Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,063 members, 7,970,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:21 AM

Politics Of Religion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Religion (2509 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / The Role Of Religion In Politics – Nigeria’s Scenario / "Buhari And Politics Of Religion" By Abubakar Evuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Of Religion by agaba123(m): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, you are either a christian or you are not. If you do not follow the tenets of the belief to the fullest, then you are not, as there is no way one can be a semi-christian. You are either fully in or you are fully out. No inbetween in the religion.

good
Re: Politics Of Religion by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2009
bindex:

I dont give a Bleep about who Jesus Christ is what he said or what people said he said, Jesus Christ can be the way from here to the bibleGod's anus that is his bleeping problem all I am saying is that this is what happens when you allow religion to destroy your brian cells. There are no better advocates of racism, descrimination, intolerance and the permanent we vs them divide amongst humans like Allah and Jehovah the God of the old testament are there? If there is one then pls go ahead and tell me.

Isn't that what you are doing right now ; The WE(those of us who do not care for religion) And Them ( The religious numknots to you)?  Gosh!!! When you start insulting people's beliefs, you show that you are just like those you claim to despise.

Anywho, if this is going to turn into one of those many US vs THEM arguments that we see in the religion section where non-religious and religious people alike battle themselves to the end with no end, then no thanks.

@Admin, Maybe you ought to move this to religion cause it seems to be going the same way most all those ramblings in there do.
Re: Politics Of Religion by bindex(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Sounds more like what religious people do. They live their lives by what they feel is right which also happens to be what their respective religions teach. WOW!! Roflmao!!

Yeah killing of the infidels is right isn't it? or slavery? Why do christains frwon at slavery today when the bible strongly advocates slavery? I don't see most moslems stonning to death their gay friends all over the place even though that is what the koran teaches them.
Re: Politics Of Religion by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
Can we please separate religion from the state?
And render religious leaders powerless? Religion is the greatest thing that happened to the world, but use Nigerians have taken and to the extreme levels as usual.
Re: Politics Of Religion by bindex(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Isn't that what you are doing right now ; The WE(those of us who do not care for religion) And Them ( The religious numknots to you)?  Gosh!!! When you start insulting people's beliefs, you show that you are just like those you claim to despise.

Anywho, if this is going to turn into one of those many US vs THEM arguments that we see in the religion section where non-religious and religious people alike battle themselves to the end with no end, then no thanks.

@Admin, Maybe you ought to move this to religion cause it seems to be going the same way most all those ramblings in there do.

Do the deities in the bible and the koran teach discrimination, segregation, and racism against people of other faiths? YES, so what is it you are saying? I am not talking about religion I am talking about what is in the bible and the koran.
Re: Politics Of Religion by agaba123(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2009
bindex:

Yeah killing of the infidels is right isn't it? or slavery? Why do christains frwon at slavery today when the bible strongly advocates slavery? I don't see most moslems stonning to death their gay friends all over the place even though that is what the koran teaches them.

I wish you have read the bible.

bindex:

Do the deities in the bible and the koran teach discrimination, segregation, and racism against people of other faiths? YES, so what is it you are saying? I am not talking about religion I am talking about what is in the bible and the koran.
I wish you have read the bible again.
Re: Politics Of Religion by JJYOU: 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2009
bindex:

This is what happens when you allow religion to destroy your brain cells. Its either your way or the highway.

There is no connection between light and darkness the bible says there by advocating the permanent we vs them mentality. What a shame

@ poster don't come here whining about how people prosecute you for befriending moslems because that it what the two religions teach. The bible teaches christains not to accept moslems just as the koran teaches moslems not to accept christains. Read the bible and the Koran both of the Gods that are taught in those books strongly advocated segregation, racism and intolerance towards people of other faiths(Christainity teaches maiming of body parts if it causes you to sin and total seperation from the already condemmed while islam teaches total segregation and the utmost racism form the already condemmed unbelievers.). So to come here and start whining that people prosecute you is to not know what your religion teaches. Most people live their lives according to what they feel is right not according to what they were taught by their respective religions.

i see moslim beggers dont discriminate when taking church goers money.
by the way she is not talking prosecution yet.  chill see what a child goes through and you call someone being told to stop taking money from a mole woman prosecution.

Re: Politics Of Religion by MrCrackles(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2009
You guys have come again!!

For fucking hell sake, quit all these religious shenanigans and get a life
!!! angry angry angry
Re: Politics Of Religion by bindex(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2009
agaba123:

I wish you have read the bible.
I wish you have read the bible again.

Its very clear you have'nt read the bible. I believe you only cherry pick and read the pleasent parts. Does the bibleGod advocate slavery, segregation, death and destruction of people of other faiths? YES go read it up its all over your bible.
Re: Politics Of Religion by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2009
JJYOU:

by the way she is not talking prosecution yet.  chill see what a child goes through and you call someone being told to stop taking money from a mole woman prosecution.

You are missing the point of this thread completely.
Re: Politics Of Religion by JJYOU: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

You guys have come again!!

For fucking hell sake, quit all these religious shenanigans and get a life
!!! angry angry angry
go get your own religious do gooder my brother. this na another ogbele business

JosBoy4Lif:

You are missing the point of this thread completely.
point being?
Re: Politics Of Religion by MrCrackles(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2009
JJYOU:

What is the point of these now?
This is how you guys unnecessarily fuel the fires of religious hatred
Next time, read the post and topic well before typing with your fat fingers
It doesnt pay to create more problems!
! angry
Re: Politics Of Religion by JJYOU: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

What is the point of these now?
This is how you guys unnecessarily fuel the fires of religious hatred
Next time, read the post and topic well before typing with your fat fingers
It doesnt pay to create more problems!
! angry
nice one from agent provocateur himself
Re: Politics Of Religion by congoshine(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2009
aisha2:

Yesterday, someone accused me of not being Christian enough, why? Because I am unequally yoked with an unbeliever, who is the unbeliever, my best friend of 23 years who has been with me through the best, worst and most trying times of my life. She was my consolation when I had my first heartbreak and subsequent ones, Currently she has a steady job and I don’t(Am chasing a lifelong dream) and so she knows am not as financially stable as I used to be so she finds ways of financially supporting me without making me feel like a charity case. Her only crime is that she is a Moslem. She is also being accused of being un-Moslem.
I always ponder why we allow some people brainwash us into believing that the enemy is someone who believes something different or who is from a different ethnic group, meanwhile we are all wallowing in unemployment, poverty, poor education, and corrupt insensitive and desperately corrupt leaders who continuously screw us out of our legitimate rights and privileges. we fight one another in our lack, instead of coming together to fight the common enemy, bad, selfish, visionless leaders.
90% of us practice our current religion because we were born into it and not because we converted based on our convictions. I know people will call for my head with all the fanatical ethnic and religious bias which we stupidly believe but I am so sad for my generation for our inability to face real issues head on.

I agree with you so much ,if I had you nearby ,I would have screwed you passionately hard myself. grin grin grin

Don't mind the confused hypocrites,the problem is that people always need to have something to vent their anger on(politics,ethnicity,gender etc)
Re: Politics Of Religion by RichyBlacK(m): 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2009
JJYOU:
not even you

JJYOU, biko wetin I do na?
Re: Politics Of Religion by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 31, 2009
I dont give a Bleep about who Jesus Christ is what he said or what people said he said, Jesus Christ can be the way from here to the bibleGod's anus that is his bleeping problem all I am saying is that this is what happens when you allow religion to destroy your brian cells. There are no better advocates of racism, descrimination, intolerance and the permanent we vs them divide amongst humans like Allah and Jehovah the God of the old testament are there? If there is one then pls go ahead and tell me.

Bindex, you dont give a "Bleep" about Jesus Christ and you've been foaming in the mouth for the last 3-4 months on that name alone? grin
My dear you need serious help.
Re: Politics Of Religion by otokx(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2009
nonsense no dey tire some people
Re: Politics Of Religion by SamMilla1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2009
So, what happens to making your decisions based on what goes on in your everyday life without involving religion?
Re: Politics Of Religion by congoshine(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2009
bindex:

Bindex is clearly a big ,black boy with absolutely no brains !
Re: Politics Of Religion by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2009
Sam Milla:

So, what happens to making your decisions based on what goes on in your everyday life without involving religion?

Do you understand what the word RELIGION means, and why your statement above contradicts that meaning? Religion goes on in our everyday lives as human beings. You cannot separate it from what makes you human. Your understanding of self, your understanding of what goes on around you, is based on one religion or another and so there is really no way you can make decisions apart from your religious belief.

For instance, if you believe we are all here as a result of science, you make decisions based on your understanding of how science allows you to function and operate. You are limited by what science limits you. Same with people who believe we popped out of thin air. Our decisions are limited by our beliefs.

Why do some of the people who do not claim a god (atheists) feel they are somehow better than those that do(non-atheists)? Don’t we all deal with the same exact issues on a daily basis? There is absolutely no proof that not claiming a god makes your life better, or somehow elevates you to a higher level than those who do. Cut all the US (atheists) vs. THEM (non-atheists) bullcrap out already!!!
Re: Politics Of Religion by CrudeOil2(m): 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2009
poster
Why do let fools to disturb your life.
Re: Politics Of Religion by oderemo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
religion is the opium of my people. wrong. opium and religion are same fing.
Re: Politics Of Religion by sherrylo: 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2009
@poster, you will be judged by God alone and not by anyone else! so if your friend is an Idol worshiper and she or he is good to you then fine.
Re: Politics Of Religion by ogasnow: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2009
I deduce from the episode that the poster is insecure. See how she cleverly manipulated the situation to cover up her shortcoming and put the blame on her accuser thus making people to argue a needless issue. Hell, Bleep your religion. People would play politics with everything about you-your gender, your height, your ethnicity, your skin colour, your "funny" accent, the way you walk, talk, dress- hell peeps would mess with your P any day, any time. Its pure IGNORANCE. So whoever made such statement is totally ignorant of the message of Christ. For Christ specifically taught that people from outside our social, ethnic, religious etc groupings can be better friends to us than those with which we share such affiliations (cue the good samaritan). As a GOOD xtian, u could have pointed this fact out to the ignorant fellow. Except of course, you are ignorant of same. So, its not about politics of religion. its one ignorant insecure person oppressing a much more ignorant insecure person. I bet you the fact that this person took you to the cleaners and made you feel like scum on an issue you should have a sound knowledge of hurts the most.(As a lawyer, I would feel like shit if another lawyer oppresses me because of my own ignorance.)

Religion is what you believe in which is not necessarily always the truth. Since peeps are different, religion differs and therefore divides. The message of Christ however is truth and is meant to give sight to the blind, health to the sick, salvation to the damned as well as KNOWLEDGE to the IGNORANT.

Beware of MIDDLE-GROUND LIBERALISM. It is the highest form of ignorance. Stand for something or fall for anything. Stand for something BUT be knowledgeable about what you stand for.
Re: Politics Of Religion by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2009
this is the main problem we have in nigeria.
Since the very time i stopped having a religion, i love everyone as myself.
Re: Politics Of Religion by edeal247: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2009
na true oo
Re: Politics Of Religion by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 02, 2009
I am bothered by some of the responses here. Clearly, so many people dont know the real meaning of Faith and being in God.
We are in deep shit, we will never move forward when we poor voiceless people keep attacking the effects of a problem not the cause of the problem.
Re: Politics Of Religion by JJYOU: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2009
easy believism the christianity without responsibility, conscience and sacrifice is the trouble with most nigerians.
Re: Politics Of Religion by meexteriox(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2009
Politics of religion,
Religion of politics,
Politics of Nigerian Religion,
Religion of Nigerian Politics,

A deadly virus that has consummated the Nigeria landscape for as long as
i can remember. We simply overplay everything in this part of the world.

Personally, religion is nothing else but love to God and man.
Re: Politics Of Religion by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ Topic

Religion!! No wonder the bible said "My people die for lack of wisdom".

I do not blame whoever accused the poster of not being christian enough.

Seriously lets be logical. The bible really did say in the book of II Corinthians and I quote

2 Cor 6:14

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
KJV

Knowing this now, you would certainly agree with me that if you are a true born-again, bible-believing christian, then you should have nothing to do with unbelievers which unfortunately includes Muslims, e.t.c.

Remember that the same bible, which is like a guide for believing christians also said in the book of Psalms and I quote

Ps 1:1-2
1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
KJV

So heres my stand on the topic;

As a human being, I know for certain that religion brings about nothing but false hope and division. I'm not targeting any religion in particular, I'm just saying. Lets imagine that every religion out there has a verse in their "HOLY BOOK" that expressly forbade us from associating with unbelievers of our faith, then what would the world look like??

I have said it timelessly that the world would be a better place to live in without having to carry the yoke of religion around with us everywhere we go. Now I am not against those who feel that we should not associate with those of other religions, because in all fairness they are right if their faith expressly says so.

The day we esponge religion from our lives, that day we will start moving foward both as individuals and as a people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria / Would You Ever Vote For Any Ex-politician's Offspring? / Mistress Mysteriously Dies@orji Kalu's Potomac Mansion, Police Investigating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.