Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,205 members, 7,873,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

A Question Of Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Question Of Twins (822 Views)

I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / Woman, 48, delivers a set of twins after 20 years of marriage (Pictured) / PHOTO: Man Who Abandoned Wife For Having 3 Set Of Twins Returns Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question Of Twins by drrionelli(m): 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2009
Let's suppose, for the sake of discussion, one of the two scenarios were to happen.

1.  You, as a male, have an identical twin brother.  Your twin has, for some reason, become unable to sire children.  He wants children.  You can sire children, and as his identical twin, you can, essentially, sire his children (remember--you have the same DNA).  Would you do it?

2.  You, as a female, have an identical twin sister.  Your twin has, for some reason, become unable to bear children.  She wants children.  You can bear children, and as her identical twin, you can, essentially, bear her children (remember--you have the same DNA).  Would you do it?

Now, suppose the above two scenarios were the same, with the exception of one little thing:  Suppose your twin brother or twin sister were deceased, having died before they were able to bring forth children that they had wanted? 

Please consider each scenario separately and explain why you've answered the way you have.  I'm sure there will be some very interesting replies in the postings!

Thank you!
Re: A Question Of Twins by drrionelli(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2009
I note that this has been viewed a number of times and replies are, as yet, I trust, forthcoming.

Allow me to clarify that I'm not looking to be devisive, but rather, just to seek how these hypothetical situations are thought about. As I note, it's just for the sake of discussion, so don't be shy!
Re: A Question Of Twins by Sissy3(f): 1:31am On Jan 26, 2009
wait oo, u mean if they r dead, will i still do it for them undecided
Re: A Question Of Twins by Tgirl4real(f): 2:31am On Jan 26, 2009
What is the poster talking about
Re: A Question Of Twins by Sissy3(f): 2:39am On Jan 26, 2009
lol still trying to figure that out cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: A Question Of Twins by jamace(m): 10:09am On Jan 26, 2009
Don't parry the question, artful dodgers grin. It is very clear.
I as a person will not do it because it is against my personal believe, period.
Re: A Question Of Twins by temi4rea(f): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2009
Cant do it because wont be able to forgive myself.
Re: A Question Of Twins by Omolola1(f): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
neither can i
Re: A Question Of Twins by temi4rea(f): 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2009
lola so u cnt do that for me,

Hi,hw u dey?
Re: A Question Of Twins by hotstuff06(f): 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2009
As for me if my I had a twin and I could bear children, I would do it for her as long as it was inserminated. I can do it for any of my sisters. I really don't have any other reason why I feel that way, I just love them too much that I would do it for any of them.

Now if she were dead and I knew she wanted to have a child prior to her death, I wouldn't do it ( absolutely not).

(1) (Reply)

Ls It Wise To Tell Your Hubby Your Secret? / Mothers Day Gift Ideas (celebrate On 10th May 2009) / Twins From 10-year-old Pregnancy • Delivered 3 Years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.