Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,918 members, 7,915,666 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:49 AM

Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda (700 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March / Syrian Rebel Leader Cuts Out Government Soldier's Heart & Eat Alive (gory Video) / Libya Rebel Leader Had Al Qaeda Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by muhsin(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009; Page A16
CONGO
Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested in Rwanda

Tutsi rebel leader Laurent Nkunda was arrested in Rwandan territory after he tried to resist a joint Rwandan-Congolese military operation in eastern Congo, the operation's joint command said Friday. The operation was launched this week to hunt Rwandan Hutu rebels operating in Congo.

More than 3,500 Rwandan troops have crossed the border to assist Congolese government forces trying to disarm the Hutu rebels.

U.N. peacekeepers in Congo pressed Thursday for a role in the operation, saying they feared for the fate of civilians otherwise.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/22/AR2009012203753.html
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by waleab: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2009
rightly so. he should be tried as quick as possible and sent to his early grave. this idiot has too much blood on his hands.
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by Mpele(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2009
Good for him!!
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2009
Yes saw it on CNN this morning!.

Good for the region, at least one of the obstacles to peace  is gone.
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by superboi(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2009
LESSON: do not dance with obasanjo grin. if not u be caught
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by muhsin(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2009
superboi:

Isn't OBJ there to engineer peace-talk not 'arrest-talk', bros? Its not his effort byproduct that Nkunda was captured, I think.
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by superboi(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2009
i didn't say obj led to arrest. i just said he danced with obj. after recieving a bigman like obj i think nkuda began thinking too much of himself and lost the repect of his troop, imagine rebel leader dancing with ex-leader who bombs out militants villages in his country, what message are you sending to your troops?
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by GoldCircle: 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2009
Good news indeed! The good times are here again! "Nkunda is on the wrong part of history" grin grin
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by RichyBlacK(m): 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2009
Good news!

Next is the LRA. Those children of Satan must be stopped!
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by 4Play(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2009
I'm quite surprised the Rwandans would arrest him . I suppose they have caved in to Western pressure.

It would be interesting to see what measures they will take against him but the prospect of the Rwandan and Congolese military working together against the Hutu and Tutsi militia bodes well for the region.
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by davidif: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2009
woooow, i couldn't believe this could happen, considering how powerful Nkunda is and that even Paul Kagame ( a tutsi himself) ordered the capture of another tutsi. He probably did it to restore his reputation in the world and save face.
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by bawomolo(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2009
actually nkunda's rebel group splintered into another rebel group so his influence became weaker. That made it easier to catch him. this is good news for the region
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by Muza(m): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2009
superboi:

when i saw the guy dancing with Obj,i cudnt help but pity the guy,
If only he new that if u dance with Obj u will get caught he would never hav attempted to dance,
Probably he never heard of fani kayode,Bode,borishade,nuhu,el rufai. . .etc
Re: Rebel Leader Nkunda Arrested In Rwanda by tpia: 2:47am On Jan 25, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Deploy Troops To Somalia / Haitians In United States Illegally Can Stay / Senator Evan Bayh Retires: Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.