Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize (1983 Views)

Why Dasuk, Not GEJ Deserves The Nobel Peace Prize - Pius Adesanmi / Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 1:37am On Apr 03, 2015
Our Noble President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must as a matter of justice deserved, share a Nobel Peace Prize with Pope Francis. Pope Francis worked hard to ensure a return of international relations between US and Cuba; Pope Francis also ensured the Western Powers did not rush to the Syrian War, thereby averting a catastrophic outcome. And President Jonathan on his part, had sacrificed his ambition so as to ensure that no Nigerian life was this time lost to bitter politicking and age long tribal rivalry and hegemony. A lot of us are living witnesses to the outcome of nigeria 2011 elections and the promises of ungovernableness and sustained bloodshed as promised by the then loser muhammadu buhari and his muderous supporters which consequently made it impossible for any Youth Corps from southern Nigeria to be posted to northern nigerian from 2011 to 2014 after a huge number of their mates where murdered by supporters of muhammadu buhari. Nor have we forgot the outcome of the kenyan election between Mwai Kibaki and Raila Odinga where a dispute between the two led to a two months war which consequently took away thousands of life. Such catastrophies as was visited on ordinary kenyans by their political leaders and visited on southerners in northern nigeria in 2011 is what Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in the magnanimity of his noble heart have averted on behalf of us Nigerians.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 1:55am On Apr 03, 2015
illiad:
Our Noble President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must as a matter of justice deserved, share a Nobel Peace Prize with Pope Francis. Pope Francis worked hard to ensure a return of international relations between US and Cuba; Pope Francis also ensured the Western Powers did not rush to the Syrian War, thereby averting a catastrophic outcome. And President Jonathan on his part, had sacrificed his ambition so as to ensure that no Nigerian life was this time lost to bitter politicking and age long tribal rivalry and hegemony.

Abeg, how did GEJ sacrifice his ambition? You talk as if he didn't contest at all.

He pursued his ambition with every means in his power to win the election, including massive bribery with our stolen money. That's corruption, NOT sacrifice!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by BlackGirlsCode: 1:57am On Apr 03, 2015
illiad:
Our Noble President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan must as a matter of justice deserved, share a Nobel Peace Prize with Pope Francis. Pope Francis worked hard to ensure a return of international relations between US and Cuba; Pope Francis also ensured the Western Powers did not rush to the Syrian War, thereby averting a catastrophic outcome. And President Jonathan on his part, had sacrificed his ambition so as to ensure that no Nigerian life was this time lost to bitter politicking and age long tribal rivalry and hegemony. A lot of us are living witnesses to the outcome of nigeria 2011 elections and the promises of ungovernableness and sustained bloodshed as promised by the then loser muhammadu buhari and his muderous supporters which consequently made it impossible for any Youth Corps from southern Nigeria to be posted to northern nigerian from 2011 to 2014 after a huge number of their mates where murdered by supporters of muhammadu buhari. Nor have we forgot the outcome of the kenyan election between Mwai Kibaki and Raila Odinga where a dispute between the two led to a two months war which consequently took away thousands of life. Such catastrophies as was visited on ordinary kenyans by their political leaders and visited on southerners in northern nigeria in 2011 is what Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in the magnanimity of his noble heart have averted on behalf of us Nigerians.

Nigerians have a penchant for honoring corrupt political thieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Horus(m): 2:05am On Apr 03, 2015
The Nobel Thief Prize?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by whitecat1: 2:07am On Apr 03, 2015
The organization that awards it knows Jonathan is corrupt and wasted thousands of lives up north, so he will never get his hands on it. Nice try though cos I know Jonathan is Jesus to some, but in the eyes of the world the most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by nortcentrallord(m): 2:35am On Apr 03, 2015
illiad:

You never appreciate what you have untiLl you loose it. Most people ridden with tribal, religious sentiments and lack of knowledge due to their gullibility 'll talk like fools just like the comments above and others which will come below.

If buhari an ordinary daura man as @ then could cause such an uproar in 2011 after the elections, some hollow heads still think with just one phone call by GEJ nigeria wouldn't have been in flames by now. The worst you folks would have done is come here and comment insulting him which he won't even know because your existence is minor to him.

For those depending on international community, UK don't stick out their neck when it gets HOT anywhere, the German don't give a fuk about Africa, the french a fair weather friend and the Us, grin, the best they can do is condemn his actions and then move ahead to secure the Niger delta because of the oil and probably negotiate with him as they are doing with Asaad of Syria now. The US never sacrifices anything if they don't stand to gain more. It has always been about the oil in Nigeria and they will settle with a more determined side who has what they need. So go and thank your GOD or gods for using GEJ positively.

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by blessedjosh(m): 4:03am On Apr 03, 2015
The elections were largely free, fair but far from being credible. With the widespread failure of the card readers, there wad a free for all rigging and irregularities across the country. Isdues of underage voters were quite obvious. Any loser can easily forment trouble and win a court case, and it even becomes easier for the incumbent to do so. He had pressures from some of his cronies to act like an 'African' president. The Niger Delta militants were set on edge and ready to explode. The northerners would not mind unleaching their terror to 'defend' their 'mandate'. After all, it had both been prophecied and predicted by all and sundry that 2015 will see the end of Nigeria. I even got an sms of an intending palace coup that will unseat the president wnd have the military take over. Though I waved it off as a propaganda, all things are possible here in Africa. 2011 post election violence easily comes to mind. THIS WAS THE STATE OF NIGERIA ON MONDAY BUT one man did an act that TURNED THINGS COMPLETELY AROUND. he sacrificed his ambition, for the sake of peace he conceded defeat and promised a peaceful handover against much opposition bequeathing to Nigeria a strong democratic transition. MY THINKING, HE DESERVES THAT NOBLE PEACE PRICE AWARD.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Joyful77:

Abeg, how did GEJ sacrifice his ambition? You talk as if he didn't contest at all.

He pursued his ambition with every means in his power to win the election, including massive bribery with our stolen money. That's corruption, NOT sacrifice!!
If you did read the piece and still didn't understand how then it simply means that my piece was actually written to be consumed by such minds as are capable of comprehension.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
illiad:

If you did read the piece and still didn't understand how then it simply means that my piece was actually written to be consumed by such minds as are capable of comprehension.

Huh?

What is there to comprehend in a simple lie that you told... "Jonathan on his part, sacrificed his ambition"

Abeg swerve!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 2:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Joyful77:

Huh?

What is there to comprehend in a simple lie that you told... "Jonathan on his part, sacrificed his ambition"

Abeg swerve!!!
Lots to comprehend if only you purge yourself of pathological prejudice.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 2:36am On Apr 04, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:

Nigerians have a penchant for honoring corrupt political thieves.
Surely! Which is why the old thief obasanjo who spent billions of dollars on Nepa without a single megawatt to show for it is considered a political navigator
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
illiad:

Is it by force to join you in honouring a thief

Stop using words that you have no idea of their meaning, you are as clueless as your shameless 'hero'!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Flets: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ will be further celebrated in few months.

APC will teach Nigerians a very hard lesson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Arosa(m): 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Horus:
The Nobel Thief Prize?

Same difference! grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
illiad:

Guy, please. You think the Norwegian Nobel Committee just hands out awards to anybody. How do you think GEJ's acceptance speech would read without including the lives of thousands that died under his watch in spite of the Defence sector getting the lion's share of the budget for three consecutive years?

You have to be some brave selfless person like Mandela or Desmond Tutu or Mother Theresa or the little girl from Pakistan or thereabout to win the prize. They don't give it to cowards or corrupt personnel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
Joyful77:

Is it by force to join you in honouring a thief

Stop using words that you have no idea of their meaning, you are as clueless as your shameless 'hero'!!!
Lol! Are you this sad?
Honestly it was never my intention to confound you! I only assumed you have an idea of basic English Syntax.

So tell me, which of my terms is it that irked you?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Olamitisoji(m): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
His phone call, congratulating Buhari even before the the winner was announced, stopped our country from dividing, he stopped every plot of violence even before it started like that of 2011 as the OP had said, many families are still nursing their losses. So, stop being an hater and just face reality.
Joyful77:

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 10:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Olamitisoji:
His phone call, congratulating Buhari even before the the winner was announced, stopped our country from dividing, he stopped every plot of violence even before it started like that of 2011 as the OP had said, many families are still nursing their losses. So, stop being an hater and just face reality.

Yes I respect him for conceding defeat the way he did (let's also remember that the world was watching and that left him little or no choice). But that does NOT mean that he sacrificed his ambition, neither does it automatically erase the many blunders he committed from history!!

Stop being delusional, stating a fact doesn't make me a hater!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
hifaif:

Guy, please. You think the Norwegian Nobel Committee just hands out awards to anybody. How do you think GEJ's acceptance speech would read without including the lives of thousands that died under his watch in spite of the Defence sector getting the lion's share of the budget for three consecutive years?

You have to be some brave selfless person like Mandela or Desmond Tutu or Mother Theresa or the little girl from Pakistan or thereabout to win the prize. They don't give it to cowards or corrupt personnel.

[size=14pt] On Point [/size]

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by midolian(m): 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Joyful77:

[size=14pt] On Point [/size]
Yea..Like a fullstop (.)

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
illiad:

Lol! Are you this sad?
Honestly it was never my intention to confound you! I only assumed you have an idea of basic English Syntax.

So tell me, which of my terms is it that irked you?

cheesy cheesy

You're the one who is worried with overflow of sadness. Your 'hero' lost!!! Back to Otuoke grin

With your choice of words here, it's obvious that you REALLY want to impress me wink

But you goofed again! Syntax has nothing to do with meaning. It simply means arrangement of words. Once again, WRONG use of word. Like I told you earlier, STOP using words that you don't know their meaning!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by illiad: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Joyful77:

cheesy cheesy

You're the one who is worried with overflow of sadness. Your 'hero' lost!!! Back to Otuoke grin

With your choice of words here, it's obvious that you REALLY want to impress me wink

But you goofed again! Syntax has nothing to do with meaning. It simply means arrangement of words. Once again, WRONG use of word. Like I told you earlier, STOP using words that you don't know their meaning!

Lol! So that's all you could come up with, that I want to impress you? That's overly preposterous.

Meanwhile back to basics, who was your English teacher? That fellow should be shot who gave you the impression that Structure in English bear no impact on Meaning.

Can I have his address, your teacher?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan, Pope Francis And The Nobel Peace Prize by Joyful77: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
illiad:

[s] Lol! So that's all you could come up with, that I want to impress you? That's overly preposterous.

Meanwhile back to basics, who was your English teacher? That fellow should be shot who gave you the impression that Structure in English bear no impact on Meaning.

Can I have his address, your teacher? [/s]

(1) (Reply)

Gov Suswam. Congratulate Ortom Of The APC / Even The Canadian Dollar Fell Compared To The US Dollar, Let Alone The Naira / How Roads Leading To Ado-ekiti Are Blocked By Pro-fayose Supporters (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.