Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose (604 Views)

Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws / Atiku: Obasanjo Wanted Life Presidency Not Third Term... / Soldier: Forgiving Boko Haram Is Left To God But Sending Them To God Is Our Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose by Xeedorf: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
When a man becomes to desperate and talkative, he may unconsciously demean God. This could be the position of Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose in an recent interview with the The Sun Newspaper, when he emphatically stated that President Jonathan’s emergence as president after the demise of Late Uma­ru Musa Yar’Adua was not an act of God but that of former President Olusegun Obasanjo. Fayose must have forgotten, that God Almighty, no matter human position will definitely have his way in all things.

Read below Fayose’s comment as excerpted from The Sun

So, why have you been hit­ting him (Buhari); even, as they say, wishing him ill? What is the problem?

There is no problem, sir. I’m saying the truth and it is not personal, and heaven knows it is not personal. Let me tell you, Jonathan’s ascension, to a lot of people, is an act of God, but to me, I will not only say it is an act of God, the president then, Obasanjo, knew (Alhaji Uma­ru Musa) Yar’Adua. I was the chairman, Presidential Selection Committee then, I was an insid­er. I was sent with Bukola Saraki, Goje, Ibori and about five or six other state governors. That time, Bukola Saraki, Goje and Ibori were supporting former governor of Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi – it was Obasanjo who later called me aside and told me that Makarfi would be uncontrollable for him. That Makarfi, from the way he talked at Council of State meet­ings, showed that he is a man of himself. Obasanjo then sent me to go and meet Yar’Adua, to tell me to give him a letter that he wanted to contest the Presidency.

I went to Yar’Adua’s house and I met his police orderly, I also met Tanimu Yakubu, and later I met Yar’Adua. All these things I’m saying today, heaven is my wit­ness if I’m lying. Yar’Adua now told me that he didn’t want to get himself involved in Nigerian poli­tics after completing his tenure as the Katsina State governor. Be­fore I forget, when I was leaving Abuja for Katsina, Obasanjo told me that I should not let Yar’Adua know that he was the one that sent me to him.

Yar’Adua confided in me that he didn’t want to get involved in Nigerian politics again because of the state of his health. He con­fided in me, and he also told me that most of the work he was do­ing were being done by his secre­tary to the state government and Tanimu Yakubu was his deputy that time and he told me that the only way he could listen to what Obasanjo was saying or reason with him, was if nobody else was contesting for the office with him, so that he could hold his peace.

By then Yar’Adua was not coming to council meetings. He was not coming to public func­tions all the time. At a point, I went to report back to Baba. Baba told me to go and tell Aminu Ma­sari to write the letter of intent for Yar’Adua because Masari was the Speaker of the House of Repre­sentatives, and also from Katsina State and Masari wanted to be­come the governor of the state. It was Baba that dictated to Masari that he should be governor. It was the emergence of Yar’Adua that didn’t allow Masari to become governor.

As a presidential candidate, Yar’Adua was entitled to decide who he wanted to succeed him in Katsina, and he chose Shema, the current governor, to succeed him and not Masari, and that was how Masari left PDP. That was the thing that injured Masari’s mind. What I’m just trying to tell you is that, this Buhari’s issue is not personal.

Today, Nigerians are seeing what is happening as a result of imposition of Yar’Adua. You know there was a time that peo­ple were carrying rumour that Yar’Adua was ill. They were denying it the way they are now denying that of Buhari. But as somebody who is exposed to so many things then and now, I’m in a position to advise Nigerians, and you see that Yar’Adua saga interrupted what could have been straight eight years for the North to be in leadership. It was a major interruption because, ordinarily, North could have great eight un­interrupted years in leadership, and the thing would have reverted to South.
Re: Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose by MRLINGTON(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dis Fayose go sabi gossip ehn

He just knows how to confuse ppl
Re: Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose by Acekidc4(m): 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
What is dis Drunk Mofo saying Again!!
Re: Jonathan’s Presidency Not An Act Of God But… – Fayose by guthy: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
That's interesting, just vote on our site! Voting ends shortly, just before the polls open.

Interesting time in Naija. Hmmmmmnn...na wah o! This election is really shaping up to be an interesting contest but really, what else should we expect? NL.. is blocking so much info these days from people! Check my signature for the truth, take action!.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Endorse Jonathan / Touching Article- Pls Read And Vote Wisely / In A Country Named Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.