in case you have forgotten, Yusuf was slaughtered in your name even though he never did any wrong to you, and even voted for you against Dr Jonathan. He lost his life just because the murderers you encouraged by your many hate speeches believed Yusuf to be from middle belt or southern Nigeria, most probably because of his bulky looks and brave, patriotic attempts to prevent the killing of an innocent Youth Corper, Ukeoma Ikechukwu. Even though he cried out in Hausa and Fulfulde, he was still not believed by those you (Buhari) managed to brainwash to see all non-Fulani Nigerians as conspiring to vote against you. In this very case, Yusuf voted for you but his ‘Sai Buhari’ killers never believed he did. Like you, Gen Buhari, the mob was baying for the blood of innocents.
If not for Yusuf’s best friend who was with him and was himself nearly killed, we would not have recognized his charred body that was burnt beyond recognition. And thanks to the same friend for recounting to us the little he could make out at the last moments of Yusuf’s life, the agony he passed through and the most important words he uttered before he gave up. It is the same words I heard him utter last night from the grave: ‘Gen Buhari, why why’. Yet, to this day, you (Buhari) have not cared to apologize or show any remorse, but you instead offered lame excuses for the bloodletting you had instigated, and still instigate. I now ask you this: Gen Buhari, must you always shade blood, like you started doing from 1983, to rule Nigeria? Do you recall how you killed Brigadier Bako in 1983 just so you could take power by force from Shehu Shagari?
General Buhari, Ukeoma Ikechukwu himself was reported missing that same day Yusuf was murdered by your supporters, and finally confirmed dead the following day when his charred remains was discovered in a hooded area. Apparently, your supporters had dragged him out of the open and tortured him before finally snuffing life out of him. Like my cousin, Yusuf, Ukeoma was very young and an innocent. Unlike Dr. Jonathan, they were not contesting against you. Yet, when they were killed, part of Nigeria was killed with them; the same Nigeria that you are now angrily campaigning to rule.
Yusuf and Ukeoma were not alone. Six other innocent Youth Corpers were also murdered in Bauchi, where you Buhari, polled 1,315,209 votes (almost 82 per cent), defeating Dr Jonathan who scored 258,404 votes and did not even hit the 25 per cent mark. The corps members were reportedly chased to a police station where they sought refuge. But the rioters, who were raving mad with bloodlust and chanting “Sai Buhari”, overran the station and murdered the young Nigerians in cold blood. So, Gen Buhari, as you can see from the Bauchi result and it’s aftermath, your supporters even shade blood when you win; still you have no qualms. Today, you are prancing around the nation, arrogant and angry as usual, behaving like you have already won the election; and thus setting up another bloodletting if you are not announced winner.
The story of Obinna Okpokiri is as heart-wrenching as Yusuf’s. The 27-year-old was butchered and burnt to ashes, in the service of his fatherland. Okpokiri’s own circumstances were as gruesome as they could be. He had run to the Corpers’ Lodge as the rampaging ‘Sai Buhari’ rioters targeted Youth Corper polling officers recruited by INEC for the election. As painful death loomed, the young Nigerians contemplated fleeing to the barracks. But they were not lucky enough. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters caught up with them, slaughtered and set them on fire. Like Yusuf, these innocents are human beings and future leaders on the last laps of fulfilling their national duty before moving on to a bright future. But it was not to be because, in your name, Gen Buhari, they were slaughtered, sliced, soaked in petrol and scorched. Reduced to ashes in minutes and in the most callous fashion by those that are not better citizens or humans than them.
General Buhari, while you are now busy inciting another violence, please bear in mind that in 2011, your supporters turned violent in whole 12 northern states as they burned the homes, vehicles, and properties of innocent Nigerians, some of whom are also Muslims and Northerners like you and my cousin Yusuf. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters also targeted and killed Christians and members of southern Nigerian ethnic groups, who were seen as supporting the PDP, and they burnt churches across the north. One particular attack in Bauchi stood out as most heart-breaking. According to Human Rights Watch, on April 17 in Giade, a rural town in northern Bauchi, ‘Sai Buhari’ mobs attacked youth corps members in the town. The Corpers, who were mostly from Yoruba, ran to the local police station to seek refuge, but the mobs stormed the police station. The mob killed the police officer on duty and burned down the police station. They raped two of the female youth corps members and then hacked them to death with machetes, along with five male youth corps members. In total, rioters killed ten youth corps members in that town alone.
A lecturer at the Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna State, described to Human Rights Watch how a mob of Muslims chanting “Change, Sai Buhari” attacked and killed several Christian students, a Christian lecturer and four Muslim students suspected of being PDP sympathizers on April 17: He said “Between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., they entered the school chanting slogans and shouting: “Where are the Christians and Muslims that supported the ruling party?” They had painted their faces black and were shouting that they needed “change”, the Congress for Progressive Change campaign slogan. The mob had all sorts of weapons – machetes, sticks, and clubs. They started breaking the glass on the buildings. The students ran away but the mob pursued them into the staff quarters and they had nowhere to go. The mob beat them to death. The lecturer they killed was Yoruba“.
Finally, Gen Buhari, let me end this letter by asking you this question: When are you going to apologize to me, to Yusuf’s aged parents, to Ukeoma’s parents, to parents of all innocents murdered by your brainwashed supporters, to Nigeria and to mankind? And here is Yusuf again, asking you from the grave: “Gen Buhari, why why”.
Bashir Yusufu.
yusufubashir@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by kindnyce(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Shekau is BRAINLESS..

NO NEED TO ADD HIM ON D LIST

HE CANT AND WILL NOT MATTER IN OUR ELECTORAL PROCESS

MEANWHILE ....

SAI GMB/PYO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Angoni(m): 4:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
Imam Buhari is not even intertaining thoughts of losing? What the f*ck does he and his muslim fundumentalists think think he is? He will be president of his boko haram created Caliphate but not Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by seedorfg(m): 4:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
ok
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Riodiao(m): 4:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
GEJ'S TRANSFORMATION

ANAMBRA state:
Building of Aircraft Maintenance School at Akili – Ozuzo, Ogbaru Local Government Area.

Construction of Federal Government Secretariat in Awka

Exploring Public Private Partnership to Reconstruct Second Niger Bridge (Anambra – Delta States)

FGN Funded Ecological Projects in Anambra State : Nanka/Oko Landslide Project, the Nkisi Water Works

Erosion Control/Dredging Projects in Onitsha, the Okpolo/Ire Ojoto Erosion Control Project, Alor Town

Flood Control and Road Improvement Projects in Idemili Local Government Area

Rehabilitation of Onitsha – Owerri Road to Okija – Ihembosi – Afor – Ukpor – Ebenator – Ezenifite

Onitsha River Port – Fixed and ready

National Transmission Grid installed between Benin and Onitsha to prevent usual Nationwide Grid collapse

Sure – P Projects on Primary Health Care & Transformation

e – Wallet System in the distribution of agricultural inputs to the farmers and Dry Season Farming

Ongoing Nnewi 2 x 60MVA, 132/33KV Substation 2 x 60MVA, 132/33KV Substation at Oba and 2 x 132KV

Line Bays Extension at Nnewi, 2 x 60MVA, 132/33KV

Substation at Mpu with 2 x 60KV Line Bays Extension at Nnenwe

Onitsha – Oba – Nnewi – Ideato – Okigwe 132KV

Double – Circuit Line, Ugwuaji Nnenwe 132KV Double – Circuit Line 2 x 60MVA,132/33KV Substation at Nnenwe

Nnenwe – Mpu 132KV Double – Circuit Transmission Line, Onitsha – Ifitedunu and 2 x 132KV Double – Circuit Transmission Line, 2 x 60MVA, 132/33KV Substation at Ifitedunu and 2 x 132KV Line Bays Extension at Onitsha.

Modernisation of Nnamdi Azikwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi

EBONYI state:
Establishment of a Federal University in Ndufe – Alike in Ebonyi State
Rehabilitation of 43 KM Obiozara – Uburu – Ishiagu Road 37Km Oji – Achi Obeagu – Maku – Awgu – Ndeabor – Mpu – Okpanku – Akaeze Road rehabilitation.
Construction of a Storey Hostel, Class room building and Procurement at the Federal Government Girls College Ezembo, Ebonyi State
Sure – P Projects on Primary Health Centres and others
Rehabilitation of Abakaliki – Mbok Road
Establishment of a New Teaching Hospital
e – wallet system for the Distribution of Agricultural Inputs to the farmers and Dry Season Farming Project
Ongoing 2x 60MVA, 132/33KV Substation at Amasiri and 2 x 13KV Substation at Abakaliki and Abakaliki – Amasiri 132KV Double – Circuit Line
Rehabilitation of Agricultural – Skills Training Centre.
Establishment of National Obstetric Fistula Centre Abakiliki

GEJ,S TRANSFORMATION

IMO state:
NDDC Projects: St Marks Estate and Federal Housing Estate Internal Road, New Owerri Ejizie – Izuogu Road in Akeme community of Arondizogu, and the Solar Powered Water Project at Mbaoma in Owerri North & Owerri Urban Water Scheme Project, Rehabilitation of Opkpuala – Iguruta Road(Imo and Rivers States), Reconstruction of Elele – Owerri Road

Sea – Port and Naval Base Project in Osse – Motor

Community (World Bank /FGN/Imo state) sponsored project
Construction of Administrative Complex and Entrepreneurial Studies Complex in Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

Construction of the new Federal High Court Owerri division complex

Establishment and Construction of a Court of Appeal Division in Owerri

14Km Mbaise – Ngwa Road with a bridge at Imo/ Abia State (Cost ₦2.94Billoin)

SURE – P Project on Primary Health Centres and other projects

Rehabilitation of Owerri – Port Harcourt Road

Ecological Control Projects at Nekede, Saint Kzito Secondary School in Muchina and the Umuoza – Ugri Erosion Control

Rehabilitation of the Sam Mbakwe International Airport Owerri

Egbema Power Plant (338MW)

e-wallet System in distribution of the agricultural inputs to the Farmers and Dry Season Farming Project

Ongoing Mbalano 2 x 30/40MVA, 132/33KV Substation and Okigwe 2 x 30/40MVA , 132/133KV Substation

Dualisation of Ada Owerri – Ikot – Ekpene Border Section Phase one in Imo, Abia and Akwa –Ibom States

Construction of Oguta River Port in Imo State

2 Likes

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Hamazz1: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
gej does nt deserve a 2nd term in office in a sane country were religion region n ethnicity r secondry d opposition doesnt evn need to campaign to clinch ds 1..i stnd against corruptn wastage of resources phantom economic statistics n insecurity i stnd 4GMB...#I HV DECIDED.#

4 Likes

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Kolade354(m): 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Solomon009:
Corpers nko? lol. . BTW. I'm FTC. Thanks to Airtel, their 3g network rocks here, Thanks to my tab, even after 3days of no electricity , it's still keeping me online. Thanks,Seun for this wonderful forum. . Lastly, Thanks to u, Yes,,,u! for reading this. grin
3 days no light........We nedd change truly.

3 Likes

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Pipsland78:

You and your friends are black o.
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Anayoking1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Another figure is making money online and receiving it from paypal
Learn how to open a paypal that you can receive money and transfer funds from the account to your bank account
www.withdrawmoneyfrompaypalinnigeria..com

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by laplace12(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Remove Buhari and put Tinubu on that list.
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by imsalus: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
THE JAGABAN OF AFRICA,THE CURRENT GREATEST POLITICAN IN NIGERIA, SENETOR AHMED BOLA TINUBU... .

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by GBAGAAUN(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
After Buhari e have lost a second time they shud lock him up to avoiding future bomb blast ni
Oloshi

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by abacusCm(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
what of nairalanders?
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by nationwide1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2015
Amaechi is a wise man and will soon join him. Amaechi said fear those who carry brooms and their houses are dirty.
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Kingspin(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
We can not elect a mediocrity in office as a result of sentiment. Gej remain the best and most qualified than Buhari. He has set up a new Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by AJOT99(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hmm......
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by chiefolododo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Winners
frankmishael1:
anybody against the re-election of president Good luck Jonathan, we would open the gate of hell for them

in Jesus Christ our God we stand.
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Opinedecandid(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hmmmm.
We shall see.
Few day remaining.

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by efilefun(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
frankmishael1:
anybody against the re-election of president Good luck Jonathan, we would open the gate of hell for them

in Jesus Christ our God we stand.

Shows how deluded and religious bigot you are, even Jesus christ wont approve that your ill corrupt statement, idk if your own Jesus christ is the Otueke drunkar.d but the Jesus christ i believe in and i know will never open the gate of hell on someone cuz he made his choice... you need to grow up and stop behaving like kids.

God bless the people's general and in sha Allah he would be sworn in come may 29 2015 and he would lead nigeria to greater heights in jesus name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by timunstopable: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
Yahoo no dey do investigative journalism ?

How come they dont know mbu is no longer in abuja bt overseeing lagos and ogun zone
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
Keep calm and transform Nigeria together. We need TRANSFORMATION not change.

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by obosirow: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Can you imagine INEC officials telling my PVC isn't ready (printed) yet since May 2014. So many people being disenfranchised in broad daylight. INEC no try!
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by ogene007: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
"Predominantly Muslim north", where is the census figure that states that. Other than decades long propaganda from the hausa/fulani moslem political establishment, there is no data to contest the fact that northern christians are the majority in the north. All these foreign media cooking up passionate stories to suggest that Buhari stands a chance in the elections are part of the problem. The reality on the ground is that GEJ will overwhelmingly win the elections as long as they are free, fair, credible and violence/intimidation free.

1 Like

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by Capitano1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by mightycrown1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
[size=18pt] OH LORD ALMIGHTY HELP US TO BE VICTORIOUS FOR IN YOU ALONE WE TRUST
BUHARI IS THE BEST PERSON FOR NOW TO DELIVER THE MASSES FROM POVERTY
AS HE IS BENT TO DELIVER THE COUNTRY FROM CORRUPTION [/size]

[size=28pt] VOTE AND PROTECT YOUR VOTE
NIGERIA SAI BUHARI [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by adekunle192: 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
Those are the real determinant of the elections, true talk.
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by VcStunner(m): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
olapluto:
They ommitted OBJ. The man who has had a hand in every election since 1999. I dey look ooo
sorry to say ur mentor has been rendered politiically useless by GEJ. His fate will be sealed after GEJ wins the election without him den Kashamu will go all out to deal with him once and for all cry
Re: Five Key Figures To Watch In Nigeria's Election- AFP by skyblaise(m): 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Many ppl alwayz talk about dis "CHANGE" but one thing we have to ask ourselfs is wot ar we changing to, is it from "bad to good" or "bad to worst"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Police Commissioner, Imohimi Edgal, Redeployed / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.