Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,207 members, 7,943,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63584 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by UpLoyo: 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

An hero is someone who ran into a burning building to rescue someone in danger; a clueless guy who had 6yrs to prove that he is really a goodluck but turned out to be an absolute failure, got beat badddddd, I mean got his ass handed to him at the poll and accepted his fate is not a hero.

Thesame jobless morons that have been shouting GEJ till 2019 now have another agenda to start painting that disappointment with a saint brush, it ain't gonna happen. We didn't partake in your expired rice, so if you are losing your mind already, don't worry Buhari will be fixing the health section, you'll be adequately catered for.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
buahahahahahahahahahah

Witch.

So who is the Hero? A blood thirsty beast who promised that the dog and the baboon like you would be soaked in Blood?

A man who failed to concede defeat; condoned violence and refused to apologise to over 700 families, comprising majorly the Igbos and Yorubas?

This woman is a witch (no apology).

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by elari(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
All I know is if Gej had not accepted his defeat, by now, he would be wallowing in Guatanamo Bay prison

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

Don't try to disclaim this...don't try it at all,except you've not been following news in Nigeria.
Buhari did say it.

Nope, you are the one that is unaware that the statement was made by someone else not Buhari .

The statement was made by Lawal Kaita, a PDP politician from Kaduna.

Do your research.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by adbokus(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=Raxxye post=32317572]A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader.]
May your days be prospered!...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ENDTIMES: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
He didn't concede defeat, he was thoroughly and rightly beaten. GMB should probe his administration and punish him and his cohorts.

He accepted defeat because he had no choice, OBJ had earlier reminded him of Gbagbo's fate. Gbagbo was on his mind all through the time.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
GMB refused to concede defeat back in 2011, and that act led to the death of scores!

Una too get wahala. What a people!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by manuelo130: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mr Jonathan is a hero and has disappointed those who wished to see him contest the outcome of the election and subsequent catastrophic events. Like it or not, the whole world will remember him and think this is a huge disappointment for most of his detractors

Oby Ezekwesili probably has a very short memory or has a morbid hatred for Mr Jonathan. Otherwise she would understand that Mr Jonathan neither kidnapped the Chibok girls nor caused the numerous problems in Nigeria. He did his best, within the prevailing circumstances to govern Nigeria. Prior to the unfortunate kidnap, many prominent northerners promised to make his government a hellish one and it was only natural for him to adopt the stance he did just after the news of the kidnap. This is Nigeria and crazy things happen for political purposes.

Even when efforts were made, sabotage from military men of northern extraction did not allow anything to happen.

While i forgive some young Nigerian who have not been on this earth long enough to see what manner of person GMB is, i think Ms Ezekwesili is old enough to have witnessed the bigot that Buhari truly is but has chosen to ignore.
Talking about our president elect, all i hope for is that he is truly a changed man, otherwise many people (especially those from the SS and SE who supported him) have disappointment and regret staring them in the face.

We are waiting for GMB's first 100 days in office.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by seedorfg(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
WEREY NI BOBO YI O @ JMAN06
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Aystarz: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
dustmalik:
I'm inclined to agree with her.

You can say that again bruv. Wetin we no go hear for this obodo, afterall some mumus once upon a time call am Jesus Christ and Mandela ! O brother!!
Oyinbo people gave us the dico but even with all our claim to being very sophisticated people, we still appear not to to understand simple meanings of words such as ''hero'' for ecample. The Naija meaning of the word is criminal to say the least ! I dare say here that Oby is way more heroic than the Jesus of Otueke. Bite me!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chibok girls! Chibok girls!! Chibok girls!!!
Mrs whoever you are, keep that your useless mouth shut. Are the Chibok girls more important that the many Nigerians that died via 2011 post election violence, are they better than the gallant men and women who has in one way or the other died in active service to the nation why confronting Boko haram?
Like i will always say, there is dignity in keep quiet when u genuinely know you have nothing meaningful or intellectual to contribute to the growing process. So, B***h shut the f**k up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by elari(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Acidosis:
buahahahahahahahahahah

Witch.

So who is the Hero? A blood thirsty beast who promised that the dog and the baboon like you would be soaked in Blood?

A man who failed to concede defeat; condoned violence and refused to apologise to over 700 families, comprising majorly the Igbos and Yorubas?

This woman is a witch (no apology).
By now people like you should be ashamed, after all the noise u and ur crew made, u still have the gods to show ur ass on nairaland. Some people really do have no shame

1 Like

tbaba1234:

Nope, you are the one that is unaware that the statement was made by someone else not Buhari .

The statement was made by Lawal Kaita, a PDP politician from Kaduna.

Do your research.

You're very very wrong.
Go complete your research well
fk u. for your own good, go and get yourself an education and learn the true meaning of heroism. thank me later.

richidinho:

Mstheeew....... Ashy kobo kobo
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by otigbagba: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

...Hero my ass
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Eluwilussit(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh

But there was a man who refused to concede in 2011 and his supporters slaughtered over 1000 innocent Nigerians. Jonathan had 4 years to out-rig his opponents, but chose to fight fair.

Today, the same man that promised him hell, is the beneficiary of Jonathan's statesmanship. This same man claimed that an attack on BH was an attack on the North and muslims.

Statesmanship- herein lies the difference between the two men. It is an art that could be learned by anyone.

Oby is big mouthed. I guess she didn't read about the Aba Women riot. Why didn't she lead women to Chibok to protest? She should calm down and free Jona. She will soon get a chance to perform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by greatseed: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Raxxye:
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is our national hero!
Raxxy....I have been hardened 4change till I became Hapy APC won! but I must acknowledge.... DAT ur wisdom is unique..... I like all uve said! God bless u
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by kunleeko(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:
Mr Ebele is not a hero to me, the real HERO is the man who never gave up his dream, the man who kept trying, the man who never stopped believing. General Muhammadu Buhari is the hero not Ebele.

Talking of heroes, the Late Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh over Ebele.
I second you, TANOIDS and co are now ascribing the Ebola success to GEJ, even when the Jonathan administration dished out awards to alams and co days after the poor woman died, they never thot of giving her ordinary OON. For that sole reason, GEJ lost some of his votes. Hero my foot!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by themano: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:

Bla bla bla. Jobless ugly b....c looking for employment
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by PrinceMario(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...
you're doom!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Ralphlauren(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
stagger:
This woman needs to see a psychiatrist.

She never described OBJ in such lurid terms, when everyone knows OBJ's culture of rigging and systemic corruption, not to talk of his third term agendum nearly sent this country to the precipice. Of course, can we forget he embraced her in a public gathering in a way that smacks of lack of marital decorum?

OBJ sent 3,00 elderly men and women in Odi to their early graves. Madam due process, go siddon abeg. GEJ's move to handover power and concede defeat is unprecedented in Nigerian and African history, and for that he deserves commendation.

Odi people got what they deserved.

Do you lot remember what that callous, wicked and evil tribe did?

Policemen and soldiers were sent to restore peace. They killed these men, beheaded them and destroyed their corpses. This wasn't one or two or three or four or five or six policemen/soldiers.

Obj gave them an ultimate to release the corposes of the innocent policemen that were only doing their job, yet they refused. OBJ told them to give up those behind the death of those policemen, yet the refused and OBJ rightly sent the army there and brought the whole town to its knees.

Till date, whenever they see a policeman or soldier in that town, they flee.

Till date, no village or town in the naija delta region will ever try what the Odi indigenes did.

You do not massacre innocent policemen and military men for no reason and think you will get away with it. There's a reason why we've got a "commander in chief". Those men had wives, kids, mothers and fathers.

Even if OBJ is dragged to the ICC over the issue, he will be acquitted.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by philips70(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
vislabraye:

Was last election free and fair? If no, tell me where there was rigging.

Elections were massively rigged in Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Abia, Enugu....in a very high criminal scale. PDP, as smart as they are quickly photographed some arranged northern kids in a single line to use to counter any claims of this fraud. If I were a judge and you bring those pictures circulating as evidence of underage voting you must spend some years behind bars.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Gbawe: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
saxywale:

Exactly...
''The Governments of the United States and the United Kingdom would be very concerned by any attempts to undermine the independence of the Electoral Commission (INEC), or its Chairman, Prof Jega; or in any way distort the expressed will of the Nigerian people.''

They reminded GEJ of the Gbagbo treatment with a subtle threat in that joint statement. My guy GEJ prefers to enjoy his loot in peace instead of being shamed and disgraced. It's just common sense.

Thank you. Someone aware of the facts. GEJ remained about self-preservation to the end yet we know his fans, many hardcore bigots, will tell you GEJ's poo is brown Chocolate in an attempt to put a positive spin on everything to do with their fallen messiah. The reality is that GEJ was 'arm twisted' to concede defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by neyur: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Everybody has his or her own opinion.....but for me,mr president deserves the Hero.
Suppose he refuse to accept defeat and violence begins,who knows may b some of you haters might have been buried by naw....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by bnovative(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
That's ur ugly opinion madam chibok. Is she not going to ask buhari's govt to produce the chibok girls? or was it a scam? u are trying hard to remain relevant madam
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
elari:

By now people like you should be ashamed, after all the noise u and ur crew made, u still have the gods to show ur ass on nairaland. Some people really do have no shame

Ashamed because about 58% of total voters gave their vote to a tyrant?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by eagleeye2: 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chai.
So because GEJ refused to fvck your expired pvssy that is why you have been this bitter.
Anyway, a expired spermm is waiting in line for your equally expired pvssy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by frankgreat(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
laytoshtwo:
my dear am not supporting anybody here..I whouldnt know what buhari would have done..so assuming Buhari lost nd he refused to accept defeat then that make him a bad man, a bad citizen and an unlawful person...simple...my cry is dere is no heroic action in accepting defeat...

Your opinion

Will buhari do the same if he lost?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by buchai: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
She behaves looks and talks exactly like her father.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by InvertedHammer: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
/

Anyone who thinks GEJ conceded out of the magnanimity of his heart is naive. There were strong invisible and invincible hands at work. GEJ stood no chance.

\

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by tbaba1234: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kizmarty:

You're very very wrong.
Go complete your research well

I have. You are wrong

Simple, when did Buhari say this??
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by vislabraye(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
philips70:

Elections were massively rigged in Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Abia, Enugu....in a very high criminal scale. PDP, as smart as they are quickly photographed some arranged northern kids in a single line to use to counter any claims of this fraud. If I were a judge and you bring those pictures circulating as evidence of underage voting you must spend some years behind bars.

You think apc did not rig? A lot of people were disenfranchised, u know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is This How They Clean Red Carpets In Aso Rock? - Photo / El-Rufai: The Clown Didn’t Even Know That I Am From Kaduna State / IPOB Members Searching Buses For Hausas To Kill In Aba (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.