Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone (988 Views)

Make Money Within Your Comfort Zone / Forex Traders Comfort Zone (forex Trading Tutorials Free Of Charge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by Appswheel(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Do you have a vision? How big is it?

If you must achieve your life goals you must avoid the comfort zone and beware of individuals "who are comfort zone lovers".
They strive for comfort, predictability, and security in life.

On the heels of comfort comes complacency; of predictability, boredom; and of security, no vision.

A nest is good for a robin while it is an egg. But it is bad for a robin when it has wings. It is a good place to be hatched in, but it is a poor place to fly in. It is always sad when people do not want to leave the nests of their lives.
Take hold of your vision and fly with it!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
I have some questions. It may sound funny and silly, but if you give sincere answers to them, you will get the point I am trying to make.

1. Where exactly are we 'flying' to?
2. Why do people set goals?
3. what is the aim of achieving goals and setting others?
Re: Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by Appswheel(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
vfactor:
I have some questions. It may sound funny and silly, but if you give sincere answers to them, you will get the point I am trying to make.

1. Where exactly are we 'flying' to?
2. Why do people set goals?
3. what is the aim of achieving goals and setting others?

Dear vfactor, the questions are not funny neither are they silly. Find below my response.

1. We are flying to create value, make the world better than we meet it. Fulfil our destiny.
2. Goals are set to keep you on track, so you have a clear picture of where you are going and what you want to achieve.
3. The aim of achieving goals is to get result. Is to know that whatever you set out to do you can do it. At this point, you are fulfilled and energized to pursue other goals.
Re: Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
Good points.

When one achieves his goals, there is sense of satisfaction and comfort. In other words we strive to leave an impact and improve our world cos we want to make it more comfortable than we met it, a sort of comfort zone.

My point is, a comfort zone is not as bad as its being painted. If one relaxes it is cos he feels or knows he has achieve what he set to achieve, no matter how small his goals may seem to others. This should not be confused with laziness.

There is this story of a fisherman and a business man, that I would love to relate.

The quest to achieve more has made people fail to appreciate the simple and happy moments of life.

In a nutshell, if one feels he has achieved what he set to achieve, there is nothing wrong if he wishes to relax. If at any other time, he wants to achieve more goals, then he can continue.

This is my simple opinion.
Re: Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by iyisco2001(m): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2015
This is a good charge. Nice one op.
When a man stops aiming and pursuing his aims/goals, I do call such a living dead man, people like this would see their successful friends in future and start saying they hustled together, he knows him, he is successful now he can't ask of you.
Build your own empire, stop being lazy, fight for yourself and your family. Be relevant in your society, remember, if wishes were horses, beggars will ride, hard work with precise plans work. God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Being Trapped In The Comfort Zone by TheCode(m): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
vfactor:
Good points.

When one achieves his goals, there is sense of satisfaction and comfort. In other words we strive to leave an impact and improve our world cos we want to make it more comfortable than we met it, a sort of comfort zone.

My point is, a comfort zone is not as bad as its being painted. If one relaxes it is cos he feels or knows he has achieve what he set to achieve, no matter how small his goals may seem to others. This should not be confused with laziness.

There is this story of a fisherman and a business man, that I would love to relate.

The quest to achieve more has made people fail to appreciate the simple and happy moments of life.

In a nutshell, if one feels he has achieved what he set to achieve, there is nothing wrong if he wishes to relax. If at any other time, he wants to achieve more goals, then he can continue.

This is my simple opinion.

Hello bro,

I don't think you got the op's point.

A call for one to leave one's comfort zone is a call for one to leave one's secure zone where everything is being provided for one, to quit being reluctant to take risks, to quit being spoon-fed but to go out and hunt.

We all have this innate reluctance to leave our comfort zones - where we feel secure, but great men and women are those gladiators that defied pain and uncertainty to bleed for their dreams on the mental, economic, etc, battlefields.

Most of us are hatched in our comfort zones. But to grow, we need to leave the nest. 'Nest' here doesn't necessarily mean your home. Your comfort zone may not be a physical edifice. You also need to surround yourself with gladiators/potential gladiators - people who have chosen to fight for the freedom of their dreams/ideas instead of seeing them rot away in their minds, on paper or on their laptops. People who have a burning desire to go out there and make things happen, not wait for something to happen. People who are more proactive than reactive.

One cannot afford to crawl when one has a burning desire to soar... (Helen Keller)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Any Brand Of RICE In Bulk #5,500 Per Bag Cal 07065186857 / Are Degrees Necessary For Being Successful? / Yes .... We Are Recruiting APPLY NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.