Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,202 members, 7,887,530 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:11 AM

Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) (30412 Views)

Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo / Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway,scores Of Passengers Feared Dead.graphic Pics / The Types Of Passengers In Airline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by lalasticlala(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Barely two days to the Presidential election, some FCT motor parks have recorded large turnout of passengers travelling to various states of the country to either cast their votes or attend to other family issues.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) witnessed many passengers at the New Nyanya Transport Company, Nyanya, and Mararaba, MIDDS Transport Company, Nyanya, Utako Motor Park, Jabi, and Peace Mass Transit Utako, all in Abuja, buying tickets and boarding buses.

Many of the passengers said they were embarking on the journey to cast their votes as their registrations were done at their home towns.

Mr Emeka Eke, a passenger, told NAN that he was travelling to the eastern part of the country to exercise his franchise.

“I am embarking this journey because I have already registered in my state; as a patriotic citizen of this country, I have to exercise my franchise,’’ Eke said.

Mrs Ann Roberts, who was seen with her children, said they were travelling to attend some ceremonies at home slated for the Easter period.

Mr Mohammed Sule, another passenger, said he just seized the opportunity of the election, to travel to Kastina to attend to some family matters.

However, NAN correspondent observed that the available vehicles were inadequate due to the large turnout of passengers.

Mr Joel Ejira, the Manager, MIDDS Transport Company, Nyanya, corroborated this.

“Due to the influx of passengers and scarcity of fuel, other transporters are increasing their fares but we did not increase ours. Our route is Benue and we take N1, 500,’’ Ejira said.

Mr Emmanuel Aborr, the Station Manager, New Nyanya Transport Company, described the turout of passengers as “quite’’ impressive, in spite of the economic situation of the country.

He said there was a slight increase in the company’s transport fare, adding that Ogoja that was N2, 500 was presently N3, 000.

“Otukpo formerly was N1, 500 but N2, 000 now, Makurdi was N1, 300 but N1, 500 while Lagos N4, 500,’’ he said.

He advised the Federal Government to endeavour to make fuel available for commercial and domestic use, to avoid the jacking up of transport fare.

Mr Williams Ugwu, the Supervisor, Peace Mass Transit, also expressed surprise over the large turnout of passengers at the park, making the company to lack buses.

Williams said though there was scarcity of fuel, the company did not increase its transport fare at this period.

“We do not change fare price if there is no official change in fuel pump price; the only thing that can affect our fare is change in fuel pump price not fuel scarcity,’’ Williams said.

Mr Iyire Sunday, a Zaria route driver at Jabi Parks that the fare remained N1, 500, in spite of the large number of passengers at the park. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/metro/420390/election-fct-parks-witness-heavy-flow-of-passengers

1 Like

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by festusfeezy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
OMG! Nigerians are battle ready to decide come saturday.
But wait a minute, the woman that said she is travelling for a ceremony in her home town,i doubt her, may be she is running away for fear of violence......
Anyways wish nigeria a peaceful elections void of violence
God bless nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by jnrbayano(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lalasticlala,

"Barely two days to the Presidential election, some FCT motor parks have recorded large turnout of passengers travelling to various states of the country to either cast their votes or fleeing from trouble."

Fixed smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Mogidi: 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why are the APC supporters from the SW also returning?

Why not just shout Sai Buhari?

Tinubu you see ya life?

24 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Collynzo419: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
With this rate of migration during this election, it is doubtful that Jonathan will get the desired 25% in Northern States.

So with all the noise by Jonathanians, they are cowardly running back to their villages 2 days to election.

Jonathan has been scammed yet again

Jonathan Otueke Loading

...99%

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
And the Winner of the Presidential elections 2015 is Muhammadu Buhari as the newly elected President and his running mate Prof Yemi Osinbanjo as Vice president - Attarihu Jega,2015

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by chidekings(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
no political ambition is worth a single Nigerian blood.

15 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by jnrbayano(m): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Iamsynord:
And the Winner of the Presidential elections 2015 is Muhammadu Buhari as the newly elected President and his running mate Prof Yemi Osinbanjo as Vice president - Attarihu Jega,2015

God forbid!!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by BasseyJ(m): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Okay
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Alphaoscar: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
So how will they now vote the yeye PDP candidates in their states of residence when they did not even register in such a state?

PDP money don miss road oooo.

Jk NA sorry case.

15 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by steppin: 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Iamsynord:
*Dreaming*
Tunde, wake up! It's time for school.

11 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mogidi:
Why are the APC supporters from the SW also returning?
Why not just shout Sai Buhari?
Tinubu you see ya life?
Please learn to think before you talk and not talk before you think.......whether you like it or not buhari is going to win the election and Goodluck jonathan will cry....

Wakacome

22 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by dustmalik: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Otuoke is calling someone.

8 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why are we all campaigning for GMB? In 2011, almost the entire
Nation irrespective of political party queued behind GEJ & delivered his
mandate. Today the same people who supported GEJ then are saying
NO to his continuity, Why? Simply put, GEJ has failed Nigerians, we
no longer have confidence in his so called transformation agenda. We
need Change. What do you think GEJ has to lose if he doesn't
perform in his 2nd tenure of government? Now is the time to remove
him & try another person who if he also doesn't perform in his 1st
tenure will be asked also to live by the same people who put him
there. Come March 28th let us all come out to Vote for Change &
for a better future for our children.

Vote APC

Vote BUHARI/Osinbajo

Vote for CHANGE!!!

#Ihavedecided

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Mogidi: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
wakacome:
Please learn to think before you talk and not talk before you think.......whether you like it or not buhari is going to win the election and Goodluck jonathan will cry....

Wakacome

Face front abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by thepatroit: 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Martino240, I'm with you on this.

Looking back, I'm amazed at the turn of events lately. In 2011, Buhari contesting for the presidential election was like a joke. People didn't want to even hear his name. It was only my cousin who voted for him in my area. I remember staying up till the early hours of the morning, watching the pdp primaries and jubilating when Gej won it. There were shouts of joy when he finally won the election.

Fast forward to four years later. Almost everyone is clamoring for this same Buhari that was rejected. Why? If I were Gej, I'd bow my head in shame and do a sober reflection. He should ask himself questions. Why do some Nigerians now want Buhari? Did he campaign so desperately last time? I remember friends of mine who campaigned for him on social media and everywhere without receiving a dime. He was given Nigeria on a platter of gold but he messed up the opportunity. We loved him with all of our hearts yet he failed us. I know he tried to an extent but the fact that a large percentage of Nigerians are clamoring for the person they once rejected instead of him ought to make him resign peacefully. But we all know how naija is.

May God's will be done. Amen.

@topic, I wish them journey mercies.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by mytime24(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by auntymi(f): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
NaijA no longer trust evn d so-called fresH_aiR around deM

Sai buhari

11 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by ichidodo: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Nigerians have become electoral empowered and educated allowing for no broaching of rubbish from any politician....we have seen our enemies and those in sheep clothings who best epitomise the rot in the country calling for change...are we to change for the worst?? Nigerians are hell bent on denying thieffnubu and Buhari access into Aso, some even travelling hundreds of KMs to do so. GEJ4EVER...

4 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by missbehave247(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
K
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by 5p1naz(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
tongue
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by CR77(f): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
Any where way them treval go my own be say make them vote wisely.

Vote not fight

God bless Nigeria

GEJ till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
The fear of Nigerian presidential election is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by oluwafemi113(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
blame uncle jonathan for this

Chiia look at what all this people are going thru?

We really need change, why must people be afraid of staying in there area to cast there vote. Because this present administration can't guarantee there security safety

Vote wisely Nigeria must change for good

6 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by siraj1402(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
Collynzo419:
With this rate of migration during this election, it is doubtful that Jonathan will get the desired 25% in Northern States.

So with all the noise by Jonathanians, they are cowardly running back to their villages 2 days to election.

Jonathan has been scammed yet again

Jonathan Otueke Loading

...99%
Abi o running to their village where they can't vote.Just Sidon de look.

6 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by ikombe: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
all i see is fear of break up when jonathan is crowned winner as it is meant to be. grin

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by efilefun(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why not
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
OK na
Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by layinkakeem(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
When they know gej can't protect them, so everyody run for ya life.
Vote for change
Vote for buhari
Buhari is the man that nigeria needs now.
Cause jonahthan wants to come back and chop our money cheesy he spent a lot of money during this election, where did you think he'll recover it when he wins this election
Don't forget the chibok girls.
Don't forget the bomb blast every where.
Instead of him to find something to do about it, all he do is just to smile and wave to us in the tv grin is that what nigerians need
Vote change my people
Vote buhari

12 Likes

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by khassy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC fault ..... I blame that use.less APC and their clueless supporters on NL..... APC are a bunch of weyreys

quote me and watch thunder faya you in 3D angryangryangryangry undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) by Rilwayn001: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Going to their respective home to vote massively for GMB

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) / Drama At Lagos Airport As Abandoned Bag Causes Scare / Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.