Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,927 members, 7,906,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Where Did True Romance Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did True Romance Go? (819 Views)

Pls Where Did Boys Get The Impression That She Only Visits For Sex ? / True Romance Is More Of Gesture Than Money / Is There True Romance Without Finance? I Don't Know If She Love Me Or My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, romance is no more, all because of thechnology. Let me take time to explain. There was a time, before we took to learning foreign languages and foreign manners, when you had to be a real poet, with an excellent communication ability to win the hand, and heart oif the girl you loved. You needed patience too. That it could take years was not the issue.

Then came the time when we started going to school, There were no telephones then, but we could write something crude. Remember those letters, which would be perfumed, with some powder sprinkled? Complete with a heart and arrow plus initials I.H.OL.L.A.N.D, OR I.TA.L.Y and many others? And the girl would then embroider a handkerchief with some very nice words of love.

The letters were a collectors item. Just ask your mum or dad. The handkerchiefs were treasured gifts. And the dates were confined to the nearest football field on saturdays. Those were the days when we described our loved ones as being as ripe as sweet potatoes, as plump as a pumpkin, or as sweet as sugarcane, as brown as a ripe mango, poetry at it's best.

Then came along e mails and sms. So what do we have now? A quick note in very funny language. No more poetry. And the girls do not even wait. They will tell you what they want instead. Or just come to your house uninvited at night! Or simply tell you how much they love you on internet even before they have met you! And they expect you to have some posh car and take them to the best places!

I leave the rest to you.
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by vanderjo(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2009
i totally agree with you man,most women go after money,not as if it is not good to have someone who is rich but it should not be the deciding factor,i am afraid to love cuz i can't just find someone that love me for who i am and not for money.
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2009
An appeal to our dear sisters; we are not all rich
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Czarskit(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2009
Hehehe. . .

I have a time machine who cares for a ride ? tongue
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
hehehehe
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by LIMUEL(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2009
The rhythm of romance has changed and its better than what our parents had
May be you are not up to date
I could not have wished to live in a better time than now
Romance is about creativity
I always leave an impression and a vacuum no one can fill
Try to be creative and you will understand what i mean
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Ben13: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
@topic

It travelled
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Magz(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2009
@ Topic,

Yes I agree. In fact, it is my belief that as people become more technologically advanced, we actually regress in many aspects of life. Like, when you look backwards in time many things were so much better including the music, romance, ideas of unity and progression amongst African peoples, people's overall strength, moralsand virtue, Even technology itself, i.e. the cars, musical equipment, and the architecture and stuff. I can't really articulate what I am trying to say very well, but I am sure you know what I mean,
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2009
Sure, I know what you mean
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by OfficeGirl(f): 9:49am On Jan 26, 2009
@ Post, yeah! You're damn right! Little did we know that those
funny and scanty sms do not really portray that vibes anymore
unlike the love letters of yesteryear's.
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Ben13: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2009
that's what you think.

Romance is now civilized grin
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Exstar(f): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2009
Oh, yeah! so it used to be old-school? grin
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2009
Old school it may be, but it was the best, and still is. And it is honest
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by Magz(m): 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
OOhweee

This thread just inspired me to write a song

The melody is forming even now as I type.

Praise Jah! cheesy
Re: Where Did True Romance Go? by lipuka(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2009
Hey, it was my idea. You will pay royalties to me

(1) (Reply)

Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? / I Need A Woman / Wat Do A Woman Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.