Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,765 members, 7,952,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? (1144 Views)

Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport / How Can I Enter Greece From Turkey With Nigerian Passport? / I Need Suggestions On Travelling With An Expired Passport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? by Lounge1985: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2009
Plz Y'all

I live in the U.S and my Nigerian passport expired last year. The passport is over 10 years old and it has been renewed once.

I need to go home by end of May. I know the e-passport is the new thing. But I'm too tied up to travel to any of the three embassies to get a new passport.

I found out late that the embassy traveled to my city (Chicago) on a tour to issue the e-passports in December. I can't enter Nigeria with an expired passport right?

Since I hold an American passport, I am contemplating applying for a visa. Has anyone ever had to do this?

Plz help with any info you have.

Thanks
Re: Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? by deor03(m): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2009
Re: Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? by Lounge1985: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2009
Thanks. Can I still apply for a standard passport or is the e-passport all we have now?

Will I need to appear at the embassy for a new standard passport for any reason?
Re: Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? by Davedavy: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2009
You can only apply for the e-passport now,and you have to be physically present at the embassy because your finger prints and picture will be taken,check the Nigerian immigration websites,the application form is available online;https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/index.htm
Wish you all the best.
Re: Plz Help! Can I Enter Naija With An Expired Naija Passport, Getting A Visa? by elctroguru(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
You don't need a visa since you are a Former national of Nigeria but you must hold your valid foreign passport together with expired Nigerian passports.
You can contact the immigration for more information

(1) (Reply)

Wayas (2nd Republic Senate President), Charly Boy Banned By Arik / The Oldest Leather Shoe Ever Found, Can You Believe It 5,500 years / South Africa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.