Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,975 members, 7,966,631 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:33 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (275879 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 9:41pm On May 12, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin cheesy

Donot fall into temptation.

Fortunately, I cant reach the 'original' spices here so the temptation is reduced. All the trimmings have to be complete for it to be real(so says my itshekiri teacher/cook) real kosher wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 9:50pm On May 12, 2015
Chillisauce:

efemenace way na A1. I can't cope with her cucumber and bland oats .

I vex buy 2 piece of cucumber. I only used small for my smoothie, the thing is just in the fridge with no one to eat it. That thing is tasteless menh

grin she says it is an acquired taste. Funny enough I dont mind the cucumber taste but only as a snack or to improve the crunchiness of my salad sha. My kids love it so it cant waste in my house.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:11pm On May 12, 2015
Chillisauce:
How time flies.

When I was eating banga soup with sausages.
and eba.

Now I won't even touch this food with a long spoon .

God is good

It does indeed!

I would have had that Banga soup in the late evening - say from 8:00 p.m onwards - but with a lot more meat and a massive size of Poundo. And I mean massive! Then after that, I'll go sleep it off immediately. embarassed embarassed

But Chilli, why the sausage na? grin grin
smartmom:

Oh Chilli, why torment me with the yummy looking banga now eh? I havnt eaten it in over 17 years(since I left Warri) and now I drooling just from viewing this. God dey smiley

The power of Banga soup, eh? smiley smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
smartmom:

What an inspiring account! thumps up dear sis. You know I pat myself on the back each time I munch on a tomato(silently telling myself 'yes this the Efe way') and gulp water instead of my coffee or tea. I am still working on jogging though. But the bland oats aahhhh not yet! and I also tell myself when I am scrambling my eggs with a 1/4 teaspoon of soya oil, the body does NEED a little oil abi? wink. I am trying. I see we have about thesame ideal weight goal of 65kg to achieve. I am still 4 yo 5 kg more but I am hopeful grin

Lol! Your choice of words is making me giggle Smartmom! Gulping water cheesy Bland Oats cheesy cheesy but thanks all the same. smiley

Yeah, it's a gradual process (dieting and exercise) but the important thing is consistency. Yep, healthy oils are good for the body. Olive oil, a tablespoon or two of palm oil, etc. Dunno about the Soya oil...Edwife / Chillisauce will know better. I usually tend to take my eggs boiled but sometimes, when I get the "itch" for fried eggs, I simple whip out my non-stick frying pan and just pour the beaten egg into it with nothing else added, and heat for a few minutes. It comes out looking and tasting like a fried egg, only healthier (as per not a single drop of oil). I stopped adding salt to my eggs over twenty years ago. So, if I want to spice it up, I simply add a sprinkle of black pepper and of recent, cress salad.

Like Chillisauce, I also make sure I've got lots and lots and lots of fresh vegs with every meal I take be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Infact, my vegs are 50% of the entire plate. Then proteins 30% and carbs 20%. A fruit or two with the meal, and then more fruits to snack on inbetween meals. Oh, and 1 litre of water per meal. I've got a couple of handy 500ml bottles. So 500ml before and 500ml after the meal. Then depending on the exercises I do, I drink lots and lots of water to hydrate.

In total, I take no less than 4 litres of water in a day. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
Chillisauce:

efemena way na A1. I can't cope with her cucumber and bland oats .

I vex buy 2 piece of cucumber. I only used small for my smoothie, the thing is just in the fridge with no one to eat it. That thing is tasteless menh

Thanks for the compliment! cheesy Chilli, I so badly want to hit that 60's mark, I can almost taste the desire. I won't even mind if the scale reads 69.99kg sef... lipsrsealed

Re: Cucumber and bland oats... grin grin I can't do without them in the mornings now. Especially the porridge, knowing that as a complex carb, it releases energy slowly during the day so I don't feel hungry immediately afterwards. But I have it with banana, na. Why una nor mention that one? cool tongue The banana more than makes up for the lack of processed sugar in there. It almost felt sugary today sef. smiley

Yep, I do love my cucumbers. So tasty. So crunchy. So good for nourishing the skin....

smartmom:

grin she says it is an acquired taste. Funny enough I dont mind the cucumber taste but only as a snack or to improve the crunchiness of my salad sha. My kids love it so it cant waste in my house.

Yep, it is indeed-ie. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:04am On May 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Kayworld26. Glad to be of help...and good on you girl for choosing to eat clean and keep fit!

You know, once upon a time, I was that same 55kg that you are on now. That was shortly after I'd gotten married. Thing is, I didn't know much about eating right, exercising, and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Infact I wish I knew what I know now. Growing up in Naija, you get told (then) that the fatter you are, the better you look as it shows you're living the good life, and then being slender is not slender but thin and "suffering". Anyway, with each childbirth, I gradually increased in size over the years. At my heaviest (last pregnancy), I weighed a whooping 102kg! embarassed embarassed

I did at one point (a couple of years before then) tried to lose the weight but I went about it the completely wrong way. I crashed dieted and fasted. Was doing 6-to-6 with some high intensive cardio. Sure I was losing "weight". Came down from 70 something to 65 kg in a matter of weeks. 3 or 4 weeks I think. What I didn't realise at that time was that because I wasn't eating properly, I was losing muscle mass, in addition to fat. It wasn't sustainable and eventually when I stopped, I put the weight back on...and more. I was tipping the scales at 80 something kg. Then I took in with my last pregnancy and went up to 101kg (just before I gave birth).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had to do things the right way. Not just dieting, but dieting and exercising. At a slower, more sustainable pace. It's taken me three years to come down from that 102kg to 72kg. That a loss of 30kg in three years. I'm still not yet at my target weight which is to hit 65 kg but I've learnt my lesson. To go nice and easy and at a moderate, sustainable pace. It hasn't been all smiles and sunshine for me as I've fallen off the track a number of times, but the important thing to learn is when you fall off, you pick yourself up, dust yourself, and get on with it. No one's going to do it for you, but yourself. smiley

Wow...Nice one Efe
The highlighted is very true, like the last time i was talking with my friends about exercising, they were just laughing asking if i want to 'disappear' cheesy

Thing is even with my slim stature, i have the tendency to 'blow up', you need to see my thighs. smiley

Thanks again for inspiring a lot of us here.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 13, 2015
Lunch today at work

Moi moi with chicken and my sinful drink
Yes people I can't quit cold turkey ,working on it grin
a bag of chips grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Had the pear already

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 13, 2015
Also brought half a meat pie incase of incasity grin
Maybe around 3.30

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Yemiolads(f): 8:02pm On May 13, 2015
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 9:01pm On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:
Also brought half a meat pie incase of incasity grin
Maybe around 3.30

My daughter had to come peer at my screen to see why I am laffing so had. Osisi cheesy grin in case of incasity indeed. Who ate the other half by the way? As per the 'sinful' drink, I have this suggestion; try drinking your water with a little lemon or lime, you will get over the addiction. I did.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:
Lunch today at work

Moi moi with chicken and my sinful drink
Yes people I can't quit cold turkey ,working on it grin
a bag of chips grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Had the pear already
the chips are also bad for you. grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bukatyne(f): 10:31pm On May 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

efemenace way na A1. I can't cope with her cucumber and bland oats .

Cucumbers are yummy!

Carrots heavenly

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 1:56pm On May 14, 2015
Lunch

Funny enough I am also begginning to love cucumbers. Efe you are a good influence. I have used 3 sticks(Abi what will you call it ) so far this week.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 2:07pm On May 14, 2015
Ok let me confess I added roast chicken embarassed I nefa reash to chop veg without carbs or protein. cheesy see below the actual meal

No skin though and it was roast chicken breast. I tried bland oats this morning. Yuk. Normally have Alpen fruit and nuts or granola with fruit and yoghurt but efemenaxy I don't think that bland one is for me o. The bananas made it a bit bearable though

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 2:16pm On May 14, 2015
damiso:
Ok let me confess I added roast chicken embarassed I nefa reash to chop veg without carbs or protein. cheesy see below the actual meal

No skin though and it was roast chicken breast. I tried bland oats this morning. Yuk. Normally have Alpen fruit and nuts or granola with fruit and yoghurt but efemenaxy I don't think that bland one is for me o. The bananas made it a bit bearable though

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 2:21pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin cheesy

at bolded, she wont listen. Sing from now till tomorrow

gringrin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 2:26pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

You can do it.
Edwife, zemaya... what's up with the oblique muscles? I resumed the exercise.maybe the muscle will disappear later. cheesy

chilli there is a problem o. I am starting to look like a bodybuilder-my upper body is somehow undecided,masculine.I stopped with the weight lift,i am now focusing only on the lower abdo.

It is not funny,i did not bargain for this angryembarassed...i still need my feminine body....they advice me to take a 2 weeks break,but that won't be possible,i need by abdomen pack. undecided
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Yemiolads(f): 3:25pm On May 14, 2015
all4naija:
Is that jam you sparingly spread on top of the pancake? Huh! grin
No, it was honey
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:37pm On May 14, 2015
damiso:

roast chicken breastss are quite healthy. Filling and low in calorie.
Don't feel guilty about adding them.
That's the only way I eat my salad.

So far I'm already down to 59kg.
Will continue until I reach 55kg then I will try to maintain it.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:38pm On May 14, 2015
edwife:

chilli there is a problem o. I am starting to look like a bodybuilder-my upper body is somehow undecided,masculine.I stopped with the weight lift,i am now focusing only on the lower abdo.

It is not funny,i did not bargain for this angryembarassed...i still need my feminine body....they advice me to take a 2 weeks break,but that won't be possible,i need by abdomen pack. undecided
grin grin grin
If only you could hear me laugh now.

Sorry lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 14, 2015
edwife:

Don't stop it. Reduce it. As you get older, the weight helps keep your arm firm.

I don't like soft arms so I use my kids as weight when no time to carry the weights .

At least the arm is not dangling like "Christian mother arms ".

Carry weight helps build six packs faster as I noticed.

Btw, I ate so much junk today in a get together. I got lots of fruit now for detox.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 14, 2015
bukatyne:

Cucumbers are yummy!

Carrots heavenly

Carrots I eat raw when very very hungry.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

Carrots I eat raw when very very hungry.

Lols!

I sometimes binge of carrots sef cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 4:07pm On May 14, 2015
cococandy:
grin grin grin
If only you could hear me laugh now.

Sorry lipsrsealed

angryangryangry

cococandy you owe me 100$ for body massage....

I swear coco,i am for real-my colleagues are even teasing me that i am planning to contest for bodybuilding . embarassed

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 14, 2015
bukatyne:

Lols!

I sometimes binge of carrots sef cheesy

Keep it up. It's very filling too
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 4:12pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

Don't stop it. Reduce it. As you get older, the weight helps keep your arm firm.

I don't like soft arms so I use my kids as weight when no time to carry the weights .

Btw, I ate so much junk today in a get together. I got lots of fruit now for detox.

Chilli not stop? shocked shocked do you know what i am talking about? muscles,strong upper arm... sad i will reduce it but i need to stop just to soften a little bit.

I ate mcdonald's toffee sundae yesterday sad,my colleagues were pushing me to this.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bukatyne(f): 4:12pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

Keep it up. It's very filling too

Yea cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 4:13pm On May 14, 2015
edwife:

angryangryangry

cococandy you owe me 100$ for body massage....

I swear coco,i am for real-my colleagues are even teasing me that i am planning to contest for bodybuilding . embarassed
na me send you?
Face chilli and babe. grin

Na dem owe you. Not me tongue

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by veave(f): 5:19pm On May 14, 2015
BABE3:
Cococandy

That's a full burpee. The D position is a jump. You're supposed to jump up then go back to position A. Then repeat for 2 mins.

So was the routine difficult (before you got stuck)?

Efe, yes you're right!

What does this one do for you?
Please does it enable flat waist?
Please could you post a step by step pic of the one that can enable flat waist? Thanks.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 5:59pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

undecided undecided undecided

Chilli, it's high time you start going to shursh tongue tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
Kimoni:

undecided undecided undecided

Chilli, it's high time you start going to shursh tongue tongue

Why you dey bend mouth na cheesy

You never see those CWO women in Catholic churches lipsrsealed grin

aka Christian mother.
It's just like the word Ghana must go bag. Nothing serious grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 14, 2015
Salad. Entrée

Suya and pasta . Main dish.

No room for my dessert. Still waiting for the meal to go down cheesy. I had an 0rgasm eating the suya. Yum yum

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.