Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:40 AM

Buhari To Debate Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Debate Jonathan (16886 Views)

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari / Presidential Debate (Jonathan Vs Buhari) To Hold On February 8 - NEDG / Presidential Debate - Jonathan Vs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by HopeAlive14(m): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Please President GEJ, when the debate starts, just ensure that they switch on this fan.

Fresh Air all the way!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Capitano1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
No need joor it's almost exam oooo
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY: hahahahaha. If you
remember what i just remembered now you will laugh
like me. When i was a little boy i use to curse the
government anytime i notice my parents had no money
to pay my school fees on time. I use to say "why should
money be scarce? Is it not just printed paper? Why can't
government print plentyyyyy money"? Hahahahaha.
Funny right? Guess what. I remembered this thinking of
mine when i came across a statement by one of the
presidential candidates saying "i will make the naira to
be equal to the dollar" and it occured to me that some
adults still think the way i did when i was a little boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by BabaO2: 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
He would have, If not for Jonathan's dirtiness, no cleillness on will want to sit so close not to talk of debating issues with such
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by kay1one2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2015

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

While he's at it'' asked'' Buhari to'' speaked' in English. His diction and accent is embarrassing!
Nawa o... U̶̲̥̅̊ go skul @ αℓℓ?
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
I keep wondering why Buhari is shying away from having a debate with Jonathan. isn't this meant to be an avenue where Nigerians can compare the two of them
I read somewhere that the guy hasn't even spoken for a cumulative of 2hours in all his campaigns.
anyways, may the best man win in the forth-coming election
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
In 10 years time when your children ask you how Nigeria turned into Somalia, will you tell them the role you played in stopping Gen. Buhari from salvaging the nation?

Ironically you are even in darkness as you campaign for the ruling party that put you in darkness.
Mogidi:
Has he gone back to chatham house to debate people without PVC?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2237298_empty2_jpeg0c42247de7b10bf6a105f6a0d6c29184

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by ajetunblog(m): 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
2015 Admission Open in China.. Enjoy Low tuition fees

Available Programs Includes: Medicine, Marketing, Civil Engineering, Accounting, New Energy Science & Engineering ( Solar Energy ) and more.

Tuition Fees / Accommodation: $3900

Apply Now!!!

Requirement:
1. Scanned Copy of Data Page of International Passport
2. Scanned Copy of High School Result

For more information on applications and admission, Contact via
Email: studyinchina2020@gmail.com
Tel/Whasapp: +86-13576011049

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Mogidi: 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
GenBuhari:
In 10 years time when your children ask you how Nigeria turned into Somalia, will you tell them the role you played in stopping Gen. Buhari from salvaging the nation?

Ironically you are even in darkness as you campaign for the ruling party that put you in darkness.

I would be happy to tell my children their dad fought gallantly to end the born to rule mantra of the north.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by BobUg28(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
Its pertinent that PDP wants to taint Buhari...I wonder what could possibly come outta a fanatic extremist like him.

Voting for Buhari is voting for Violent and Terrorism...NIGERIANS BEWARE OH.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by idhalama(m): 12:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Buhari go Bleep up,Jonathan and the rest opponent go use English finish buhari.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Cutest9gerian(m): 12:05am On Mar 26, 2015
Buhari's party is All progressive confident
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 26, 2015
So you are effectively saying you are going to lie to your children about your role in the somaliarisation of Nigeria.
Mogidi:

I would be happy to tell my children their dad fought gallantly to end the born to rule mantra of the north.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by jessymore70: 12:17am On Mar 26, 2015
Davidson Iriekpen

With three days to the presidential election, a fresh survey by an independent company has revealed that President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) now enjoys a 17 per cent lead over the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), with a margin of at least 17 per cent as they head to the presidential election scheduled to hold on Saturday, March 28.

Coming against a subsisting projection that Buhari’s APC would completely capture the votes of the South-west geo-political zone, a situation that could place the APC in good stead, the new survey shows that the reality on ground revealed that Jonathan might have unlocked the pathway to even out votes in that region.

A few of the survey highlights by Chike Uchime of Forward Magazine, a research and publishing company since 1995 and Daniel Dickson-Okezie of Zevland Ventures Limited, also a leading research and security consultancy firm, indicate that President Jonathan is primed to win the elections in view of the new realities.

Using 24,000 sample sizes across 33 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to decide through an opinion survey, who will win the presidential election, the outcome of the research exercise was based on three critical factors.

The first is the respondents’ views on the achievements or performance of the president from 2011 to date and to see how this can affect his chances in the coming election. The second factor dwelt on the correlation between the outcome of the 2011 presidential election and the likely outcome of the 2015 presidential election, while the third factor was a detailed study of the various dynamics that have taken place since 2011 and the likely impact on the outcome of the 2015 presidential election.

According to the survey, “When asked which of the TWO main political parties they preferred, 65 per cent of the respondents opted for PDP, while 31 per cent favoured the APC, one per cent went for other parties, while the remaining two per cent went for none of the parties.”

When the respondents were asked how they would rate Jonathan’s performance in ten critical areas namely: security, agriculture, power, dducation, transportation, aviation, press freedom, fight against corruption, human rights and job creation, somen empowerment, they allegedly claimed to be impressed on the average.

“When the respondents were asked if they would vote for Jonathan based on their responses to the previous questions, 62.2 per cent answered in the affirmative, and 29.7 percent in the negative, while 4.1 percent were undecided.

“On the question whether Buhari is considered more capable in addressing the critical issues in the areas listed, 30.7 per cent answered in the affirmative, while 65 per cent answered in the negative. Another 4.3 per cent of the respondents were undecided. From the foregoing, it was becoming visible the likely direction of their votes.”

The survey report highlighted the dynamics that have taken place since the 2011 election and the likely impact on the outcome of this year’s presidential election.

According to the report, “Issues addressed here include: (i)The effect of intra-party conflicts; (ii) The effect of mass decampment/cross-carpeting; (iii) The effect of endorsements by ethno-religious groups, socio-cultural groups, paramount rulers and others; and (iv)  inter-religious/ethnic conflicts since 2011

“Each of these issues will either have a positive or negative impact on the candidates. For example, the mass defection of some PDP governors and party stalwarts to the APC may affect the PDP negatively in some states. However, this likely set-back may be cancelled out by some high-profile defection to PDP such as that of Governor Mimiko of Ondo State and those of former Governors Peter Obi, Attahiru Bafarawa, Ibrahim Shekarau among others.

“Also, the effect of the conflict between the Fulani cattle rearers and indigenous farmers mainly in the North Central states and Taraba State in North-east may likely COST Buhari, who is a Fulani, some important votes in the areas concerned. Equally, the increase in bloody clashes between the Hausa Fulani and the people of Southern Kaduna might likely tilt a win in favour of Jonathan.

“The volume of endorsements by traditional rulers and ethnic nationality groups among others in the South-east, South-south and South-west has enhanced President Jonathan’s chances.
“Another critical factor examined which may work in favour of the president is the recent and aggressive deployment of the social media network which now ensures a wider reach and delivery of its programmes to the people. Hitherto, the APC was in control and more effective in the use of the social media.

“In conclusion, based on our findings as enumerated above, President  Jonathan, the presidential candidate of the PDP stands an excellent chance of winning the 2015 presidential election by at least a 17 per cent margin over his closest rival,” the report stated.
The report, in its footnote, stated: “It should be noted that the report did away with the dubious format of allocating states to the president based on some illusory expectations. The report is the outcome of extensive field research with real people.”
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 26, 2015
wakacome:
King "bu"of the "hari"kingdom will win king "jon"of the "athan"kingdom at the battle............king "jon"will cry so much

Domb ass...ops one more thing, u crack head. GEJ till ur grand pa stop wearing diaper, u know what I mean....if u quote me HOLY GHOST FIRE...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Koroaso: 12:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2237298_empty2_jpeg0c42247de7b10bf6a105f6a0d6c29184

How do you like that. ...when jonathan was invited in 2011....he didnt show up.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Mogidi: 12:43am On Mar 26, 2015
GenBuhari:
So you are effectively saying you are going to lie to your children about your role in the somaliarisation of Nigeria.

If "somaliarisation" is not joining the West and Northern cabals from destroying this nation am willing to live with it.

If Buhari who has consistently polled less than 3% in the west suddenly becomes a hero to moronic supporters of Tinubu, its their burden to carry.
The rest of us are not fooled.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 26, 2015
I suppose if you can decive yourself like this why should I be surprised that you intend to deceive your children. undecided

Do you even think about what the future holds for you as a young person under this current government?

You need to reflect on the reason that the only employment you have been able to secure is as a praise singer for a corrupt and reckless govt whose policies is responsible for rendering you jobless.

Please take a moment to reflect on this.
Mogidi:

If "somaliarisation" is not joining the West and Northern cabals from destroying this nation am willing to live with it.

If Buhari who has consistently polled less than 3% in the west suddenly becomes a hero to moronic supporters of Tinubu, its their burden to carry.
The rest of us are not fooled.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Mogidi: 1:07am On Mar 26, 2015
GenBuhari:
I suppose if you can decive yourself like this why should I be surprised that you intend to deceive your children. undecided

Do you even think about what the future holds for you as a young person under this current government?

You need to reflect on the reason that the only employment you have been able to secure is as a praise singer for a corrupt and reckless govt whose policies is responsible for rendering you jobless.

Please take a moment to reflect on this.

Its the height of hypocrisy when you Northerners and westerners accuse us of being paid or being ethnic champions. The horde of supporters of Buhari are mainly Hausa/Yoruba, GEJ's supporters are mainly SS/SE , to bully us to accept your candidate when theirs nothing in it for our region is futile.

I'd have supported a Ribadu candidacy if APC fielded a man of such integrity, making a dinosaur your presidential candidate is rule 99 in the 101 reasons for losing an election.

The APC harps on being a party to fight corruption yet all discredited ex members of PDP find their way to APC and are accepted with open arms.
Members of APC are all disgruntled ex members of PDP in search for new opportunities to scam gullible Nigerians.
It won't fly here, we won't subscribe to a policy of cutting the nose to spite the face.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by suwailad(f): 1:09am On Mar 26, 2015
which fictitious uniabuja debate?
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 26, 2015
Just reflect on your future holds under this current government and vote wisely.
Mogidi:

Its the height of hypocrisy when you Northerners and westerners accuse us of being paid or being ethnic champions. The horde of supporters of Buhari are mainly Hausa/Yoruba, GEJ's supporters are mainly SS/SE , to bully us to accept your candidate when theirs nothing in it for our region is futile.

I'd have supported a Ribadu candidacy if APC fielded a man of such integrity, making a dinosaur your presidential candidate is rule 99 in the 101 reasons for losing an election.

The APC harps on being a party to fight corruption yet all discredited ex members of PDP find their way to APC and are accepted with open arms.
Members of APC are all disgruntled ex members of PDP in search for new opportunities to scam gullible Nigerians.
It won't fly here, we won't subscribe to a policy of cutting the nose to spite the face.
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by suwailad(f): 1:11am On Mar 26, 2015
jessymore70:
Davidson Iriekpen

With three days to the presidential election, a fresh survey by an independent company has revealed that President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) now enjoys a 17 per cent lead over the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), with a margin of at least 17 per cent as they head to the presidential election scheduled to hold on Saturday, March 28.

Coming against a subsisting projection that Buhari’s APC would completely capture the votes of the South-west geo-political zone, a situation that could place the APC in good stead, the new survey shows that the reality on ground revealed that Jonathan might have unlocked the pathway to even out votes in that region.

A few of the survey highlights by Chike Uchime of Forward Magazine, a research and publishing company since 1995 and Daniel Dickson-Okezie of Zevland Ventures Limited, also a leading research and security consultancy firm, indicate that President Jonathan is primed to win the elections in view of the new realities.

Using 24,000 sample sizes across 33 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to decide through an opinion survey, who will win the presidential election, the outcome of the research exercise was based on three critical factors.

The first is the respondents’ views on the achievements or performance of the president from 2011 to date and to see how this can affect his chances in the coming election. The second factor dwelt on the correlation between the outcome of the 2011 presidential election and the likely outcome of the 2015 presidential election, while the third factor was a detailed study of the various dynamics that have taken place since 2011 and the likely impact on the outcome of the 2015 presidential election.

According to the survey, “When asked which of the TWO main political parties they preferred, 65 per cent of the respondents opted for PDP, while 31 per cent favoured the APC, one per cent went for other parties, while the remaining two per cent went for none of the parties.”

When the respondents were asked how they would rate Jonathan’s performance in ten critical areas namely: security, agriculture, power, dducation, transportation, aviation, press freedom, fight against corruption, human rights and job creation, somen empowerment, they allegedly claimed to be impressed on the average.

“When the respondents were asked if they would vote for Jonathan based on their responses to the previous questions, 62.2 per cent answered in the affirmative, and 29.7 percent in the negative, while 4.1 percent were undecided.

“On the question whether Buhari is considered more capable in addressing the critical issues in the areas listed, 30.7 per cent answered in the affirmative, while 65 per cent answered in the negative. Another 4.3 per cent of the respondents were undecided. From the foregoing, it was becoming visible the likely direction of their votes.”

The survey report highlighted the dynamics that have taken place since the 2011 election and the likely impact on the outcome of this year’s presidential election.

According to the report, “Issues addressed here include: (i)The effect of intra-party conflicts; (ii) The effect of mass decampment/cross-carpeting; (iii) The effect of endorsements by ethno-religious groups, socio-cultural groups, paramount rulers and others; and (iv)  inter-religious/ethnic conflicts since 2011

“Each of these issues will either have a positive or negative impact on the candidates. For example, the mass defection of some PDP governors and party stalwarts to the APC may affect the PDP negatively in some states. However, this likely set-back may be cancelled out by some high-profile defection to PDP such as that of Governor Mimiko of Ondo State and those of former Governors Peter Obi, Attahiru Bafarawa, Ibrahim Shekarau among others.

“Also, the effect of the conflict between the Fulani cattle rearers and indigenous farmers mainly in the North Central states and Taraba State in North-east may likely COST Buhari, who is a Fulani, some important votes in the areas concerned. Equally, the increase in bloody clashes between the Hausa Fulani and the people of Southern Kaduna might likely tilt a win in favour of Jonathan.

“The volume of endorsements by traditional rulers and ethnic nationality groups among others in the South-east, South-south and South-west has enhanced President Jonathan’s chances.
“Another critical factor examined which may work in favour of the president is the recent and aggressive deployment of the social media network which now ensures a wider reach and delivery of its programmes to the people. Hitherto, the APC was in control and more effective in the use of the social media.

“In conclusion, based on our findings as enumerated above, President  Jonathan, the presidential candidate of the PDP stands an excellent chance of winning the 2015 presidential election by at least a 17 per cent margin over his closest rival,” the report stated.
The report, in its footnote, stated: “It should be noted that the report did away with the dubious format of allocating states to the president based on some illusory expectations. The report is the outcome of extensive field research with real people.”

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by suwailad(f): 1:13am On Mar 26, 2015
sojakanu:
keep running

JEEEEEEEEEEEz where are the mods
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by biafranqueen: 2:23am On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:

Who knows?

Maybe he don't have his wardrobe for the debate ready?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by biafranqueen: 2:30am On Mar 26, 2015
PapiWata:
To prevent Bokko Hari from attempting to duck and scurry away from this latest proposed presidential debate, a second option of a televised debate by VIDEO LINK should be proposed, whereby President Jonathan can remain in the safety of the presidential quarters in Abuja, while Buhari remains in the familiar desert surroundings of Buhari Village, Chad Republic, even as both contestants lock horns for a debate by video link, which, failing anything more substantial, can be set up for FREE using Skype.

Another advantage of holding Nigeria's presidential debate by video link would be that Boko Hari can engage off-camera interpreters to explain in the Chad language what is being said by the president in simple English, so that the geriatric, senile and illiterate terror gang leader will be in a position to make intelligent-sounding noises that will help create the comforting illusion that Buhari has a functioning brain.

Long live Seriki Boko Hari, and may her reign over Buhari Village, Chad, for LIFE.

Long live El Presidente Jonathan, and may he lead Nigeria to greater heights until 2019, when his second term of office expires.
grin @Red Epic!
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by hustla(m): 4:21am On Mar 26, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Hello simpleton. Your stupidity has caused an intellectual cataract which has made you unaware of the grammatical correctness in my earlier post.

What I think you should be more concerned about is the fact that:
1. It is 'education' not 'Education'
2. Only one exclamation nark (!) should have been used as against the three exclamation marks (!!!) you used..

School is over, boy. Now run along!

Its 'mark' not 'nark'

Ode

undecided
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by globalresource: 4:46am On Mar 26, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

While he's at it ask Buhari to speak in English. His diction and accent is embarrassing!

You have to respect his accent. He is not a young man again. Have u heard Yaradua speech before? It's common with Kastina people. Ffk good diction or GEJ nice accent won't transform our nation neither will it put an end to the monster called corruption that has suck this nation dried
Re: Buhari To Debate Jonathan by luggy(m): 5:36am On Mar 26, 2015
BUHARI, IS A DISGRACE, chennel tv called him for debate, he refuse, nta tv called him for debate , he refuse, and other parastertor called him for debate, he did also show. meanwhile the University that is calling him for debate is just wasting time because he will not show. he is scared of debate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solidarity Rally For Fayose By Ekiti Private Sector Unions / Sokoto Lawmaker Dumps APC After Losing Primary / INEC: Why We Accepted List Of APC Candidates From Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.