Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,220 members, 7,900,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:37 AM

To What Extent Is Concept Of The Rule Of Law Is Practicable In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To What Extent Is Concept Of The Rule Of Law Is Practicable In Nigeria (1289 Views)

Buhari Not Harrasing Jonathan's Family, Law is Taking Its Course - Presidency / Soyinka Hits Buhari Hard: Stop Being Tyrannical And Wicked, Obey Rule Of Law / Jega’s Tenure Ends On March 24, 2015 By Operation Of Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To What Extent Is Concept Of The Rule Of Law Is Practicable In Nigeria by tclever: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
I was asked this by a sister of mine and I was speechless I don't even know what to utter, I knw nairalander are genuis, someone to help me out of this mess
Re: To What Extent Is Concept Of The Rule Of Law Is Practicable In Nigeria by MayorofLagos(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
The Rule of Law is nothing more than a social contract, period!

The aggregate consent is a validating authority and decrees the modalities and methodologies that guide individual and collective acts, conducts, deeds and purpose in the society.

....but first, the aggregate authority must have an uncontested power over the territorial domain the society is native in.

The aggregate authority does not exercise power over people, rather it enforces its authority over the land from which it claims endowment. The people are subjects to the land. The power rules the land and the land rules the people.

If the aggregate consent in a society says it is forbidden to appear clothed in public, then public nyakedness is ok under the Rule of Law.

If the aggregate consent in another society two kilometers down the street says it is forbidden to appear nyaked in public, then public nyakedness is not ok under the Rule of Law.

So what happens to transits through both societies?

You create outposts and corridors for travellers and those in the corridors enjoy a limited immunity from the law of the land.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists / Gbajabiamila And Doganra Emmarge As Speaker Of The House / World Igbo Scientific Month: Dr Achilefu The Inventor Of High Tech Cancer Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.