Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,685 members, 7,972,548 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:43 PM

Last Adventure - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Last Adventure (564 Views)

The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) / Must Read: Adventure With Aunty Caro (18+)… Part 33 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Last Adventure by alexygrey: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2015
please this story is not edited.

Chapter1
Like every other human being, I have my taste, my likes and my dislike which my parents and most of my friends considered weird.

I wouldn't adjust my sense of taste to suit anyone else.
No matter what anyone feels about my decisions, I just ignored it.

From a tender age I began to grow a willing power and decision to take matters in my own hands.

My parents were less democratic type but still, I managed to struggle my ways through even as my mother considered them as poor and tacky.

My immidate sister Britney, nicknamed me which I fought to dismise. She gets paraniod making a rude and creepy remark about my judgement. She says I am always up to something.

Though I admit within that my decision could be wild but Nazi is not close to it. Alist I had won two championship for my schools in my region twices in a roll.
Been Nazi is what helped me still wearing the cheerleading bracelet.

Though the name came to stay over time as I cared less others opinion about my judgement and attitude.

At first, I would pick quarrel at my sister's attitude. I ravel myself into the obsession of a strong will then, I stop fighting it and allowed her with no response.

My dad only comment to which I agreed is been sometimes difficult and assuming

At lest someone at school understands me better. Mrs wills only feels I could be extreme when ever I wanted to get things done. Her only advice was to keep it easy.
"You remind me of me way back in high school, vibrant beautiful and most of all focus."

Thanks Mrs Will. I looked into her eyes feeling confident.
The next statement from her changed my mood not certain what she ment.
"Hmmmh girl. You need to be careful still. Every virgin is always coy on her first dance... Dont get cut in. She wink her eyes.

I was mute not quiet sure what she ment I guess she was talking about obert.

Many students refers to Mrs Wills as Hereric, though she never reject the name has I did to mine.

Mrs Wills and I became close after I staged Romeo and juilet play at the school annual Drama day.

She says I interrepted the Juilet role in an Amazing way.

For the the first time I saw the look on my parents; you are amazing. After the whole drama thing I confirmed it from my mum.

" what an awesome transformation. We are so proud of you. They both huged me with a kiss on my forehead.

That happened a long back. I was proud of myself and also felt excited not because my parents were proud but
I finally got to have smooth conversion with the one have had my eyes on in three years.

Not everyone noticed why the drama translated well.

My three friends and Mrs wills to whom I confessed knew I wasn't just playing the juillet roll but also playing the real me. well I have a strong feeling for Obert the same one who was Romeo and the most popular guy in school the captain of the football theme.

He is down to earth with a flashing haze eyes. Girls in school talk much about him.

Though he gives less attention me and I find it rude.
Obert dad in also a senior advocate like my dad. His mum is a movie star of Hollywood.
I tried means to get close to him he just simple gives me a cold response.

As the cheerleader in school and my name comes first on the students website as the number one hottest chick. It's the regular students site where both nasty and curical information is let out. I expected guys like him to go crazy for me.
All and after the play which announced both of us as Juilia Robert and Leonardo DiCaprio of the new age, I expected us to get closer . I couldnt tell exact reason Obert keep me at arms length.

He bearly answer to my greet. the more I tried the harder it becames. At some point I begin to feel like a stalker or may be desperate.

For two years, I remained on number two. On the sexiest and admirable girl in school

I struggle to get attention yet, val which is called the Kim kadeshine will always appear on number one list.

I was charged for detention for a month when I called her mere mexican immigrant. That racist which law forbid.

That incident nearly cost me my cheer leading role and also my dignity

After I staged Romeo and julliet, my dream of becoming obert girl friend never came to reality.

I wanted months, draw up doddles of us smiling at the beach and his arm around my neck while I rest my body on his.

I thought of us looking at the most beautiful sun set together
walking on the street in a close of the the day.

I just wanted him to see me and only me. I wanted to see me as yhat special person who can finally make him happy too.

After a long while, I stop noticing if he cared about me.

I have much to think about and that's my family. My family has been suffering a hiccup for months now.

We the children can't actually tell. I saw deep down that my parents were falling out. That is also scary not for me but for my youngest sister Beatrice.
Re: Last Adventure by Divepen1(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Hmm..
Welldone.. I think you need to edit your story.

Try to check out for typographical errors.
And...
You are not making us progress in the story.
What you just wrote is more of flashback. You need to make us connect with the story.
Do more of showing than narrating.
Also, ensure there are dialogues.

I think you need to join Checkmate. We train ourselves there
here is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/2134150/writers-checkmate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Update: 2015 Writivism Short Prize Long List / Writers Needed.... / I'm Confused, Please Explain Something To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.