Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,665 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Makes You A Real African - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes You A Real African (928 Views)

What Makes You Feel Your Spouse Is The Best? / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You A Real African by peeceelove(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2009
1. You open all your gifts carefully, so that you can reuse the wrapping.
2. You call a person you've never met before,uncle or aunt.
3. More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies.
4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it
someday. (a gum boot without a partner and the baby walker - baby's now 12 and you are 48).
5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottle from your stays at hotels. (Gocool, Sweet heart, African pride, ).
6. You have almost always carried overweight baggage when travelling by plane.
7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a product, then each member of the family will join separate queues to purchase the maximum quantity possible. (Sugar,
soap, rice, cooking fat etc during old good days).
8. All children have annoying nick names. i.e Bomboy, Dada, Tikay, Dankwa, baby etc
9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are coming over for a visit. (Uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbor) have camped at home.
10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)
11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
12. You only make telephone calls at a cheaper rate at night.
13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.
14. You keep changing your Internet Service Provide because the first month is free. (I know some people O!, ).
15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home. (Yes, staple machine, office pins, punches machine, cello tapes, post-its, etc.).
16. When you are young, your parents buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer.

funny but with an iota of truth grin Cheers
Re: What Makes You A Real African by SeanT21(f): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2009
peeceelove:

2. You call a person you've never met before,uncle or aunt.
3. More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies.
4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it
someday. (a gum boot without a partner and the baby walker - baby's now 12 and you are 48).
5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottle from your stays at hotels. (Gocool, Sweet heart, African pride, ).
7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a product, then each member of the family will join separate queues to purchase the maximum quantity possible. (Sugar,
8. All children have annoying nick names. i.e Bomboy, Dada, Tikay, Dankwa, baby etc
9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are coming over for a visit. (Uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbor) have camped at home. 10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)
11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.
14. You keep changing your Internet Service Provide because the first month is free. (I know some people O!, ).
15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home. (Yes, staple machine, office pins, punches machine, cello tapes, post-its, etc.).
16. When you are young, your parents buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer.

Those are true!!

People hardly call before comming over and those liberian nicknames everyone in the family has!!
Re: What Makes You A Real African by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2009
That's so true.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: What Makes You A Real African by nairafan: 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
1, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15 , and 16 , oh my gosh that is me how did you sum me up so correct!!!!
Re: What Makes You A Real African by hotstuff06(f): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2009
peeceelove:

2. You call a person you've never met before,uncle or aunt. 3. More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies.
8. All children have annoying nick names. i.e Bomboy, Dada, Tikay, Dankwa, baby etc 9. Nobody in your family informs you that they are coming over for a visit. (Uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbor) have camped at home.
10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)

16 was definitely a given, lol. I ahted it then and vowed never to do it for my children, now sometimes I think about it though with how fast my boys grow out of their clothes but I still won't do it, That was some crazy stuff lol

(1) (Reply)

Lets Make Sweet Luv! / Why Allow Things Go Out Of Control? / Why Most Married Men Cheat On Their Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.