Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,259 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:01 AM

Opinion Polls And The Scam That Follows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion Polls And The Scam That Follows (459 Views)

Victor Okon Quits Akwa-Ibom Rerun Polls And Dumps Party / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Polls And The Scam That Follows by Zumah(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
When an individual or a small group of people sit, they set up a survey to predict the outcome of the forth coming Presidential election, their voters are not diversified and the population of the surveyor are limited and they want to use it to predict the result. When you see theses set of people and see how myopic their idea and poll is, one wonders what sets the parameters for forming opinion polls.
In most cases, their source of poll is either a particular blog, locality or group of people not minding that different blogs, cities, locations and people have different opinion and in most cases it will be very difficult to conduct opinion polls online in Nigeria where majority of the voters do not have access to internet.
Why I decided to write this is because I saw a thread with a bold caption " Buhari leads Jonathan with 868.6%" and when I checked it was just mere 35 people's opinion that is being regarded as a competent poll.
Just saying, its high time we stopped fooling ourselves and wait for the election day to come.

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Nigeria (country) Did You Want? / Nigeria, Ours To Build Not To Destroy / 56m Nigerians To Choose Between Jonathan, Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.