Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! (682 Views)

Former President Jonathan Remains My Son. / John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by Jman06(m): 11:36am On Apr 01, 2015
Well it is unfortunate that our amiable President Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan lost his second term bid to the gang up of the northern and southwestern oligarchs, but his name will forever remain in the anals of Nigerian history as one President who enthroned true democracy in the country.

My dear President, you lost the election not because you are not sgood enough for the job you are doing, but because those who wanted power at all cost used what I'd describe as scare tactics to intimidate majority of the chicken-hearted southwesterners into aligning with them to return power to the north. The reason for their action was never to better the country but to return power to the north!

They used different media channels to unleash campaigns of calumny against your government, making it look like you are not doing anything, whereas your various developmental projects are glaring and h ave been acknowledged by the few discerning Nigerians like myself.They succeeded in desceiving some gullible Nigerians who thought it is ever possible for a government to throw manners to them on demand, especially in a country like ours. I just laugh at the quantum of disappointments that await such people.

In summary sir, I want you to be rest assured that you have endeared yourself to me and to other Nigerian people who are reasonable enough to acknowledge your monumental achievements in office. I shall pass the message to my unborn children that a colossus like you once led this country and did so in a manner that none of your predecessors equaled.

You shall live long sir and will continue to excel in all your endeavors.

Bravo! my dear GEJ!

From an ardent GEJite.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2015
tongue
Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by StarFist(m): 11:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Nice one bro!
Jman06:
Well it is unfortunate that our amiable President Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan lost his second term bid to the gang up of the northern and southwestern oligarchs, but his name will forever remain in the anals of Nigerian history as one President who enthroned true democracy in the country.

My dear President, you lost the election not because you are not sgood enough for the job you are doing, but because those who wanted power at all cost used what I'd describe as scare tactics to intimidate majority of the chicken-hearted southwesterners into aligning with them to return power to the north. The reason for their action was never to better the country but to return power to the north!

They used different media channels to unleash campaigns of calumny against your government, making it look like you are not doing anything, whereas your various developmental projects are glaring and h ave been acknowledged by the few discerning Nigerians like myself.They succeeded in desceiving some gullible Nigerians who thought it is ever possible for a government to throw manners to them on demand, especially in a country like ours. I just laugh at the quantum of disappointments that await such people.

In summary sir, I want you to be rest assured that you have endeared yourself to me and to other Nigerian people who are reasonable enough to acknowledge your monumental achievements in office. I shall pass the message to my unborn children that a colossus like you once led this country and did so in a manner that none of your predecessors equaled.

You shall live long sir and will continue to excel in all your endeavors.

Bravo! my dear GEJ!

From an ardent GEJite.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by tandoe: 11:54am On Apr 01, 2015
His name has been written in gold beside Africans greatest hero's the likes of Nelson Mandela

A true democrat though I will never allow somebody to oust me out of power. God forbid democracy my foot

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by Jman06(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2015
tandoe:

A true democrat though I will never allow somebody to oust me out of power. God forbid democracy my foot
The truth is that while he was playing fair, the opposition was busy playing the foul politics that Nigeria was known for before Jonathan's government. But in any case, it is better for him and for the country the way he conceded to allow peace to reign.

Though he lost the Nigerian presidential election, he as earned a respectable place in international politics and endeared himself to the hearts of many. That's far better than being the Nigerian President! That's the bigger picture that some people are not seeing now.
Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by socialmediaman: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2015
Jman06:

[s]My dear President, you lost the election not because you are not sgood enough for the job you are doing, but because those who wanted power at all cost used what I'd describe as scare tactics to intimidate majority of the chicken-hearted southwesterners into aligning with them to return power to the north. The reason for their action was never to better the country but to return power to the north! [/s]

[s]They used different media channels to unleash campaigns of calumny against your government, making it look like you are not doing anything, whereas your various developmental projects are glaring and h ave been acknowledged by the few discerning Nigerians like myself.They succeeded in deceiving some gullible Nigerians who thought it is ever possible for a government to throw manners to them on demand, especially in a country like ours. I just laugh at the quantum of disappointments that await such people.
[/s]

This was exactly why the President lost re-election, because people like you will never be truthful to themselves. People like you are the ones who surround the president.

If you may recall, as far back as 2011, Nigerians were already tired of the PDP, but they overwhelmingly voted for Jonathan. All they wanted from him was simple; institute a systemic reform and better the lives of millions of Nigerians who voted him into power.

But what did we experience? Corruption tripled, and the most disappointing aspect was, Jonathan protected corrupt people. He misunderstood kindness for good leadership. The worst thing you can do as a leader is to tolerate the corrupt excesses of your subordinates. If you want to succeed in leadership, you have to be decisive and you have be impartial, not encouraging impunity and indiscipline. You end up hurting your reputation, and when it happens, those you protected will immediately leave you

Did you see how the corrupt cabals he protected immediately switched sides? I saw Otedola and co going to pay homage to the incoming president. These are the same class of people who held Nigeria hostage at the oil sector, the same class of people whom the president tried to avoid hurting their interests. Nigerians cried and cried to the president to fight corruption, the subsidy should not be more than 200 billion if it even exists, fight the corruption and expose the scam, do not hurt Nigerians by removing it because we all know that removing the subsidy completely will lead to hoarding and scarcity that will shoot up the price of the product again

How many votes did Abba Moro deliver for Jonathan? the man who caused the unnecessary death of over 20 people during the immigration job scam, and even spited them by saying "they died because they were impatient".

If you dont know, know it now that the president lost election out of his own making. If not for the hatred and fear that was preached into the minds of people from the south east, i bet you, Jonathan wouldn't have scored up to 20% of votes in this election.

He may be your hero, yes i know he did some good things for thousands of people. I know he was good to many people, but leadership wise, he failed woefully. It should be a lesson to many. Goodluck may only get you somewhere, but hardwork is what keeps you there.

Except you hate Nigerians, which i am sure alot of people like you do, you should appreciate the level of suffering and hardships caused by his weak leadership on millions of Nigerians. In a country overflowing with excessive oil revenue, millions of Nigerians could not feel the impact, only few thousands felt it, no meaningful jobs created, unemployment was dealing a blow on our rich economy, while our money was being wasted by few people who could not be controlled by a president who had much work on his hands to do.

Only selfish people who do not care about Nigerians believe the president did a good job. The only major honourable thing which our president did was to give way for someone else to try to save the mess which he couldnt do. Do not wish Jonathan on Nigerians again please. Presidency is about you and me, not them. So if you care more for the president than millions of Nigerians who elected him, you are very selfish and unpatriotic.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by Jman06(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
socialmediaman:

This was exactly why the President lost re-election, because people like you will never be truthful to themselves. People like you are the ones who surround the president.

If you may recall, as far back as 2011, Nigerians were already tired of the PDP, but they overwhelmingly voted for Jonathan. All they wanted from him was simple; institute a systemic reform and better the lives of millions of Nigerians who voted him into power.

But what did we experience? Corruption tripled, and the most disappointing aspect was, Jonathan protected corrupt people. He misunderstood kindness for good leadership. The worst thing you can do as a leader is to tolerate the corrupt excesses of your subordinates. If you want to succeed in leadership, you have to be decisive and you have be impartial, not encouraging impunity and indiscipline. You end up hurting your reputation, and when it happens, those you protected will immediately leave you

Did you see how the corrupt cabals he protected immediately switched sides? I saw Otedola and co going to pay homage to the incoming president. These are the same class of people who held Nigeria hostage at the oil sector, the same class of people whom the president tried to avoid hurting their interests. Nigerians cried and cried to the president to fight corruption, the subsidy should not be more than 200 billion if it even exists, fight the corruption and expose the scam, do not hurt Nigerians by removing it because we all know that removing the subsidy completely will lead to hoarding and scarcity that will shoot up the price of the product again

How many votes did Abba Moro deliver for Jonathan? the man who caused the unnecessary death of over 20 people during the immigration job scam, and even spited them by saying "they died because they were impatient".

If you dont know, know it now that the president lost election out of his own making. If not for the hatred and fear that was preached into the minds of people from the south east, i bet you, Jonathan wouldn't have scored up to 20% of votes in this election.

He may be your hero, yes i know he did some good things for thousands of people. I know he was good to many people, but leadership wise, he failed woefully. It should be a lesson to many. Goodluck may only get you somewhere, but hardwork is what keeps you there.

Except you hate Nigerians, which i am sure alot of people like you do, you should appreciate the level of suffering and hardships caused by his weak leadership on millions of Nigerians. In a country overflowing with excessive oil revenue, millions of Nigerians could not feel the impact, only few thousands felt it, no meaningful jobs created, unemployment was dealing a blow on our rich economy, while our money was being wasted by few people who could not be controlled by a president who had much work on his hands to do.

Only selfish people who do not care about Nigerians believe the president did a good job. The only major honourable thing which our president did was to give way for someone else to try to save the mess which he couldnt do. Do not wish Jonathan on Nigerians again please. Presidency is about you and me, not them. So if you care more for the president than millions of Nigerians who elected him, you are very selfish and unpatriotic.
you are the one who is very selfish and unpatriotic for not acknowledging a good leader when you had one. Let me inform you that these 4 years will pass with no meaningful achievement from Buhari and the APC. Then you will appreciate the good works of Jonathan's government.
Re: Jonathan Remains My Hero!!! by socialmediaman: 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jman06:
you are the one who is very selfish and unpatriotic for not acknowledging a good leader when you had one. Let me inform you that these 4 years will pass with no meaningful achievement from Buhari and the APC. Then you will appreciate the good works of Jonathan's government.

Maybe you confuse kindness and lack of will with good leadership. You cannot be kind to people who are impoverishing others. Even our creator himself gets angry with us and punishes us when the cries of those whom we do injustice to gets to him. Nigerians have been suffering the recklessness of government while you sit there talking about good leadership. A good leader must warn and dethrone his subordinates for impunity, not cover them up and 'not give a damn'. Now where are those whom the president was protecting when he inflicted more pain on Nigerians with the petrol subsidy? are they not the ones i saw taking photo shots with the new president elect? Once a leader misplaces his priorities and allows himself to be taken away completely from the people he governs, he loses it. Jonathan is a good man, perfect for a husband and for friends, but he was a very bad leader, very poor records as president, you have to distinguish both clearly.

(1) (Reply)

Good News For PDP / Osinbajo: We Will Turn This Country Around / Jonathan And Family Move Out Of Aso Rock Ahead Of May 29 Handover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.