Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,175 members, 7,988,047 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:51 PM

Addiction Myth:you May Be An Addict If.... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Addiction Myth:you May Be An Addict If.... (355 Views)

The Truth About Addiction / See What Hard Drugs Did To An Addict- Graphic Photos / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Addiction Myth:you May Be An Addict If.... by diet29(f): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2015
People can be addicted to different things, it could be drugs, alcohol and other weird stuffs like inhaling poo!..oh yes, I mean poo.

Also, your doctor can prescribe a particular medicine, the thinking goes, how can it possibly be harmful? if it wasn't harmful, the physician wouldn't prescribe it. Many very helpful medications commonly prescribed by doctors are safe if you take them exactly the the way it should be taken. If taken in higher dosages or for a longer time, however, these same medications can quickly turn addictive and even lethal because they affect the same brain area as crack drugs.

Another bad source of addiction is alcohol, some people can down heavy crates of booze or a bottle of wine like it's no big deal, and they will insist that they're not alcoholics. "After all, I'm not stumbling and falling around or dragging my words or blacking out," they usually say. "I have a high tolerance, a strong system."(what ever that means...Lol)

In reality, their words show just the opposite. They do have serious wahala, in fact, a really big one.

......to be continued

(1) (Reply)

Janu-sirasana-pose / Home Remedies / Online Pharmaceutical Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.