Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari (48895 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Economic Realities: The Way Forward For President-elect Muhammadu Buhari / EMBARRASSING! CNN Interviews Soldiers On Front Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by vantage7: 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
manck2:
[b][size=18pt][s]The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner...

Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo Vs shagari under Justice Akinjide case) (reason why this law, is because of tribalism in nigeria.)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.

Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.[/s][/size][/b]

[size=14pt]Nigerians displaying their ignorance in public since 1900.

Simple English!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2267057_screenshot20150331172420_pngecb08fe81c5ecff6a24554eee17d7fbc

Original document on INEC website:

http://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/FINAL-Approved-2015-Election-Guidelines-as-signed-PDF.pdf[/size]

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by SFAX: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
Is only the new generation can change Nigeria, Buhari is the same story like others he can't change anything in four years so every body should bear that in mind,change is just a political terms,These are the same group that hijack Nigeria and keep Nigeria in decay mode till today.. embarassed tongue

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by kindnyce(m): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
CNN interviews a former coup plotter and dictator who has morphed into a fake democrat.

Gen Buhari will turn out to be a big disappointment.

ENVY AND HATE

YOU LEFT IT TOO LATE

SAI BUHARI...

HATERS GO N DIE

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
CNN interviews a former coup plotter and dictator who has morphed into a fake democrat.

All you naysayers will be put to SHAME!!!!! Yeah I said it! Mark my word! Bunch of pessimistics! GMB won't be a disappointment. #Sai Baba

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by ooshinibos: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.
really !!!! we shall see ...

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by dmitroika(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Nigerians should brace up for the worse because this doesn't look good from his utterances and bodylanguage...He still arrogant,obstinate and illiterate.

We need that arrogance bro, atleast Nigeria can be respected (even if not loved) once again. Not a Jonathan that tells Obama to help him to fix Nigeria and is being ignored by foreign leaders.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by philips70(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
BRAV0O:
u ar a phool! Na u know how to tackle nigeria problem ?

There's no gaining in quoting idiots especially in these very trying times for them. Some have just lost a day job.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by 2kris(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
smurfy:
The interview was conducted by Christianne Amanpour. It ended at 7:30 pm of 1st April.

In the interview, Buhari refutes general allegations of not being a democrat stressing the fact that he'd followed due process in the past elections that he lost.

On how he planned to tackle economic challenges in the face of dwindling oil prices, the general stressed that the money saved from corruption and other avenues are enough to handle the country's economic challenges.
gej our hero

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
REALCHANGE20151:
This moniker was registered today; I hope it doesn't belong to a former GEJ supporter. Anyways, CHANGE is here!

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by tit(f): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
digitalembrace:
Loving the outfit

is it an aso ebi parade?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Boss13: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
The man is on a ghen ghen things. I believe he has no clue on how to solve the economic woos but this man is serious about corruption. Well we voted him to curb corruption, please let him do likewise.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Skoopy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:

Park well

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by andyanders: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
Only if Tinubu will allow him use the money he recovered. Tinubu is a smart and slippery character and can do anything to acquire wealth.Buhari should even be more careful with Tinubu as he can plan to do away with Buhari by k..... and now find a replacement that will give him way to embezzle money.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wadraj:
No time! The work has started already!

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere appoint Prof. Jega as Efcc Chairman and Prof. Dibu Ojerinde as Education minister.

What post do you see Fashola holding?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Defcon1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
macfarland:
I am Embracing Change because of the
following:
1. Naira will be equal to Dollar.
2. Orijin will be ban and Kunu will become
National drink of Nigeria.
3. One free meal a day - I can enter any
restaurant in the next 100 days.
4. Oil price will stabilize.
5. Corrupt Politicians will change or go to jail
forever.
6. Refineries will start working and more will
come on.
7. Second Niger bridge will be completed
without toll.
8. Nigeria airways will come to life again.
9. 1.2 million jobs for the youth in the next 100
days.
10. Our girls will return.
11. Boko haram will disappear ... Please add
your own, I will send the list. to the game
Changer My new Presido. We are moving
forward!
What's your weed's brand ?
Colombian or Mexican??

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by shidof(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
#ichidodo, changing of moniker doesn't change ur hatred and ur miserable lyf. weda u lyk it or nt. He's nw ur president. Ua jst a deluded and aa lost soul, it will tek more dan a deliverance to safe u.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by lamiwale(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:

why such bitterness?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
smurfy:

What post do you see Fashola holding?

Can't even say.
That Nigga is workaholic...he fits almost every portfolio.

What's your own guess?

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by successhunter: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
Bifwoli:

Though your comment made me laughed but I must tell you to wait a little before criticizing. He is not going to work along for goodness sake.
If you want us to start now then brace up.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by digitalembrace(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
tit:

is it an aso ebi parade?

You don't like it?
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Buhari should ignore these evil people. They never wished us well. I hope he avoids all the thieves from the west. There's work to be done. There is no time for niceties.

Go to work, baba.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by indeed123: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:

Igbo people, una don start again o.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by successhunter: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
manck2:
[b][size=18pt]The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner...

Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo Vs shagari under Justice Akinjide case) (reason why this law, is because of tribalism in nigeria.)

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority .
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.

Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.[/size][/b]

Is okay........keep hoping.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
bxcode:
The money saved from corruption? Okay o. Lemme reserve my comments for now. Good bless Nigeria. undecided
grin grin grin grin grin. He is going to be the worst democratic president of Nigeria, ever!
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by successhunter: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
ekemini84:
Dummy! why post a pic? Why not the video so Nigerians can hear your generals response to hard hitting questions. Real hard questions you shitty chicken press couldn't ask.

Do you have regrets for your past misdeed as a dictator and those who were wrongfully imprison ?(paraphrased)

No they were drug traffickers lol!
Who made u judge?

What is worst than a clueless president?
An unrepentant dictator.

You better get used to situation on ground except you want to be pained throughout next four years.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by ladi02(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Sheriff19: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
. Either you vote him or u don't is time to let go of our difference and support him even thou I don't vote for him I pray he make up to his promises and mostly I pray I will ve reason to praise the lord for new wonderfull tin he is going to do for during GMB tenure. God bless GEJ, God GMB God bless Nigeria and all in all God Bless me and My Family. #BABANOWTHATYOUARETHERE. Let those who voted nd not vote for u feel the Good change.
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by sphinx54: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Both you and the buffoons that liked your post are extremely deranged and PAINED!!! Heheheheheheheheheheheehehehehe...

1 Like

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by shedyman: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
How on earth will money saved from corruption raise the needed funds for a country?

Whilst I admit curbing corruption can save the country some funds but am at a loss as to how such sum will be enough to salvage the economic woes of a nation of 170 Million people.

Am still skeptically watching GBM on 3D, I just hope the masses made the right choice.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
sphinx54:

Both you and the buffoons that liked your post are extremely deranged and PAINED!!! Heheheheheheheheheheheehehehehe...
You lack grey matter - that is your problem..
Re: CNN Interviews President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari by Emma4Jesu(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:

Buhari remains the best for now, we like changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stuart Symington Rocking Ijaw Cultural Attire & Dance In Bayelsa State (Photos) / Lawal Daura Wept Like A Baby After He Was Arrested - Reno Omokri / Olusegun Obasanjo And His Late Wife, Stella's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.