Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,849 members, 7,882,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted (25656 Views)

Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Crash-photos. / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / Igbinedion University College Of Medicine 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Radiant(f): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2006
whiteroses:

what does efizy mean somebody please reply thanks. if your username is RADIANT don't reply
lol why did you say I shouldn't reply?
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by whiteroses(f): 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2006
i'm scared of you man you call everybody dumbo maybe you know a little more than everybody and you say things that make me feel a little down and i can't cope when people make me feel kinda stupid, i've seen you call people namez like 100th times you know no offence i like you but can't stand attuitude or bossy attd
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Radiant(f): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2006
whiteroses:

i'm scared of you man you call everybody dumbo maybe you know a little more than everybody and you say things that make me feel a little down and i can't cope when people make me feel kind of stupid, i've seen you call people namez like 100th times you know no offence i like you but can't stand attuitude or bossy attd
Awwwwwwww, why would you say that now? cry
I call everybody dumbo? You must be following me around for too long. Lmao grin Sometimes I do it for fun u know. I don't really mean it sometimes. About being bossy, ummm you might be right but I could be very sweet with people too. wink
Sorry about that.Ok?Please don't be scared of me. kiss I'll note your name incase I see your post anywhere so I'll be easy on you. Ok? kiss

Can I now explain to you? wink Efizy means show off as in you flaunt with what you have. May be a nice car, designer wears, a nice phone and all them things. grin
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by whiteroses(f): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2006
ok, i guess we are cool now, you know you do have cool reputation as in being bossy and stuff but watch out for me please, thanks for the translation grin
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Radiant(f): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2006
Ok then grin

Cheers kiss
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by boladonas(m): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2006
My brother became a good person by virtue of IUO
He was relocated to the bush and he faced his studies
They also have a good VC in Prof Eghosa Osagie who was in UI before
I think they are balancing the effizy with serious acada now
IUO is a well respected school by employers.

1 Like

Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by omosefe(f): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2006
@boladonas
tanks man
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Vie(f): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2006
I believe IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, is an okay school in regards to Studies, it may not have the best amenities i agree so its a case of what one deems as important,education or amenities. So far, its the most "liberal " Private University as the others like Babcock, Convenant, Macdonna etc try to conform its students to the religious beliefs of the proprietors, i think that is enslaving the minds of the students and not grooming them.

Secondly, in terms of Accreditation, most Universities that have existed for over 10 years are still to get full accreditation, so why "kill" this baby school for still working on its. Most of its departments however have been fully accredited so far,

Thirdly, its not the lecturers that makes good graduates but rather the hardwork of the graduates themselves and guidelines from their lectures. The school has sent 3 sets of graduates to the law school and the world watched comparing its 2.1 to a 3rd class to schools like Unilag,etc , but 3 times and this last time was a big blow too, its graduates repeated the same good grades even producing a 1st class. Now, the Law School is an open field where all the best and the worst from all universities in Nigeria meet and mentally challenge themsleves, what happened to all the others that did not purchase their degrees or perhaps the graduates of IGBINEDION bought over the Law School too!

Finally,how many of the other private universities is owned and run by one man? Most are by church boards, and social boards so funds is more available as long as people go to church every sunday, pay tithes and give offering.

In a nutshell, all i'm saying is that, the school is not as terrible as people dress it up to be, its like life: you get what you go there expecting thats all.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by whiteroses(f): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2007
how many years does it take to study pharmacy at igbinedion
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by hossy: 12:27am On Apr 27, 2007
actually igbinedion is not really a bad university.my boyfriend is there so i don`t think is dat bad from wat i`ve heard and seen.its a skool 4 the elite.and every goddamn asswhole dats in that skool feels really big as per "i`m in igbinedion university" so don`t try me.mehn i get so disgusted with dat and i mostly tell them to tell wat they are feeling like.i think it`s just ok.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by busygirl(f): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2007
I guess efizzy means "showing off" anyways @the topic, the school is really tight socially believe me,. . .it really takes determination for someone to be there and not get carried away. The only thing that makes the school different from other circular universities is basically their structures,fees and no strikes. I will still choose BABCOCK oR betterstill CONVENANT over igbinedion,  Not all their courses are accredited. Their medicine isn't.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Ollie39: 4:46pm On May 06, 2007
If you have money to waste and don't care about the quality of education you get then it is recommended. My cousin attended for only a term and couldn't wait to get out.

Incidentally, it is not recognized int he UK.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by anusule(m): 11:20pm On May 06, 2007
i heard their medicine is crap sad shocked
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by kaymi(f): 10:23am On May 07, 2007
Hi,
The school is not worth all that stress,i was formerly a student in Igbins.and all was shit.starting from Accommodation to transportation,i can remeber when i was in year one,we were almost 1500 in a class,we were given a big hall for our lectures with no sound system, it was really stressful.In year Two,we were reduced to 600 but increased to 800 after the admission of Direct Entry Student.and then almost all the Health Studies Faculty are not yet accredited.
Even The Good lecturers there have left,Most of the lecturers there now are NYSC coppers.and also as a private school, its not worth it, but you can try it out, no experience is wasted.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by LoVeBoOBS: 2:37am On May 08, 2007
kaymi:

Hi,
The school is not worth all that stress,i was formerly a student in Igbins.and all was shit.starting from Accommodation to transportation,i can remeber when i was in year one,we were almost 1500 in a class,we were given a big hall for our lectures with no sound system, it was really stressful.In year Two,we were reduced to 600 but increased to 800 after the admission of Direct Entry Student.and then almost all the Health Studies Faculty are not yet accredited.
Even The Good lecturers there have left,Most of the lecturers there now are NYSC coppers.and also as a private school, its not worth it, but you can try it out, no experience is wasted.

My ex boyfriend go there and his getting is masters and i heard the school is great
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by anusule(m): 1:20am On May 09, 2007
ex-boyfriend? shocked cool
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jenny2007(f): 10:56am On May 09, 2007
i think dat u all fiercly criticizing the uni suffer from a bit of insecurity. i studied at Igbinedion secondary school but went to the UK for my university studies, and the only negative story that I've heard about it is that, it is quite costly to enroll in. i also think dat it is only those with low self-esteem dat would want to go all the way to change their cars every semester. while at uni in london, we didnt need to dress to impress anyone. everyon1 was only happy to have enough warm clothes to cover up for the winter. in summer too, u wont really find them with heavy make-ups or bum-bearing minis. on the other hand; in naija universities, evry1 dresses like they r in the middle of a night party then they turn round and say that the lecturers are trying to harass them. get a grip!!!
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 4:27am On Jul 06, 2007
Well i was in Igbins and from experience i can say its a good school but like someone said i did prefer ABTI to d school.

Some kain yeye things dey happen and d school is nt dt safe too.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Moyodayo: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2007
igbinedion university is a good school.I have many friends there which are far better than unilag,oau students.Mennn stop given the schl bad name.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by Moyodayo: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2007
Iuo medical schl has produced the 1st graduate.How many private or state universities as a medical schl?Answer me.u fool.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by lowla369: 12:09am On Sep 06, 2007
oh well igbins igbins, i went there and graduated 2 yrs ago and its hmmmmm ok, u guys r right sha but as long as u knw why ure goin there, the structure aint fine sha oooooo,and all dt effizie is jst there as far as im concerned,u can be who u wnt to be, yea enuf rich folks,the school is jst like any other federal uni,u can dress any how and come to class whn u wnt,if u even like dnt come dts ur cup of tea but tell ur friend to be calm and nt get complex at all ooooo.be4 i left there was enuf case of cult so u can as well say ure in uni ben.
oh well i wish u the best of luck grin
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2007
LOL

Igbins Igbins
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jjteen(m): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
igbins is not a plce to be. u may even find out that those writing good abt the school are been paid for it. omo forget that school. more than 4o% of the students there are those whose parents want them yo just attend a school just to hav that paper there. i will not advice ma worst enemy to go there.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by TonyEmeka(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2007
No matter how u guyz criticise the school u have 2 know that all organisations has their up's and down's k. even we as humans do too,
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jjteen(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2007
its tru that every organization has its own ups and down but the school gives the people high hopes and at the very end whn u have paid all that is required u find out that 80% of what u heard happens to be false. How can a school like igbins not have water supply for the students, we have generators that is on fuctional whn the NUC is coming or whn there is an event. The ups and downs in schools are limited but in igbins its unlimited. The school can just wake up one day and do wht ever they like no knowing that its the students that make up the school.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by samix(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2007
its really absurd to hear people condemn a school, i happen to be a graduate of Ambrose Alli University where i  spent almost 7years to study just a 5year course(without xtra year) and to get Nysc posting took about a year thanks to the school authority's lackadaisical attitude towards their jobs. I happen to have a younger brother in Igbinedion studying medicine, he only complains about infrastructure but never complained about the equipments on hand for practical in their teaching hospital and i bet several medical students in his level don't know half of what he does. The school never forced anybody to buy admission form nor forced goddamn person to pay tuition fee+accommodation fee. its if u're capable of paying you go to the school. The school is bad, YES it is but which school is good all rounder. i bet your school is the worst of all. Who went to a school where lecturers are not blocked(bribed) to pass? all your beefing for the school is just out of foolishness, u say u can't send your child to a private school, pray you don't get poor because its if you are that the thought of sending your child to a private school will never come.
The School is good , the School is bad and so Bleep it guys
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by chazy4real(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2007
undecidedI was offered admission into the school in their post ume, but from majority of what I have read, I am worried about all the highlife and so on. Can you still be yourself if you enter the school if you want
Undecided
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jjteen(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2007
samix:

its really absurd to hear people condemn a school, i happen to be a graduate of Ambrose Alli University where i spent almost 7years to study just a 5year course(without xtra year) and to get Nysc posting took about a year thanks to the school authority's lackadaisical attitude towards their jobs. I happen to have a younger brother in Igbinedion studying medicine, he only complains about infrastructure but never complained about the equipments on hand for practical in their teaching hospital and i bet several medical students in his level don't know half of what he does. The school never forced anybody to buy admission form nor forced goddamn person to pay tuition fee+accommodation fee. its if u're capable of paying you go to the school. The school is bad, YES it is but which school is good all rounder. i bet your school is the worst of all. Who went to a school where lecturers are not blocked(bribed) to pass? all your beefing for the school is just out of foolishness, u say u can't send your child to a private school, pray you don't get poor because its if you are that the thought of sending your child to a private school will never come.
The School is good , the School is bad and so mess it guys
ITS ONLY WHN PEOPLE SAY THE TRUTH THAT U CALL IT FOOLISHNESS. u did not even attend the school and u are here sayn what u dont know. GUY EVAPORATE
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by 9ja4eva: 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2007
jjteen:

igbins is not a plce to be. u may even find out that those writing good about the school are been paid for it. omo forget that school. more than 4o% of the students there are those whose parents want them yo just attend a school just to hav that paper there. i will not advice ma worst enemy to go there.

I dont think u r right
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jjteen(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2007
well i think u were once in the school and since uv left lots of things have happened.
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by samix(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2007
jjteen:

ITS ONLY WHN PEOPLE SAY THE TRUTH THAT You CALL IT FOOLISHNESS. u did not even attend the school and u are here sayn what u don't know. GUY EVAPORATE

\jjteen or whoever u r, u are a dumbass and i don't blame u.which school did u attend, one bleeped up school init? punkass
Re: Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted by jjteen(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2007
(SAMIX)I THINK URE PROBLEM IS LACK OF EXPOSURE AND KNOWLEDGE. PEOPLE OF UER KIND ARENT SURPOSE TO BE HERE. dim-witted animal like u.
samix:

\jjteen or whoever you're, u are a dumbass and i don't blame u.which school did u attend, one bleeped up school init? punkass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Shocking Facts About Afe Babalola University / Sale Murtala Dandashire: 2019 ABU Best Graduating Medical Student With 14 Awards / UNICAL Students Celebrate Their Graduation In Style (phtos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.