Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig (1601 Views)

General Buhari Relaxing With His Wife After Voting / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri / No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 25, 2015

The Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, has denied banning voters from staying back to monitor their votes, saying that his advisory was based on the provisions of the Electoral Act, which forbids loitering around the polling units to prevent commission of crimes.

Abba, who addressed Squadron Commanders of Police Mobile Force, Counter-Terrorism commanders and other senior officers at the Force headquarters, Abuja, on Tuesday, explained that the security during the election was important, hence the need to avoid anything capable of jeopardising the arrangements that had been put in place.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-ban-voters-from-staying-after-voting-ig/
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 25, 2015
Only Nairaland Mods ban people
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by blayz0923: 2:52am On Mar 25, 2015
Ok
U talk, we hear.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by omenka(m): 3:13am On Mar 25, 2015
Yeye man.

The time for you all to eat your bitter words is so close.

#3days2go.
#iHaveDecided.
#DeliverYourStreet.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 25, 2015
Three important things i thought of before deciding on
who to vote!
1) Bomb blast has reduced automatically because
the general is channelling all his income in his
campaign, and leaving boko boys with no money to
buy bombs
2) I can't vote for a person without certificate while
i know the stress am passing through now to get a
cert
3) A Muslim told me that they sinned against their
Allah and that's why a foreigner is ruling them (gej
a foreigner??).they have asked for forgiveness and
they will rule this time pointing out that they are
born to rule. i asked about Buhari and his illiteracy,
he said they dont need to go to school to rule!!
i have picked my PVC and fully ready to vote now
and have decided.
gej till 2023!!!
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:34am On Mar 25, 2015
daniel9202:
Three important things i thought of before deciding on
who to vote!
1) Bomb blast has reduced automatically because
the general is channelling all his income in his
campaign, and leaving boko boys with no money to
buy bombs
2) I can't vote for a person without certificate while
i know the stress am passing through now to get a
cert
3) A Muslim told me that they sinned against their
Allah and that's why a foreigner is ruling them (gej
a foreigner??).they have asked for forgiveness and
they will rule this time pointing out that they are
born to rule. i asked about Buhari and his illiteracy,
he said they dont need to go to school to rule!!
i have picked my PVC and fully ready to vote now
and have decided.
gej till 2023!!!

Lame, very lame and myopic reasons. And to believe this is coming from a Nigerian youth, one of the future of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 25, 2015
Thank God. At least election riggers won't have a field day doing what they know how to do best cos the people will be watching grin sai Buhari
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by ORACLE1975(m): 5:05am On Mar 25, 2015
never mind dey must finish before i go.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Adindupeter: 6:14am On Mar 25, 2015
Wise decision!!! Saturday will be rainy. If you're not under umbrella your name will be SORRY.. Its time to politically retire the old illiterate General.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by disloman(m): 6:18am On Mar 25, 2015
Is this man insane?stop all this confusion.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by stinggy(m): 7:12am On Mar 25, 2015
disloman:
Is this man insane?stop all this confusion.
He is. I watched him talk after Jega on channels just last night. He said it categorically that people should return home after casting their votes with a fake laugh.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by courage54(m): 7:18am On Mar 25, 2015
The voice of the people is the Voice of God. General Buhari is the people's choice and no amount of intimidation and propaganda can stop this movement.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2015
hu cares? buhari must go home either life or death, hope his doctors are around to revive him wen he faints today
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Ymodulus: 7:46am On Mar 25, 2015
The lunatic Abba ( oh, is he the IG ? ), he is still very wrong on this one! The masses would not stay 300meters away from their votes.

In any election, it is so vital that the police is neutral, not lending its support to any Party. This is how it is done every where in the world. Let the elections be free and fair and the winners should emerge.

Also i think there wont have been an outcry if the police was trusted. No one would have wanted to stay back counting votes but since the police are corruption in human flesh everyone must wait and count.

By the way does the Inspector General knows how far 300m is ? Distance between one electric pole to another is 50metres approximately so 6 electric poles would be 300m, does the human eye have a magnifying lens??

Nice try IG. Your trick ain't working.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by otukpo(f): 7:48am On Mar 25, 2015
I won't stay. Once I vote, I would go back to my house.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by disloman(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2015
stinggy:

He is. I watched him talk after Jega on channels just last night. He said it categorically that people should return home after casting their votes with a fake laugh.
I also watched it too.That's y i was surprised reading this.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by stinggy(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2015
disloman:
I also watched it too.That's y i was surprised reading this.

The man is unstable. I think so many are ready to defend their votes with their blood though, so whatever he says wouldn't work.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by disloman(m): 10:45am On Mar 25, 2015
stinggy:

The man is unstable. I think so many are ready to defend their votes with their blood though, so whatever he says wouldn't work.
WORD
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by JackBaueress(f): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
stinggy:

after he made the silly comment,he was laughed at. Does he think the forthcoming election is a joke?
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by stinggy(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2015
JackBaueress:
after he made the silly comment,he was laughed at. Does he think the forthcoming election is a joke?

He must think it is. Soon he will know though.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Babacele: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
JackBaueress:
He ain't seen nothing yet!
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by JackBaueress(f): 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babacele:
He ain't seen nothing yet!
thanks for liking and sharing my posts. I see them o! cheesy wink
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Babacele: 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
JackBaueress:
thanks for liking and sharing my posts. I see them o! cheesy wink
I am flattered! I just go with your flos u know.
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by JackBaueress(f): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babacele:
I am flattered! I just go with your flos u know.
*hugs and kisses* wink kiss
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by Babacele: 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
JackBaueress:
*hugs and kisses* wink kiss
you wan emotion kill me. my head is busting. ugly me !
Re: Breaking News: I Didn’t Ban Voters From Staying After Voting –ig by stronger: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
Okay sir. . We will protect our votes!!

No rigging!!

SAI BUHARI!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Handshakes: Spot The Difference / Meet The Most Tattooed British Adults. Tattoos, Have They Taken Over Our Lives? / Photos:Gov. El-rufai Commissioning Nigerian Customs Hospital,Karu,Abuja Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.