Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter (1138 Views)

1$ At 180 Tweet, Ben Bruce And Others Come For Die Hard APC Supporter / Welcoming Of Aisha Buhari From Hajj In Saudi Arabia / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sir,

Congratulations on your well fought victory. Without wasting much of our time, I wish to highlight a few salient points as a concerned member of the polity.

1. As you can see from the euphoria that has greeted your victory, the desire for change is huge and the expectations almost unrealistic.
I know that politicians all over the globe pretend like they can turn water into wine. However, sir, the weight on your shoulder is enormous. To stand a chance with the masses, it will have to not be business as usual.

2. Talking of business as usual, we cannot deny that when a southerner is at the head of government in the center, the entire presidency and auxillary agencies are filled with folks from his area. Same happens when it is a northerner. However, this time the cry for change that has swept you into office is a change from the days of nepotism and parochial interests over the common good of the masses. Please sir, vital government agencies must not be led by anything less than the best (as long as they are willing to work with you). Political interests would be rewarded and ethnic sentiments respected but service delivery must not be sacrificed in the process.

3. Talking of assembling the best, a lot of negative things can be said about the leader of your party; BAT. However one thing even his worst critic concede is that the man has an eye for talent. Kindly consider his input in this regard.

4. The masses sincerely hope that the conciliatory note you have been sounding since yesterday will be replicated across the rank and file of your party and leadership. There is too much work to be done and no room for snide mundane talk.

5. Sir, we are used to a new government rubbishing all that the predecessor did. Jonathan was not an unqualified failure, his ministers were not all conduit pipes of corruption. A few started enviable long term plans that could yield huge gains for the good of the masses. Kindly consider continuing these and better still bring the architects on board to be a part of your administration. I am specifically talking about Mr. Akinwumi Adesina and Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe. Fortunately, both are professionals who have not become unduly partisan during the last government.

6. Please be very conscious of your speech. The sharia comment you made years back has been used as a weapon for your back. We will not be as forgiving if such repeats itself in future. It might be your desire to have sharia all over the globe, however as our president you will need to curb such desires to match our constitution.

7. Talking of religion, please send a bill to the NASS a week after resumption that will ensure the scrapping of the pilgrims board. Encourage governors to scrap same in each of their states. The state has no business sponsoring any man to any land.

8. Sir, we have elected you and not your wife. This apt reminder must never be forgotten.

9. I wish to return to that issue of euphoria I mentioned earlier. The excitement in the air is almost intoxicating. Try to promise less and deliver more. Do not buy into the hype, you are not a miracle worker.

10. If there is one place we need transformation, it is in our federal civil service. For too long it has been a cesspool of corruption. If you must deliver the change you have been voted for, that place must be cleaned up. Sir, may I humbly suggest you look no further than the gentleman called BRF. He is no saint but his administrate a behemoth is clear. Much more, he is equipped to deliver a master plan. Equip him with far reaching powers and let us clean up our federal civil service. Without this, service delivery is dead on arrival.

11. Sir, you have an incredibly intelligent vice president. One of almost impeccable integrity. Never have we had a vice president as the one by your side today. Please make use of all that ability. His records are proven as the transformation of the Lagos judiciary can attest to.

12. A fact that is not often spoken about in the election is how much our security agencies have been compromised and unashamedly partisan. The change we seek must start from a transformation of our security forces. From the police to the military to our intelligence agencies. I know they must be aligned to the power of the day but we must balance such with a great dose of professionalism. Security forces that trample on the law of the land to protect individuals rather than organs of state must be a thing of the past. Such might be the order of the day in South Africa but must not be a trend here. Please lay the foundation for the building of strong institutions at the expense of strong men.

13. Talking of security, Boko Haram is still around the corner. We need a concrete plan. It will not be easy but it must be done. I think our Chibok girls are gone but going forward we do not want anymore girls or boys going missing and if they do you must not go partying nor should you go to bed without it being handled as an emergency that it will be.

14. Talking of losses, the sort of stampede that happened under the watch of Abba Moro must not repeat itself. If systems fail and something of such nature occurs, we expect heads to roll. No arguments about it. If it means changing your cabinet every week, so be it.

15. Finally, sir forget this talk of job creation. Create NEPA (pardon the pun) and the jobs will create themselves.

Sir, enjoy the next seven weeks, they will be the most restful of the next four years!!

2 Likes

Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Sweetguy25: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Delusions.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Janet101(f): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ok.. Noted
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
You should post this on his page
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
naijababe:
You should post this on his page
Which page?
I no dey twitter or FB.
You can help us forward it to him.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
mbulela:

Which page?
I no dey twitter or FB.
You can help us forward into him.

FB!

I will copy paste with you permission
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
naijababe:

FB!

I will copy paste with you permission
Carry go.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Done!
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by iaatmguy(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
This is truly a concerned supporter, no tribalism, no bigotry, you are a NIGERIAN, good people, great nation, Frontpage PLS I posted THIS on my Facebook wall. Am sorry for not seeking permission, I was carried away by the positivity of this write-up
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
naijababe:
Done!

Thanks
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by gratiaeo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Buhari must bring back our girls and the whole world. We are watching
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by esere826: 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
mbulela:
Sir,

15. Finally, sir forget this talk of job creation. Create NEPA (pardon the pun) and the jobs will create themselves.

Nice, but just wondering

Where do you guys get this idea that electricity equates to abundant jobs in Nigeria?
do you guys have empirical evidence supporting this claim?

If my memory serves me correctly, Greece has little or no issues with electricity, however, its rate of unemployment is high

..and by the way
loose the "sir", "sir" bit
it feels to civil service-ish grin
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
I feel your point about the 'sir' but I'll rather use that than use General or Dear president-elect. Nothing sycophantic whatsoever.

On the issue of electricity, it is a practical point evident in the billions spent in individual power generation by business enterprises, from large scale organisations to the smallest enterprises. The cost of electricity is a huge barrier to entry in every business sector in the country andbitnwill is a non brained that addressing this perennial problem will have address multiplier effect to job creation. As we know, got has no business creating jobs. All it has to do is create an enabling environment and maintain pro-business macro economic policies.

Two quick points; the kind of jobs govt creates is the type Greek govt has been creating for years and their economic woes of the last few years have exposed.

For empirical evidence of jobs and electricity, please see the economic impact of Eskom's recent failures in South Africa.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
A quick point; electricity does not equate abundant jobs.
Rather a lack of electricity stifles job creation exceedingly.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by esere826: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
mbulela:

.....For empirical evidence of jobs and electricity, please see the economic impact of Eskom's recent failures in South Africa.

please do you have a link to a specific web page that I can access for the information for some critical analysis

I ask this because there's a plethora of material out there about Eskom and its link to the economy
much like there's a tonne of materials out there about governance in nigeria and its link to the economy

You'd agree with me that such generalizing although having some truism
does not help in identifying the exact "hows", "whys" and "so whats" which are necessary for rigour in strategizing

For example, it would be naive to simply say "good governance would lead to jobs"
yes, it sounds like a reasonable conclusion, but how rigorous is this?

Does this mean that once jobs are not created that there was no good governance, or that once jobs are created, then there is good governance? what is good governance?

You can see why I would be reluctant to feel confident that electricity almost equates to jobs
although this is a popular "rumor" on the streets
...before electricity was invented there must have bee cities with lots of jobs

I'd rather that electricity and jobs be separately dealt with
even if they might have some inter relationship
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by mbulela: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
esere826:

please do you have a link to a specific web page that I can access for the information for some critical analysis

I ask this because there's a plethora of material out there about Eskom and its link to the economy
much like there's a tonne of materials out there about governance in nigeria and its link to the economy

does not help in identifying the exact "hows", "whys" and "so whats" which are necessary for rigour in strategizing

For example, it would be naive to simply say "good governance would lead to jobs"

Does this mean that once jobs are not created that there was no good governance, or that once jobs are created, then there is good governance? what is good governance?

You can see why I would be reluctant to feel confident that electricity almost equates to jobs

Very interesting argument you've got here.
I will revert later.
However, I appreciate your viewpoint.
Re: A Plea To Buhari From A Concerned Supporter by Sweetguy25: 11:33am On Apr 05, 2015
esere826:

Reasonable posers you raised.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Awarded The Hero Of Nigerian Democracy By NUS / President Buahari Yet To Make Any Appointment? / Photos 4rm Pastor Adeboye's Wife 67th Birthday Celebration+Adeboye's Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.