Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:53 PM

My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake (2266 Views)

Igbo Are Making The Same Mistake As 1967 With The Niger Delta Tribes / Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic / See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hate only consumes the bearer.

Just a few days back, my igbo brothers did what I thought was their worst mistake ever by voting massively for an ijaw man....But I am dead wrong. they are even about to make the biggest mistake of all.

Owelle rochas is the best governor in IMO state after mbakwe. the amount of infrastructure development and human capital development happening in IMO state right now was only seen during mbakwes tenure.

you say it's china, Yes I agree..But at least he did something. How many did ohakim or even udenwa do?

our hate for APC and the northerners would only keep us back. rochas is the most promising igbo politician alive. If we are to remain in a one Nigeria, we need him.

Please If you are to attack rochas, list out verifiable facts Why you are attacking him and not gut hates.

shachris

2 Likes

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by ojun50(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Imo brothers nd sisters the floor is for u guys

1 Like

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
So, if it isn't Rochas, no one else can lead again or are you trying to say Rochas is the best thing that can ever happen to Imo State?
If you have 'No' as an answer to either of the above, then quit the baseless campaigns and allow Imolites exercise their democratic rights.
If one makes a mistake supporting his sibling's ambition..well, that's your opinion sha.

2 Likes

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
ojun50:
Imo brothers nd sisters the floor is for u guys

they should not allow themselves to be used again. they would surely regret.

1 Like

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Tattooboy: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
GMB's victory leads to many things
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:
So, if it isn't Rochas, no one else can lead again or are you trying to say Rochas is the best thing that can ever happen to Imo State?
If you have 'No' as an answer to either of the above, then quit the baseless campaigns and allow Imolites exercise their democratic rights.
If one makes a mistake supporting his sibling's ambition..well, that's your opinion sha.

rochas is tested and trusted. imolites know they truth But some people are trying to use sentiments to deceive them again.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Your a phool for bullying people, Rochas was voted in by the same Imolites and they still have the power to do so and stop blackmailing people, this is how you guys are blackmailing us because we didnt vote Nigege who has spent 4 years in the senate but point his fathers compound with the left hand, Ngige didnt perform so he was booted out, we wont vote him again because we need David Mark type of Senate presidency to achieve a brownie point

shachris:

they should not allow themselves to be used again. they would surely regret.

2 Likes

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Abagworo(m): 11:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:

There is dearth of promising leaders in Igboland. Igbos killed Orji Kalus national influence but the emergence of Okorocha brought about the biggest Igbo politician since Nnamdi Azikiwe. His oratory skills remain unrivaled and his grassroot movement is cult like. It is natural for other low class Igbo politicians like Peter Obi to be envious of him and conniving with Jonathans government to try and bring Okorocha down. They deliberately destroy roads and import refuse to try and discredit him but Imo people know everything. Buhari won the Imo election but it was altered to favour Jonathan. I am so proud of Okorocha for freeing himself from tribalism and religious intolerance.

4 Likes

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tattooboy:
GMB's victory leads to many things

it sure should.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
shachris:

rochas is tested and trusted. imolites know they truth But some people are trying to use sentiments to deceive them again.

Rochas is nice, but his long-term plans for this state are unrealistic. And no one trusts a trickster.

1 Like

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Your a phool for bullying people, Rochas was voted in by the same Imolites and they still have the power to do so and stop blackmailing people, this is how you guys are blackmailing us because we didnt vote Nigege who has spent 4 years in the senate but point his fathers compound with the left hand, Ngige didnt perform so he was booted out, we wont vote him again because we need David Mark type of Senate presidency to achieve a brownie point

can you give me any concrete reason Why rochas should be voted out?

and Please Don't compare my governor with ngige again.

1 Like

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:

Rochas is nice, but his long-term plans for this state are unrealistic. And no one trusts a trickster.

Thank you for realizing this fact brother. His dream for IMO state is So big and So sweet that people sometimes do not believe it is ever possible to achieve. But guess what brother? nothing is impossible.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Abagworo:

There is dearth of promising leaders in Igboland. Igbos killed Orji Kalus national influence but the emergence of Okorocha brought about the biggest Igbo politician since Nnamdi Azikiwe. His oratory skills remain unrivaled and his grassroot movement is cult like. It is natural for other low class Igbo politicians like Peter Obi to be envious of him and conniving with Jonathans government to try and bring Okorocha down. They deliberately destroy roads and import refuse to try and discredit him but Imo people know everything. Buhari won the Imo election but it was altered to favour Jonathan. I am so proud of Okorocha for freeing himself from tribalism and religious intolerance.

1. The best asset of Rochas is oratory skills. He has a knack for impressing people with words and yet doing nothing out of ordinary.
2. Destroy roads? Import refuse? Where and when? Navigating around Imo isn't any problem for me and I'll be back there this weekend. Enlighten me.
3. I'm finally convinced you are not in Imo State if you actually believe Imolites voted in Buhari. You need to scour the grassroots, but this time, undercover to ascertain the general mindset of the orthodox Imo indigene.
4. Rochas left APGA for a reason: Ambition. Rochas left PDP for a reason: Ambition. Rochas is still with APC for that same reason: Ambition. Did he free himself from anything? A child who grew up eating beans would have no problems with eating beans at any stage in life. Don't lose sight of the fact that Rochas is pursuing his ambition and that explains his every action.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:

1. The best asset of Rochas is oratory skills. He has a knack for impressing people with words and yet doing nothing out of ordinary.
2. Destroy roads? Import refuse? Where and when? Navigating around Imo isn't any problem for me and I'll be back there this weekend. Enlighten me.
3. I'm finally convinced you are not in Imo State if you actually believe Imolites voted in Buhari. You need to scour the grassroots, but this time, undercover to ascertain the general mindset of the orthodox Imo indigene.
4. Rochas left APGA for a reason: Ambition. Rochas left PDP for a reason: Ambition. Rochas is still with APC for that same reason: Ambition. Did he free himself from anything? A child who grew up eating beans would have no problems with eating beans at any stage in life. Don't lose sight of the fact that Rochas is pursuing his ambition and that explains his every action.

good oratory skill is a key component of every great politician. check obama, check Churchill.

No body wants to remain stagnant. Every politician is ambitious. Thank God you've not denied the fact that he actually worked for imolites.

1 Like

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
shachris:

Thank you for realizing this fact brother. His dream for IMO state is So big and So sweet that people sometimes do not believe it is ever possible to achieve. But guess what brother? nothing is impossible.

But is it real? All these 'partial-employments', 'half-finished roads and junctions', establishments here and there with a promise to earn salaries at a later date..all these reek of improper planning. People are not sure if these employments would eventually work out. Some say it is a ploy to ensure they vote him in after which their fate would be decided. Even if he intends to do such, can the budget of Imo state support it? That is the issue.
Take for instance, with a 'beautiful idea' like free education, he has monopolized the education sector and thrown many-a-entrepreneurs out of business and reduced the standard of education in Imo State. This forces me to think: 'Does he consult experts to examine all cases of scenarios possible before taking these decisions?
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Abagworo(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:

I was in Imo State last week and it was all but 50-50. The result was inflated on Jonathans behalf. If not why did they lock out party agents with military during collation?

2 Likes

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
shachris:

good oratory skill is a key component of every great politician. check obama, check Churchill.

No body wants to remain stagnant. Every politician is ambitious. Thank God you've not denied the fact that he actually worked for imolites.

It's obvious he is working.. The grassroot projects he has been undertaking has been putting smiles on many people's faces like never before.. I am only concerned about the reality of them all. Most of these would be scrapped when the next government comes in, plunging people back into 'God knows where' because they are capital intensive to fully execute.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by mensdept: 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rochas lost the APC ticket to Buhari, and if I'm correct lost the ANPP ticket to the same Buhari over 8 years ago or so. He and Amaechi did a lot of projects alright, mediocre, because they were travel hoping everywhere instead of focusing on developing their state and regions.

People of the state voted Okorocha because they supported APGA, but Rochas said it was a "mere" regional party. SO being a minority in a majority party instead of a majority in a minority party is the Igbo way I suppose, and that's why, the Easterners are nowhere.

Instead of these men to be contesting as Presidential candidates of PDP/APC/etc, it is the same old Generals like OBJ and GMB that are coming to save us.

Too bad for Nadeco and all the pro-democracy guys because the people you tried to fight for brought back the same villains because they saw them at mega crowds with Barobaas, saw them wear Igbo attire and Yoruba attire and suit and tie.

Bull.shit
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:

But is it real? All these 'partial-employments', 'half-finished roads and junctions', establishments here and there with a promise to earn salaries at a later date..all these reek of improper planning. People are not sure if these employments would eventually work out. Some say it is a ploy to ensure they vote him in after which their fate would be decided. Even if he intends to do such, can the budget of Imo state support it? That is the issue.
Take for instance, with a 'beautiful idea' like free education, he has monopolized the education sector and thrown many-a-entrepreneurs out of business and reduced the standard of education in Imo State. This forces me to think: 'Does he consult experts to examine all cases of scenarios possible before taking these decisions?

rochas is just leaving his signature in all of IMO state. site the project first, open up the roads, then take your time to complete them. I remember those days when ABA road used to be a gridlock. control and okigwe road were just impassable.

the fact is that he is doing it and the budget of IMO state is supporting it So far. also remember that rochas is a very connected man. he can bring a lot of investors to support those schemes.

and Yes, quality education should be a right. who cares about entrepreneur that want to rip off government inadequacies? should you also say that we should not have stable power So that generator sellers can survive?
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
mensdept:
Rochas lost the APC ticket to Buhari, and if I'm correct lost the ANPP ticket to the same Buhari over 8 years ago or so. He and Amaechi did a lot of projects alright, mediocre, because they were travel hoping everywhere instead of focusing on developing their state and regions.

People of the state voted Okorocha because they supported APGA, but Rochas said it was a "mere" regional party. SO being a minority in a majority party instead of a majority in a minority party is the Igbo way I suppose, and that's why, the Easterners are nowhere.

Instead of these men to be contesting as Presidential candidates of PDP/APC/etc, it is the same old Generals like OBJ and GMB that are coming to save us.

Too bad for Nadeco and all the pro-democracy guys because the people you tried to fight for brought back the same villains because they saw them at mega crowds with Barobaas, saw them wear Igbo attire and Yoruba attire and suit and tie.

Bull.shit

the mediocre project are far better than what pdp governments has done in IMO state for 12 years.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by DesChyko: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:

and Yes, quality education should be a right. who cares about entrepreneur that want to rip off government inadequacies? should you also say that we should not have stable power So that generator sellers can survive?

The standard of education at the primary and secondary level are falling partly due to over-population of these schools. I used 'monopolized' because of the way the administrators were instructed to wreck the population of private schools around, hardly a comment befitting a governor of a state. It is not a rip-off, but balance. Imagine if the government had to provide every damn thing, what would be the function of a market? The standard population in schools is 1 teacher to 25 pupils at primary level and 40 students per class at secondary level. The extreme violation of this is constituting the dilapidated education our wards are receiving today.
I believe if he had expert advice on this, he'ld have managed it better.
This is just one area I intend to use as example to expose his perceived failings in my opinion.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2015
DesChyko:

The standard of education at the primary and secondary level are falling partly due to over-population of these schools. I used 'monopolized' because of the way the administrators were instructed to wreck the population of private schools around, hardly a comment befitting a governor of a state. It is not a rip-off, but balance. Imagine if the government had to provide every damn thing, what would be the function of a market? The standard population in schools is 1 teacher to 25 pupils at primary level and 40 students per class at secondary level. The extreme violation of this is constituting the dilapidated education our wards are receiving today.
I believe if he had expert advice on this, he'ld have managed it better.
This is just one area I intend to use as example to expose his perceived failings in my opinion.

the scheme just kicked off. he employed teachers and is willing to employ more. that is the more reason we need to give him more time. these schemes take time to mature.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Bifwoli: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:

Just a few days back, my igbo brothers did what I thought was their worst mistake ever by voting massively for an ijaw man....But I am dead wrong. they are even about to make the biggest mistake of all.

Owelle rochas is the best governor in IMO state after mbakwe. the amount of infrastructure development and human capital development happening in IMO state right now was only seen during mbakwes tenure.

you say it's china, Yes I agree..But at least he did something. How many did ohakim or even udenwa do?

our hate for APC and the northerners would only keep us back. rochas is the most promising igbo politician alive. If we are to remain in a one Nigeria, we need him.

Please If you are to attack rochas, list out verifiable facts Why you are attacking him and not gut hates.

You're dead wrong by condemning Igbos for exactly the same thing northerners did.If its wrong for Igbos to vote massively for GEJ then why is it ok for northerners to vote massively for Buhari just bcoz he's muslim?

And how could Igbos hate northerners yet they migrated there in big numbers as skilled artisans,academics and businessmen? Why is the north still such a backward region if they're so good in your eyes?

Nigeria needs Igbos more than Igbos need Nigeria ,my friend.

shachris
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Bifwoli: 12:05am On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:

shachris

You're dead wrong by condemning Igbos for exactly the same thing northerners did.If its wrong for Igbos to vote massively for GEJ then why is it ok for northerners to vote massively for Buhari just bcoz he's muslim?

And how could Igbos hate northerners yet they migrated there in big numbers as skilled artisans,academics and businessmen? Why is the north still such a backward region if they're so good in your eyes?

Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 03, 2015
Bifwoli:

at least the north supported their own. But we? we supported an ijaw man. ijaws have never had our backs before.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Descartes: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Let me state it clearly again that no amount of blackmail and propaganda cum media hype from Okorocha and his praise-singers will stop the Landlords(Imolites) from evicting him from Douglas House via ballots. #ImoDecides.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by chymystique(f): 12:16am On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:

[s]Rochas is the most promising igbo politician alive. If we are to remain in a one Nigeria, we need him.[/s]

Oh! Its no more Ngige but now Rochas?? Who is the "We".. Say "You" not "We"... We dont need him representing us .. we aCtually dont care.. In as muCh as i dont like APC as a party, the only reason why I myself would want rochas re elected is because he fufilled most of his promises but I ve this feeliing his second tenure he wont do anythin for imolites.. its not like he is better than other candidiates.. I really wish Captain Iheanacho of APGA was a grassroot politician he woulda being a formidable opponent . Guber election in imo is gonna be quite interesting! Its gonna be fun for me watching the drama unfold sittin on the fence. smiley

As regards to the election, anyone that belives GMB won in imo must be hallucinating.. Rochas rigged most of those votes GMB got in Imo state.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by swaggzo(m): 12:18am On Apr 03, 2015
HELLO

DO YOU GET PAID TO CREATE USELESS THREADS AT ALL TIMES

OR WHAT?? .....
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 03, 2015
chymystique:

Oh! Its no more Ngige but now Rochas?? Who is the "We".. Say "You" not "We"... We dont need him .. we aCtually dont care.. In as muCh as i dont like APC as a party, the only reason why I myself want rochas re elected is because he fufilled most of his promises and not because we need him to represent we igbos.. its not like he is better than other candidiates.. I really wish Captain Iheanacho of APGA was a grassroot politician he woulda being a formidable opponent.

As regards to the election, anyone that belives GMB won in imo must be hallucinating.. Rochas rigged most of those votes GMB got in Imo state.

nobody ever said that about ngige. let me ask you just one question. which igbo politician alive now do you think the north and even yorubas would gladly vote?
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Descartes:
Let me state it clearly again that no amount of blackmail and propaganda cum media hype from Okorocha and his praise-singers will stop the Landlords(Imolites) from evicting him from Douglas House via ballots. #ImoDecides.

you are really joking. this your hashtag is trending only on Nairaland. the masses know the truth. IMO people are educated and enlightened more than any state in the Se.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by chymystique(f): 12:25am On Apr 03, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Tell them o.. If given another opportunity to vote again for senate rep we wont hesistate to boot ngige out with zero votes! He should go sleep in his VIP toilets and Hang on those dead transformers! Sincerely Ngige disappointed me while in the senate. He forgot why we all voted for him and that he would come bak for second tenure. They shld look for another igbo person to rep us if they so need Igbo representation. An average onye igbo man dont give a fvck about rep in the federal level cause most of these politicians rep only their pockets.. Ntorr to him

shachris:

nobody ever said that about ngige. let me ask you just one question. which igbo politician alive now do you think the north and even yorubas would gladly vote?

To me Nobody for now not even rochas or ngige.. remember politics is a game of interest and mind you most easterners dont like rochas and wont support him for presidency just like in his last presidential attempt.. the reason why rochas won in 2011 is because imolites were tired of Ohakim's tyranny, Ararume was not an option and then his former party figure "APGA" helped him too.
Re: My People Are About To Make The Same Mistake by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 03, 2015
swaggzo:
HELLO

DO YOU GET PAID TO CREATE USELESS THREADS AT ALL TIMES

OR WHAT?? .....

none of your mates are here, swagger kid. run along, kid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Endorses David Mark To Spite APC / Chibok Girls Will Be Released On Monday - Boko Haram / VIDEO Of CORRUPTION: Cop Records SEXXTAPE While On Duty!! (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.