Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,066 members, 7,946,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Does Love Mean To You? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Does Love Mean To You? (567 Views)

What Does Skin Toning Mean? / What Does This Mean? Please Interpret! / What Does This Really Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does Love Mean To You? by bvibesblogger: 10:16am On Mar 24, 2015
‘All definitions of love are inadequate approximations’, a friend once said. Maybe he was right, maybe he wasn’t. For me love has always been an endless peregrination; a never ending exploration.

Sometimes it’s the ache that blossoms between my sternum and stomach when a child finally smiles at me from her mother’s back on my way home in a shuttle.

Other times its’s the calmness that descends on me, when sweating, tired and hungry, I finally take the first gulp from a bottle of chilled Coke.

Some days it’s when I am seated right in the middle of my mother’s laps and she, carefully looking through squinted eyes from a thick glass lens, takes out my braids.

Other days it’s the memes on twitter, the vines that gets tears rolling down my face, the snapchats and the Instagram videos, reminding me that life at its best is filled with laughter.

Sometimes it’s hearing the words needed to restore my empty self from the words of a stranger or a friend. It rejuvenates my being and reminds me that I’m on the right track.

Other times its dancing, shaking my stiff bones, singing on top of my voice while my audience; the throw pillows on the sofa, nod their head in appreciation.

Some days it’s walking away from pain because what good would a thorn do to a flower. I am a flower, I can’t flourish when stifled, I need to breathe, I need to be watered with love. Only then can the beauty of being come to live.

Other times its when after weeks of craving for it, months of searching for it and at the edge of resignation, an Ewa Agoyin seller passes by you and you joyfully stop her, mouth watering in anticipation.

Sometimes it’s about finding myself, it’s about freeing my mind, turning my experiences into a passion, with a loving and persistent dedication and eventually making myself better.

Other times it’s Sia’s crooning voice blaring out of my headphones. I’m singing along, Flame it came for me, fire meets gasoline, fire meets gasoline, I’m burning alive, and I know it’s not my body that’s burning but rather my mind, alive in the fire that music brings with it.

Some days it’s finding the perfect gift for my friend and the extent of happiness I feel thinking that I might make some small part of her day.

Other times it’s sliding into bed, clothes and makeup still on and falling instantly into a dreamless sleep.

Somedays It’s meeting someone who shares the same name as my best friend/brother/mother and find myself suddenly filled with the sweetness of recognition and the longing of loved ones.

Other times its reading a novel for the first time or a favorite for the umpteenth time and knowing in my heart that I’ll never run out of ways to be jolted back into being.

Sometimes its the orgasmic feeling that comes with a passionate kiss, the rush of blood in my veins, the thought that I could be kissed like that forever by a gorgeous brown eyed fellow.

Other times it’s 3am, you can’t sleep and miraculously electricity is restored. Finally I’m able to drown myself in silence interrupted only by the loudness of my thoughts after the entire neighborhood turn off their generators.

Sometimes it’s the night spent with the lover, and while watching movies and eating junk, he tells me that these nights with me are his favorite nights on earth.

Other days, its the WhatsApp group my bunch of cheeky similar friends have created, and I’m laughing in the office while engaging in sometimes meaningless, sometimes profound virtual conversations.

Somedays it’s suddenly stopping the driver of my cab because just across the road, I’ve found the perfect blouse to match a certain lonely cream colored pants.

Other times its remembering the words on the tomb of Elvis Presleys’ mother – “She was love in motion”, it reads..
And hoping that one day, my life could be described by others as love in motion.

Today, Love is knowing that though I might not have the literary prowess of Faulkner, I can still pen down my words and have you read them.

I love you. Yes you.

http://www.stylevitae.com/what-does-love-mean-to-you/

Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Hawlahscho(m): 10:44am On Mar 24, 2015
Love is the FEELING you FEEL when you FEEL the FEELING you're FEELING is the FEELING you've never FELT before.

full stop

(1) (Reply)

Identifying A Callous Leader/voting Wisely (poem) / Trapped- The Underworld (book Three) Is Now Available. / Trapped- The Underworld (book Three) Is Now Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.