Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:17 PM

The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes (779 Views)

"Angels On Assignment", Nigerian Kid Pastors Trend Online (Video) / Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? / Best Of The Best Of Gospel Reggae Music For Spiritual Upliftment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Gospel music is Christian music and is expected to inspire, encourage and help Christian grow in their faith.

However in recent times,we have seen cases in which Gospel artistes are now featuring Circular artistes and still calling it gospel. Lara George featured A Yoruba circular rapper, Lord of Ajasa in one of her songs

KSB ( Kenny Saint brown) has had features with Iceprince,Dagrin,sheyman and Terry G.Frank Edwards was recently featured in Rapper MI album and Gospel rapper ,proverbs did a song with Hiphop head,Vector and TIV. Even in the foreign world,Kirk franklin and lacrae have done a couple collabos with Circular acts.

My question is does the appearance of these circular acts have any effect on the content and inspiration derived from this gospel songs?? Are they worthy to even be called Gospel songs ?? Would you listen to a Gospel song featuring a circular artiste??
Re: The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes by xpac01(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
My brother the thing tire me oo! Desire for material and fame has really eaten into our Gospel studios. Even in churches, you hear singers singing dorobucci and the likes, make me wonder if we sing songs to entertain our flesh or to edify our spirit especially in house of God.
Re: The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Cc lalasticlala,Seun,Ishilove,farano.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

MUST-SEE Picture Of TB Joshua On Instagram / The Testimony Of A Former Muslim Woman Who Turned Christian / Photo:see What A Man Wore To Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.