Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,029 members, 7,970,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:06 PM

Open Letter To Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Igbos (1597 Views)

Aminu Suleiman Supports Northern Youths' Ultimatum To Igbos / Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Igbos by Mc4larin: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Igbo Compatriots:
One of the closest Igbo man to the President Elect is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who was defeated in the Senatorial Election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't override a pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.
Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President.
That's what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.
I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.
I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.
Igbos are very bad at politics.
Fifty years after independence, we are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Our answer? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn't do this or Yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.
And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with others instead of our 'better than thou' attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. We are not better than anyone, these folks we thumb our noses at, are God's creatures like us.
We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood.
Our politics should mirror our economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of politics don't like that.
How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria's political evolution?
How long can this foolishness go on?
How long?
There is a miserable silence across the land today, because we are realizing that we were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.
Where are they?
Anyone home?

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by madamoringo(f): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Tears or tales by moonlight??
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by madamoringo(f): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Ibos don't need government! What has presidency and power benefitted the north, south-west or south-south?

Again, Ibos don't need government or being in government so far as they can do their buying and selling business.

This is what you need to hear from them and I have told you now.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Mc4larin: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Ibos don't need government! What has presidency and power benefitted the north, south-west or south-south?

Again, Ibos don't need government or being in government so far as they can do their buying and selling business.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
But they always cry fowl
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by eleko1: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2015
Abi o.they think say they are pulling Ngige down not knowing that they are pulling themselves down/they are their own enemies.I doubt Igbo man will smile ASO ROCK(there's hope for OKOROCHA after BUHARI sha)Until igbo are united,not playing playing politics of bitterness/backstabbing,they'll continue to groan.Good for them sad

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by prettyjo(f): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2015
rubbish

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by sweetgala(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2015
eleko1:
Abi o.they think say they are pulling Ngige down not knowing that they are pulling themselves down/they are their own enemies.I doubt Igbo man will smile ASO ROCK(there's hope for OKOROCHA after BUHARI sha)Until igbo are united,not playing playing politics of bitterness/backstabbing,they'll continue to groan.Good for them sad

Ngige would be rewarded , him and okorocha have been strong forward faces for APC and their presence in that party exemplifies peace, patience and trust.

For that their reward must be bountiful , okorocha is a man I'm surely going to promote and vote for as Nigeria's president one day if God permits
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by olawalepopoola: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2015
I respect only 2 politician from the East, Senator Chris Ngige and Governor Rochas Okorocha! They both dare to follow the uncommon path amongst the Ibos! Ngige for Secretary to the Federal Government! Okorocha might the only Ibo that will taste the presidency

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by eCollynzo: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Ngige was a useless benchwarmer in the senate. Apart from building imaginary VIP toilets, what else did he achieve? He sponsored no bill, did absolutely nothing.
Ekwunife even as a woman did far better than him as a house member and deserved her election into the senate. What shall it profit Igbos to have a David Mark type of Senate President who sat there like a sculpture while his people were being wiped out by Fulani herdsmen?
Remember how you guys were crying more than the bereaved, when they voted Obiano ahead of Ngige? Now Obiano is performing far better than Ngige would have ever done, so mind your business.

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by eleko1: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2015
wink cool God bless U.
sweetgala:

Ngige would be rewarded , him and okorocha have been strong forward faces for APC and their presence in that party exemplifies peace, patience and trust.

For that their reward must be bountiful , okorocha is a man I'm surely going to promote and vote for as Nigeria's president one day if God permits
true talk

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Point of correction. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was an Ibo man and was also the first President of Nigeria aside being the only indigenous Governor General between 1960 - 1963. Major-General Ironsi who was the first Military President was also an Ibo man. Let's preach peace instead of heating up the polity like you are doing now. Also, the Ibos are peace loving and business oriented people wherever they are. Note also that most northerners voted out of sentiment for their own and not necessarily for GEJ achievements in the north. God bless President GEJ. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by eCollynzo: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2015
Ngige won the senatorial seat under ACN which was a core South west party then, so it has nothing to do with party but performance.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by ginawest(f): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2015
deir political issh doesn't affect me...as far as I can walk d streets of Lagos witawt bin harassed for being Igbo,anybody can rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by IGBOSON2: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2015
It's now getting ridiculous!

How many days after the elections and peeps are still obsessed with Igbo affairs! Crying crocodile tears all over nairaland!......Getting wet or raging bone'rs just imagining how Igbos will be marginalized in gov't and the Senate!

My advice to all gullible Igbos shouting sai baba and one naijeriah is that you guys should brace yourselves for the shock of your lives! Our traducers and haters have returned to power and they're looking to continue from where they left off in 1999! Buhari may have changed, i don't know for sure.....but it's the people he's surrounded by that you should be wary of; just like in the case of Yar'Adua who i saw as a fair-minded person but surrounded by hateful anti-Igbo elements!

We're a resilient people and are capable of weathering the on-coming storm....whether it lasts for 4 or 8 years!

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Mc4larin: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2015
Mods, front page plsssssssss
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by kay1one(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Any political party that thinks it can play the bigotry card and neglect any geopolitical zone in administration will regret it at the polls sooner or later!
Igbos are watching silently and strategizing... its a democracy!

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by focus7: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
Igbos are learners in Nigeria politics. They are not calculative also they are mot politically mature, that are so eating by hate, sentiment and bigotry that they can't rightly discern swings of the political pendulum in Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
focus7:
Igbos are learners in Nigeria politics. They are not calculative also they are mot politically mature, that are so eating by hate, sentiment and bigotry that they can't rightly discern swings of the political pendulum in Nigeria.

Since SW are teacher of Nigerian politics and politically mature, kindly remind us the highest position a South Westerner is occupying in Jonathan administration... even when you lots voted for him en-masse.

Why do folks cry more than bereaved? If Ngige had performed in the senate or campaigned to his constituents, maybe he would have won a return. Don't forget he was voted as a senator under ACN which was seen as a "Yoruba party"

The cabinet of GMB has not been formed, yet folks are already talking how the Igbos lost and all that. Stop crying and enjoy your win.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Rose2014: 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
eCollynzo:
Ngige was a useless benchwarmer in the senate. Apart from building imaginary VIP toilets, what else did he achieve? He sponsored no bill, did absolutely nothing.
Ekwunife even as a woman did far better than him as a house member and deserved her election into the senate. What shall it profit Igbos to have a David Mark type of Senate President who sat there like a sculpture while his people were being wiped out by Fulani herdsmen?
Remember how you guys were crying more than the bereaved, when they voted Obiano ahead of Ngige? Now Obiano is performing far better than Ngige would have ever done, so mind your business.

Gbam

It's funny how Yorubas are trying at all cost to make Igbos feel bad for not voting Buhari. Creating threads here and there.
Is it by force bikonu? cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
Mc4larin:
Mods, front page plsssssssss
ODE which stupid mod will push thisn thrash to the FP? Ngige failed woefully I the 2011-2015 senate and was rejected at the polls so learn to deal with that

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by ayukdaboss(m): 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rose2014:

Gbam

It's funny how Yorubas are trying at all cost to make Igbos feel bad for not voting Buhari. Creating threads here and there.
Is it by force bikonu? cheesy
Na wuna Wey start to create thread first.
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Even those that didn't vote for Buhari in previous elections are today calling him their messiah. Op, the election is over, move on with your life and stop whining about Igbos choice.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Texcoco(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ok let's see you win the presidency over your masters without so much as a pin from the SE/SS......We can survive 100 years of northern rule,can you?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by santos247(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
madamoringo:

Igbos need to seriously learn to co-exist with others and Respect their Hosts. You hate Hausas and Yorubas and yet Igbos have the largest of his members in diaspora. Can a Yoruba MAn aspire to be HoR member from Aba Constituency or Can an HAusa man contest election in Onitsha??
The 2015 elections has further pitched the Igbo people against the Yorubas and only time will tell what the outcome will be. Yorbaas in Lagos must begin to think inwards before you start hearing Logos-Ibo just as they have Delta-Ibo etc.
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Wadosky(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
It's so so absurd, how can we pitch our tent with a minority and still expect bountiful return?
I congratulate ngige for his patience and pray he enthrones true democracy in igbo land.
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
eCollynzo:

Some people just can't understand this. I weep for them cry
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Supremor(m): 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
Igbos have always been the ones alienating theirselves from power by making out enemies unnecessarily; for them it is a case of my enemy's enemy is my friend and such sentiments have always clouded their choices and reasoning and at the end they come out crying foul and feel hard done by when in reality they are the architect f their predicaments
Re: Open Letter To Igbos by Johngreat(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
story for the gods, that Buhari won, will that stop the Aboki from riding Okada or pushing barrow, igbos are confirmed capitalist, all method favors them

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by inno4xrist(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=IGBOSON2 post=32268156]It's now getting ridiculous!

How many days after the elections and peeps are still obsessed with Igbo affairs! Crying crocodile tears all over nairaland!......Getting wet or raging bone'rs just imagining how Igbos will be marginalized in gov't and the Senate!

My advice to all gullible Igbos shouting sai baba and one naijeriah is that you guys should brace yourselves for the shock of your lives! Our traducers and haters have returned to power and they're looking to continue from where they left off in 1999! Buhari may have changed, i don't know for sure.....but it's the people he's surrounded by that you should be wary of; just like in the case of Yar'Adua who i saw as a fair-minded person but surrounded by hateful anti-Igbo elements!
/quote]

I am shocked at this comment. A real crybaby outlook. Who has time to hate the Igbo's? Why do the northerners and westerners not cry like u? Where the Igbo's not there in1960? How did they fall behind the rest? It is simply this mentality that got us where we are today as Igbo's. Blame no one bro. No one hates the Igbo's, except the igbos

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by dBard: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2015
madamoringo:
Tears or tales by moonlight??

More like tears by moonlight.

Am actually proud of the Ibos in this election, cos , whether right or wrong, they actually stood behind a party to the end not like the usual 'eating your cake but trying to have it' calculations that was evident in the other republics.

The o.p seems also to have conveniently forgotten the last time they were Senate president...how much contribution that made t d 'political evolution' and how it transformed the general Ibo man's fortune.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Igbos by ndcide(m): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
I hate herd mentality. This politics thing is not different from supporting a football club.

The Igbo will only be taken seriously if they stand by their decisions. Those up north voted buhari in 2011 & did same in 2015, and even fought the government with boko haram and killed many Igbos. If you can't stand for something you'll fall for anything. The Igbo will be stronger if they don't frolic with the APC. They have a stronger negotiation strength if they hold on to their own. There are people in APC . Those people can represent. but if they follow the bandwagon effect now, they lose strength.

they should hold on to APGA or PDP.

People are not celebrated for their similarities. They are celebrated for their differences.

How come those who saw no wrong in ACN winning most of the South west states except On do State, now see wrong in not having APC controlled state in Igbo land.

Those opening threads against Igbo position in politics are too simplistic. They know nothing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos From APC Governorship Campaign In Imo / Air Force patrol helicopters observing the protests around Akwa Ibom / Awojobi, Nigeria's Foremost Rural Surgeon Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.