Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,388 members, 7,947,643 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Is That Really In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is That Really In The Bible? (659 Views)

7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / Is This Really In The Bible ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is That Really In The Bible? by KunAviero(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2015
So many times I've heard the phrase, "God help those that help themselves". Just this morning an argument ensued between me and some human beings as to whether it is inthe bible or not; so here I am at the best place I can get the truth. Is that phrase really in the bible? Who said it if it is?
Re: Is That Really In The Bible? by Beamborla(f): 8:16am On Mar 25, 2015
It's not
Re: Is That Really In The Bible? by Tallesty1(m): 8:30am On Mar 25, 2015
KunAviero:
So many times I've heard the phrase, "God help those that help themselves". Just this morning an argument ensued between me and some human beings as to whether it is inthe bible or not; so here I am at the best place I can get the truth. Is that phrase really in the bible? Who said it if it is?
Nope, although it is a good teaching but it is not scriptural. God doesn't help those who help themselves. He helps those who turn to him.

God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4

2 Likes

Re: Is That Really In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
God helps the helpless!
Re: Is That Really In The Bible? by haffaze777(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
God help only APC member gringrin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How God Showed Me The Vision Of Rapture And Hell 2 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/05/15 / Free Book-pdf On Happenings In The World And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.