Stats: 3,179,065 members, 7,906,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? (980 Views)

What Was Obasanjo's Achievement In The South West For 11 Years As A Leader? / The Strong Men Behind Buhari (Photos) / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by linusmark: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
main looking at things, I conclude that PDP lost this Election because of Obasanjo's defect.

Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by NewsEmpireNG(f): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
Yers... Somehow....

Southwest dont take no thr**h

Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Afam4eva(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
I was actually waiting for someone to say this so that i can nip it in the bud before it escalates into another brand of delusion.

No, Obasanjo is not a strong pillar of his house let alone PDP. Jonathan lost because he failed and it was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Obasanjo's defection had little or no effect.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by IfyAwazie(f): 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Power of a God father.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Boss13: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2015
Yes Obasanjo is very relevant and a good campaigner plus he has good relationship with political elites. The man has staunch supporters and friends (home and abroad).

The worst thing jonathan did was ignore his advice and listen to wicked aides trying hard to severe their relationship. Obasanjo saw all these and warned him. Please read his books you will understand better

Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Theultimate(m): 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
Take it OR Leave it., he knows how to handle northerner leaders than anyone in Nigeria. Take Niger, Kaduna, Jigawa et all where PDP is ruling as case study.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
Afam4eva:
I was actually waiting for someone to say this so that i can nip it in the bud before it escalates into another brand of delusion.

No, Obasanjo is not a strong pillar of his house let alone PDP. Jonathan lost because he failed and it was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Obasanjo's defection had little or no effect.

You sure ?

Obj categorically said the next president of Nigeria is Buhari. So how else could that have happened if he wasn't a factor ?

Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by eukpoju: 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
Yes. GEJ failed because he Disappointed the People that voted for him in 2011.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Afam4eva(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You sure ?

Obj categorically said the next president of Nigeria is Buhari. So how else could that have happened if he wasn't a factor ?
maybe because he said it, we shouldn't have gone to the polling unit. The way some of you talk makes you look like kids. Like WTF? Prophet Obasanjo said it and it happened? Really?
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by bobcharly(m): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2015
When i was busy
chasing,chyking,pursuing and following
Zara Buhari from pillar to post to be my
girlfriend, people think say i don mad
finish....but now, our(me and zara)story
don change for good...she is now the
first daughter of this nation....and that
makes me....the 'first boyfriend' of
naija..
#babanowthatyouarehere....bless this
union o..
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Oyinprince(m): 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Rubbish!

Even if he remained, PDP would have still lost this election, he had been less active in the party already. His deflection was just a silly drama
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
he is a snake
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
Baba. Iyabo already knw PDP no go win
Dem don become Opposition party nw
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by linusmark: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
obasanjo is the strongest politician Nigeria ever have. he has never been a looser and can never be grin
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by oduastates: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Obasanjo did the foreign hit on Jonathan under the guise of promoting a book.
All the tough talk coming from America and UK were obj's hit job.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by reporter1: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Obasanjo by far was the rock behind PDP -he was their glue that binds them and many are very loyal to him and dare not cross him.

He is the bull that whips the errant PDP politician to tow the line. This is what Jonathan could not do.
He could not keep his house together because he has no clout. The issue of managing a political party transcends votes.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
Afam4eva:

maybe because he said it, we shouldn't have gone to the polling unit. The way some of you talk makes you look like kids. Like WTF? Prophet Obasanjo said it and it happened? Really?

Yes because he has the ability to influence even across party lines. Ogun and oyo states voted massively for Apc despite the fact that there is competition in those states. Oyo had Labour in ogbomosho axis controlled by Akala, Accord controlled by Ladoja, Folarin controls PDP while the governor controls Apc yet Ibadan pulled that figure for Apc.

You can't underscore Obj's relevance whether you like him or despise him.
Re: Was Obasanjo Really The Strong Pillar Of PDP? by crownprince102: 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2015
[b]I think Obasanjo was one, not the only pillars in PDP.

Jonathan failed because he forgot the origin and the root of what led him to the position of presidency.

An adage say; "a river that forgets it origin definitely dries up". GEJ forgot Obasanjo by God's grace made him what he is today.

If not for that, Jonathan will never for once in his life think of contesting for presidency. He won't even win PDP primary.

Obasanjo is a monster as they call him; "Ebora Owu" which mean "Monster of Owu". You don't end up defeating him. He won't say a word till he finish you slowly and completely.

PDP consist of different cannibals of people who are very violent in nature. Obasanjo ensures that their is corporate understanding in the party even with the member's nature.

After he was removed as chairman of PDP board of trustees, without doing anything, PDP divided into two. This is all because, Obasanjo was one of the foundation of PDP, he knows the beggining.

Jonathan's poor performance and non-availability of strong political personalities made him loose. Jonathan also want to be like OBJ and IBB who are godfathers in Nigerian politics.

Jonathan failed because he shows no respect to elders. His board member pushed him to do what he could never think of and there he is today.

Learn from him or share his fate.[/b]

Pastors That Saw Nothing / Igbos in Lagos Getting Ready For The Lagoon Tomorrow / Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections