Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,347 members, 7,947,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? (914 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? by careerguru(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2009
Last week, I discussed with some software and web developers from the University of Lagos, Nigeria who indicated their strong interests in a hands-on workshop that would allow Nigerian developers to learn how to use the Facebook Platform and APIs to develop widgets and applications for businesses.

After the success of the Facebook Developers Garage in Kenya, Ghana and Uganda, I thought it’d be great to host one of such events in Lagos, Nigeria. The event will provide a forum for students and professional software developers in Nigeria to learn about the Facebook Platform and APIs, participate in application demonstrations, seek technical support from experts, share ideas and build collaborations.

Interestingly, Facebook has attracted a lot of Nigerians (over 200,000 active users), but few software developers and web entrepreneurs have actually used the Facebook Platform to develop applications.

So if you’re interested in a Facebook Developers Garage in Nigeria, you can join the Facebook group and participate in the discussions.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48639066057
Re: Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? by gozzilla(m): 1:31am On Jan 22, 2009
How interested i am?
Some more enlightening what skills do we need to bring along
Re: Facebook Developer Garage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2009
I have used the facebook platform to build some small-scale applications in the past.
All you need is to have a basic knowledge of php/mysql, you will need a live site to test out your application - local web server will not work here.

I created a thread somewhere in webmasters on how to build a facebook application - just showed from beginin to end how to create something like a hello world app - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-215579.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Piratebay.org A Good Place For Programmers / What Do Need To Know B4 Taking ''infotech'' As My Choice Of Course? / A Freelancing Website For Nigerian Programmers And Skilled Individuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.