Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup (46363 Views)

Katsuya Takasu Arrives Nigerian Team's Base In Order To Fulfill His Pledge / Outfit Nigerian Team Was To Wear For The RIO Olympics Opening Ceremony / Rio: Siasia Prepares Nigerian Team Ahead Of Next Match At The Olympics - .PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by MrPresident1: 10:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Na that time wen Nigeria dey play football be this, when our team be Super Eagles gan gan.

With guys like Mikel Slowbi as our biggest player presently, no hope for our football for the nearest future sad

cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by nastyd(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2015

[color=#006600][/color] These were d Real Super Eagles

Not d Unpatriotic bunch we have now

Chai..

*singing* Okocha Nigwenu o..Okocha!!

He made football fun 2 watch
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by caprini1: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2015
okotv:
they were much younger. The guy doesn't even know his football.

#knowyourfootball.
They wouldve won the Nations cup like 3 consecutive times ,if Abacha had not stopped them from SA 96 and subsequently the ban by CAF.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by likemite: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2015
D best stage of nigera football
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by okotv(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
caprini1:
They wouldve won the Nations cup like 3 consecutive times ,if Abacha had not stopped them from SA 96 and subsequently the ban by CAF.
I tell you. That team was so good that their influence is still been felt by us all today. Keshi won the nations cup and our bright sparks for the future are Emenalo(Chelsea's technical director) and oliseh. Even Eguavoen self.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by caprini1: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2015
okotv:
I tell you. That team was so good that their influence is still been felt by us all today. Keshi won the nations cup and our bright sparks for the future are Emenalo(Chelsea's technical director) and oliseh. Even Eguavoen self.
Almost every Nigerian can close their eyes and name our starting 11......good ol' days.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by okotv(m): 11:05am On Mar 25, 2015
caprini1:
Almost every Nigerian can close their eyes and name our starting 11......good ol' days.
those days.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by hardbody: 11:06am On Mar 25, 2015
okotv:
I guessed as much.

By the way, Okocha was 20 years old during that world cup year, why wasn't ihenacho taken to the last world cup since he had potentials like Okocha

Keshi alone has an explanation to that. That Iheanacho guy could possibly have made some impact and indeed a difference. Perhaps Keshi was destined to fail and he wanted to actualize that destiny
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by joeace2020(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2015
When countries like spain have worked their way up to winning it... we are here celebrating a quarter final loss of many years ago.. Keep celebrating mediocrity and calling it the best ever.. No wonder many of u will die for a hopeless, clueless supposed president
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by juman(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2015
Hmmmm

RASHEED YEKINI
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by okotv(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2015
hardbody:

Keshi alone has an explanation to that. That Iheanacho guy could possibly have made some impact and indeed a difference. Perhaps Keshi was destined to fail and he wanted to actualize that destiny
we lacked players with the guys positional play. Well, we can only move forward. By the way, rumors have it that after today's match a new coach would be announced before the south Africa's game and it would be Keshi.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by DeRay98(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

Over hyped squad that failed to win any trophy

YOU SHOULD HAVE HIDDEN YOUR IGNORANCE...BY NOT COMMENTING

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by bigtt76(f): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2015
Watched this match on a Black and White TV back then grin
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by hardbody: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2015
okotv:
we lacked players with the guys positional play. Well, we can only move forward. By the way, rumors have it that after today's match a new coach would be announced before the south Africa's game and it would be Keshi.

I do not think it is a rumour. If my memory serves me right, i believe i read somewhere (or at least i saw a headline) where it was claimed that Keshi had accepted the offer (which he had earlier termed a slave contract simply because they were targets set for him to meet periodically).

If this is true, it portends a further downward slide of our football fortunes in the global football committee of nations.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by okotv(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2015
hardbody:

I do not think it is a rumour. If my memory serves me right, i believe i read somewhere (or at least i saw a headline) where it was claimed that Keshi had accepted the offer (which he had earlier termed a slave contract simply because they were targets set for him to meet periodically).

If this is true, it portends a further downward slide of our football fortunes in the global football committee of nations.
I hope he makes a mighty turn around as he did at first. He could have learnt his lessons.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by hardbody: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2015
joeace2020:
When countries like spain have worked their way up to winning it... we are here celebrating a quarter final loss of many years ago.. Keep celebrating mediocrity and calling it the best ever.. No wonder many of u will die for a hopeless, clueless supposed president

I am sure you have never heard the term 'comparative'.

People are here comparing the 1994 eagles in all departments with today's super eagles. If you close your eyes to your past, you will be lost in the stream of times today, and may never find a bearing to move on to tomorrow.

Everything should not be ascribed to GEJ or GMB.

Being rational, let us think, act and write rationally.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by maxgold: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2015
Awon omo oro...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by nkemdi89(f): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2015
What of pics for rashidi yekini classical goal that he grabbed the net in celebration.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by skykenny: 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
samkolo:
Argentinian forward Gabriel Batistuta (R) is blocked by Nigerian Michael Emenalo on June 25, 1994 at Foxboro stadium in Boston during their World Cup first-round match. Argentina won 2-1.
O'boy see Michael's thigh.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by hardbody: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
okotv:
I hope he makes a mighty turn around as he did at first. He could have learnt his lessons.

I hope so too and further pray that he has dropped his haughty attitude. If all of these happens, the next question is how deep are his technical skills. He does not appear like a guy who can read and interpret a match. In today's football, matches are won or lost from the bench. He does not come across as being tactical and you must agree with me that he cannot give what he does not have, except he has now acquired some of those skills.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by hardbody: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
skykenny:

O'boy see Michael's thigh.

Those guys were big and strong, or let us say they appeared big and strong.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by easystudy101: 12:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

Na wa for u oo!
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by Eluala(m): 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
These guys were so dominant in Africa and so good that everyone was interested in watching them play. Even my 4 year old younger sister then knew all the 23 players by their jersey numbers and their names. Looking back now I can only regret how we have been plagued by the same thing over and over again - bad leadership.

If not for bad leadership we would have continued to build on the success of that team and only God knows where we would have been today as a nation. That team presented the best we could offer. Notice there was no clamor for Federal character because they represented Nigeria (inspite of the fact that most of them originated from the Southern and middle belt part of the country)and only the best was good enough. Unfortunately, we missed the opportunity just like we have missed other golden opportunities like oil boom of early 70s.

When are we going to rise and keep moving instead of one step forward, 20 steps backward. NB: I'm not supporting any political persuasion.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by spyroxy1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

Meshooonu!

They won 1994 nations cup and Olympic gold medal in 1996
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by tete7000(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

Failed to win any trophy or what did I hear you say? Which team won Afcon, Tunisia '94? maybe you were small then.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by visalo: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

Brother i guess you were still a kid during the time of this super eagle . This team was the champion of Africa before USA 94.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by rawtruth(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

They won the 1994 African Nations' cup before stunning the world at the World Cup where they emerged "The Second Best entertaining Team In the World". Inexperience caused their second round ouster by Italy.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by garriboy(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Still the best jersey ever dou
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by PAINGAIN: 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

guy u dey sleep or u b indomie generation? This squad won the nations cup in tunisia 1994. They played beautiful football also.
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by seangy4konji: 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good old times...
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by dozieo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
My brother check your records that same team won the nations cup in Tunisia before heading to the world cup where they were awarded the second most entertaining side behind the eventual winners Brazil!

Over hyped squad that failed to win any trophy [/quote]
Re: Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup by pbs4real(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

lie say u watch any of doz match.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Anointed Rangers Players Before They Won Kano Pillars (Pics, Video) / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Engagement Ring For Georgina Rodriguez Cost A Whopping N300m / Funny Meme Of Ghana AFCON.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.