Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,831 members, 7,945,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

A Nairalander's Conscientious Rap Song. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Conscientious Rap Song. (615 Views)

Saraki Releases New Rap Song To Gain Support Of Youths In CCT Trial(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Conscientious Rap Song. by tdawg10dope(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2015
I recorded this song last week. I'm just a concerned Nigeria. Please feel free to criticize the song. Im uploading it on the political section because the song is political.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0a3aEsajFk

Please find the lyrics to the song below.

" Welcome To My Country"

(Written and Performed By T. Dawg)

Intro: This is coming at ya straight up from ah underground. Y'all wanna jump in a tour bus and let me take you 'round my country in 5minutes... It could be more. Sabiva am I clear out there? It's T. Dawg in the house yoh.

Welcome to my country,a land filled with riches populated by the poor/ Here,we devise many ways cuz there are too many a close door/ Where thugs are getting paid while brilliant minds are getting wasted/ Welcome to the land overflowing with milk and honey that only few ever tasted/ Let me introduce you to our unique style of government/ It's disturbing and/ Yet the powers that be like to call it a democracy but let's be real/ I'm o' tell it as it is and when I'm done,you're gon' call it what you will/It's a government by some of the people/ Over all of the people/ For some of the people/How else do you think intellectuals ain't given room to make a difference/ Where touts experience a boom and walk with influence/ Can't you see? The 'envelopment' of the loot/ Is of far greater priority than development of the youth/ How come we were told "you are the leaders of tomorrow" and tomorrow never came/ They've gotten frail,they've gotten grey and they're still at the game/ Get the picture/ That tomorrow's now,an extension of their youth,there ain't no future/ So welcome to the game as it goes on and on and on/ A field of play where you're bound to see many a strange political phenomenon/ They have a way of making it hot when it's going cold/ Take a seat you've been told/ Just watch the drama unfold/

Chorus: You are welcome! You are welcome!! To the wreck that we're living in - as a country! You are welcome! You are welcome!! To the mess we're revelling in - as a country! You're welcome.

...To the land where the truth is forbidden/ Our constitution,for the poor,I guess it was written/ Here what is good for the goose may be bad for the gander/ They say they're fighting corruption but that's mere propaganda/ The only time they fight,it's for their pockets,to keep their bank accounts swelling/ While we're out here,noses to the grind under conditions that are gruelling/ These fattened souls live too well to know it's hell where we're dwelling/ Welcome to my country where Justice has an eye opened and watching/ So her sword won't touch the sacred cows while the other is closed to the plights of the downtrodden/ Welcome to my country where for everything you deserve as citizen you just gotta fight/ Why do you think we're having incessant strikes/ Welcome to my country where police don't respect your right/ They always have their guns handy against the unarmed and innocent/ But come real danger,they come up with excuses why they couldn't protect a citizen/ Excuses like "you see our guns are outdated", "we couldn't match the firepower of the criminals" so let me ask: what were you trying to match when you killed my friend/(REST IN PEACE SOLA ADEGBEHA)He was unarmed he was innocent/ Just going about his daily business/ That's how it goes in my country,here we got some of the dirtiest drama you'll ever witness/.

Chorus...

You are welcome to the land where pastors don't tell the truth about the state of the nation/ To their congregation/ Effects of bad leadership are blamed on witches/ They got their followers fasting and shouting at the top of their voices for breakthrough while they amass riches/ Only God knows who and who he called but it's clear many who never heard His voice answered/ Around here,ills spread faster than cancer/ Welcome to my country,home to the most distracted youths in the world/ Completely enchanted by banal music so they can't reason deep,it's absurd/ The stuff they wrongly call Hip-Hop/ Has deaden their senses to the cold realities of their lives so they can't step the heat up/ Awakened to the mundane/ Fill their ears with un-intelligent rants and sag their pants,all is well 'long as they're entertained/ Deaf to voices of reason and blinded to the big picture/ These kids are carried away by the silly sounds to which they dance away their future/ Lacking in purpose and having lost focus they don't know their place in the scheme of things/ Attention glued on gleaming things/ It's all about flashy cars and gals wearing skimpy things/ Well it ain't their fault,that's the thing/ When you're living in a land where the palace is built with gold but poverty reigns as king/

Outro speech:
What a hell of a country/What a nation. What kinda mess we in and we think we're having it 'On'. We do nothing. So welcome to my country where we thought our crude oil was the greatest and only resource for which we had no substitute/
Blinded by greed to the one true invaluable resource - the youth/
They waste away cuz rather than churning out seasoned scholars,our higher institutions of learning are churning out mostly,thugs and prostitutes/
And thanks to you Mr. Lecturer we ain't forgetting you/
Your contribution to these ills is worthy of mention. Remember all the girls you didn't let pass until all slept with you/
To all y'all at the top you think we don't figure?
We don't have a functional government yet. When Nigeria and her constitution become bigger than any one individual,that's when we got it. Until then,wake up people. Keep the pressure up. I'm out!
Re: A Nairalander's Conscientious Rap Song. by searchcorp(m): 11:15am On Mar 28, 2015
Lovely, I really loved the mannerism and lyrics. A conscious rap song though.

Truth be told though; You are sound a little bit pessimistic about Nigeria's present and future state. I on the other hand am an unrepentant believer in change and hope for Nigeria.

The mixing and mastering seems to be poor. Very poor.

(1) (Reply)

Another Explosion In Akwa Anambra_punch / Movement Today? / Election Observations That Needs Divine Prayer Before INEC Announce The Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.