Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,361 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! (8914 Views)

David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Dede1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2009
romeo:

Hahahhaa!! Osisi don chop Tilapia finish lol cheesy cheesy

Oyb say im "end of year product" na Generic device driver cheesy cheesy cheesy na wa for WAEC grin

Seun why did you lock Igbo kwenu thread?

I did not know you have noticed the shameful disgrace the punk is bring onto the colonial contraception called Nigeria. If the punk is left to his/her grammatical capability, he could be arrested by Nigerian police for desecrating English language.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by osisi2(f): 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2009
"the woman is pathetic" yet you cant stay away from her!!!  Every time she posts you must jump to attention like a termite!!  You hang around waiting for her posts so you can get some limelight by grabbing her attention!!!! 

abeg dont transfer your disease infested characteristics to me- I already told you I dont want the kind of disgusting "akamu"  you and your "Yoruba" lovers circulate among yourselves

see her describing herself down to her rickety underwear not to mention numbingly odoriforous private parts!!!!! 

na you and sewermama suppose crash joint together.     

aloy monkey your part time bleeper no dey? Go call am nah. abi he didnt give you his number yet. or he put you on hold.

look at this original mama Iyabo
wasn't I responding to oyb before you carried your k-legs and harmattan stricken kpomo lips to answer questions that were not posed to you.
Did I call your name anywhere on ths thread before you addressed me

the word is odoriferous
ode!
I'm sure the north eastern wind is blowing yours straight into your neighbor's yard
They'll soon cage  you and dump you and your "perfumy self" into the slammer
after all the neighbours can't differentiate you from koko the female gorilla grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by osisi2(f): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
KarmaMod:

abegi back to Debo & Oyb vs Dede. grin

tpia, ko shey gbogbo awon were lo ma da n si. jo, sima down. smiley

I hope you're reminding her to go take her 6 hourly medications and "down" it with kai kai grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by osisi2(f): 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2009
udezue:

lol @ Tilapia.

Just give it up. U just got ur ass roasted and served to you.

She's looking for a man on nairaland.
and I don't look like one
She even emailed earthmama asking for tips. lipsrsealed
Udezue,biko bia kporo this girl.
she even doubles as inyinya a.k.a "beast of burden" lipsrsealed
You don't need an okada or taxi
The only question is,how trainable is she?
You may want your goods in Onitsha and she heads to Degema
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2009
You market women should carry your wahala and akamu drinking elsewhere jare!  grin grin

Now back to Dede

@debosky

There are no traces of pontification on my side as regards JAMB statistics. I can understand the motive in taking side with a person of your ethnic stock.

It is fine with me because my statements whether they are explicitly or implicitly designed remain relevant to the discourse as pertaining to JAMB statistics. If an imbecilic simpleton can not construe that “all areas of achievement” is the same as “all areas of academic achievement” with regard to JAMB statistic, I can not help the slowpoke.

The last time I check though, JAMB does not conduct examination for traders or carpenters but students hoping to add feathers in their academic pursuit. Internet is not the place to spoon feed individuals on the subject of grammar.    

Like I told you earlier (again, lack of comprehension or simply mindless pigheadedness  grin) your statement 'all areas of achievement' cannot be limited to education, simply because of the use of words. I think it is indeed to hard for you to comprehend, or you are totally incapable of admitting you are wrong.

Even if we were to consider your 'all areas of achievement' to be limited to JAMB - what evidence do you have that Igbos are leading in 'all areas'? Are Igbos enrolling more than Yorubas in Yoruba literature? Or are there more Igbos than Northerners enrolling in Islamic Studies?  shocked grin grin
So you see, even in allowing for a loose interpretation of your statement, it is STILL logically incorrect, because having the highest number does not equate to having an 'overwhelming lead in all areas of achievement'. It's like saying the Chinese are in the lead in everything because they have the highest population. Highly irrational and illogical - Admit it and receive redemption!  grin

This is not a case of poetic license or poem writing. In simple prose - your meaning should be clear. Your writing fails this test and as such, you are no better than someone who cannot construct viable grammar - both cannot be understood!  sad

No one claimed JAMB was used by carpenters, but by your ambiguous and logically flawed statement, an unknowing reader could impute that same meaning into JAMB's exams. Geniuses simplify things, lummoxes make them complicated. I'm sure you're in no doubt as to which category you belong.  grin

For the umpteenth time, you show a lack of comprehension. If you do not grasp it in this post, I will bother no longer. Your pontification was not with respect to JAMB statistics, but rather, your long winded treatises on the technicalities of verb usage, which ONCE AGAIN have never been in contention.

I have no issues with JAMB statistics - my only post on the matter was a call to the south to unite. READ AND COMPREHEND!!  grin

Of course, insidiously is adverbial clause that lends a negative/harmful connotation and that is the spark behind its usage in qualifying my disappointment.    

Anyone who can make sense out of this garbage will get $100 this night (and an earthmama Mouth Action  grin grin)

Once again, were you negatively disappointed or harmfully disappointed? Clear this up once and for all and stop all this meaningless balderdash you keep typing. Instead of admitting your error, you keep defending the indefensible. Your usage of that word was WRONG - If you can find ONE person, just ONE person, who thinks it is accurate, I'll eat my hat. tongue

I can understand the motive in taking side with a person of your ethnic stock.

Sadly this is your debased level of reasoning. In my posts where have I done anything akin to 'taking side' (PS it's taking side[b]s[/b]  grin) with oyb here?

I have serially attacked your illogical statements, your poor comprehension, and your recent predilection for blatant catachresis*, NOT for your tribe. Ignorance and pompous stubbornness are not tribal traits but individual traits - you display them in good measure.

I am completely flabbergasted due to your claim that there was nothing wrong with the post submitted by Olodo the oyb. I had to indulge the humility in you to peruse the jackass’s sketch once again.
If you still can not find anything wrong with oyb’s literary construct, then there goes the entire ethnic group.

Another example of. . . you guessed it! POOR COMPREHENSION ! grin

I told you his punctuation was off; doesn't that qualify as  something wrong with his 'literary construct'?  undecided

In any case, if your 'learned' self is so confident of the errors in his post, kindly point them out so he can refute them as you have attempted (but failed) to do after yours were highlighted.

Sadly for you (and maybe oyb too, because he seems to think like you on this matter, or he's simply baiting you  grin) your decrepit reasoning faculties cannot distinguish between individual folly and group ability. I know there are a multitude of Igbos better than you (thankfully  grin) so I don't really give a long eared rat's tail whether you my entire ethnic group 'goes' in your rather asinine view or not.

By the way, the Ndigbo did not arrogate any form of superiority to them selves. In fact, the issue of this protracted grudge over the JAMB progressive report was initiated by the haters and detractors of Ndigbo.

Who gives a flying pig's turd?  

Does it reduce the number of women in my harem or the hairs in my nether regions if you 'arrogate' superiority? it's sad for a human being to be engaged in phantom battles with imaginary enemies - in fact, I'm sure it's a sure sign of mental illness. I'd advise you to seek osisi's help in getting some medication to treat your malaise.  grin grin

I am glad if people, any people for that matter, get an opportunity for education. You will have to look elsewhere to find 'detractors of Ndigbo'.

*catachresis - The misapplication of a word or phrase, as the use of blatant to mean “flagrant.”
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by asha80(m): 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
una tire me. i thought nigerians had advanced beyond the necessity to prove the sueriority of one tribe or other.
Christ! we sit here and bicker over what region has better education .the truth(and we all know it) is that nigeria is going down ; has been going down for god knows how long. methinks the ground is not far and trust me, when we hit, we ALL are going to hit HARD, at the same time- east, south , north AND west.

It is what i have been waiting for .After all it was never really a nation in the true sense of it.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2009
kai! see BIG BIG grammer ! grin

i almost feel ashamed  cheesy. . .

oga dede, e don do. i cannot spend the rest of my time on nairaland watching my punctuation because i know u are out there in the shadows. , waiting to attack my gaffes with big big disjointed grammer
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by KarmaMod(f): 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2009
Once again, were you negatively disappointed or harmfully disappointed?

Na positively disappointed grin

which one be "qualifying my disappointment" egba mi
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by earTHMama: 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
[size=14pt]UNILAG first class graduates share secrets of success
[/size]
By Segun Olugbile and James Azania

Since his emergence as the best graduating student of the University of Lagos in its last convocation, Olumuyiwa Sosina, 21, of the Department of Mathematics/Statistics, has been inundated with a series of job offers. But he is not keen at considering any of them. For now, his priority is to complete his mandatory National Youth Service Corps.

Sosina emerged the best student, having secured a cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.96 out of a possible 5.0. He was one of the 103 first class graduates produced for the first time by UNILAG. The Enginnering department produced 33 of the 103 students that bagged first class.

The graduate told one of our correspondents that he would neither consider himself a bookworm nor extra-ordinary. He said, "I am that kind of student that cannot engage in private study beyond two hours at a time. What I did was to keep to my time-table at the end of which I went about just like any other student."

Apart from academic activities while in school, the aspiring systems programmer revealed that he only participated in the activities of the local branch of the Deeper Life Bible Church on campus. One thing he regrets though was his flat-footedness on the dancing floor. He said, "I did not attend parties and that could be why I am not a good dancer. I wish I could dance better."

Sosina said he had had a series of offers from organisations since the convocation, but was not at the moment keen on taking up on any of them.

He, however, said he would consider returning to UNILAG for his master's programme, and probably go for his Doctorate and maybe consider a teaching job within the institution.

Though undecided about what ways to veer, Sosina, has a preference for work as a computer programmer. He has therefore enrolled for a foundation course in the programme.

Asked how he related with the opposite sex on campus, he said he had his own fair share of relationships, both with the opposite sex and male colleagues.

"Yes, I related well with others while on campus, including the females, but my relationship was platonic. There was nothing untoward, and we all liked and respected one another."

His advice to those coming behind was simple. "Face your studies and don't let distractions come between you and what you aim to achieve,'' he said.

Ubanabia Onuoha also graduated with First Class Award from the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. She was the only female student that got first class in the department.

The Abia State-born graduate, who grew up in Lagos, said it was yet the greatest achievement of her life and that it felt wonderful. She revealed that to attain the feat she reviewed and built upon her previous efforts every year and every day.

She also said she had received several job offers from multi-national corporations. "But I want to get set for the one year national service programme and hope to do a master's degree course, before considering any employment,'' she told our correspondent.

She said her civil-servant parents had been supporting her efforts. "They were totally supportive all the way, and I know I can always count on them. I am proud of them, and they are proud of me, and I am happy to bring them this great honour."

She advised those coming behind to have confidence in themselves, believe in themselves and do their best. "You never know how far you can go when you just put your best into everything you do," she said.

Also, the overall winner of best Ph.D thesis, Dr. Ayodele Elizabeth Omotayo, of the Department of Microbiology, observed that research was an important tool for the development of any nation.

She emerged the best doctoral graduate with her thesis, titled, "Enrichment and Molecular Characterisation of Atrazine-Degrading Actinomycetes Isolated from Polluted Nigerian Commercial Farmlands."

She said, " The developed countries are where they are today because of their investments in research. I want to implore my colleagues, who are graduating today to be self-reliant. We should not just seek white-collar jobs but create jobs where possible.''

Giving reasons for increase in the number of first class graduates this year, the Vice -Chancellor, UNILAG , Prof. Tolu Odugbemi, attributed the development to scholarship, direct teaching allowance and peace on the campus.

"So many factors could be responsible for this. But I think that the peaceful atmosphere that we have created, the improved teaching and learning conditions, exposure of students to the Internet through multiple inter-connectivity spots on campus must be partly responsible for this wonderful performance," he said.

Odugbemi noted that the university had enjoyed peace and unhindered academic calendar, following the riot embarked upon by students to protest irregular supply of electricity on campus in 2005.

"Without peace, there can be no progress. And since peace has been prevailing on the campus, we have unhindered academic calendar, our lecturers are doing a great job and the students are motivated to work harder. Now they have access to the Internet to do their assignments," he said.

He added that the Federal Government's direct teaching allowance to all the departments had been a good source of motivation for faculty members.

"The students are simply reacting to a conducive environment. It is not that students are not good, but sometimes when the environment is not friendly, they get discouraged and before you know it, they lose interest. But when you encourage them, they will be motivated to give their best."

Odugbemi said the lecturers too were motivated to give their best because they are now rewarded for good performance. "We encourage ourselves with the research fair and the publications of our research fair on our web site. So, as lecturers work harder and become a challenge to the students, so are the students."

He added that the scholarship scheme introduced by the immediate-past Chairman, Governing Council of the institution, Chief Afe Babalola, also contributed to the increasing number of first class graduates.

The scholarship scheme is for students that possess a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 at the end of an academic session, the indigent, distinguished sportsmen and women and those with leadership skills.

The Dean, Students Affairs, Prof. Dele Alonge, shared the VC's views. He said the number of first class graduates increased shortly after the scholarship scheme was introduced.

Some of the students, who spoke with one of our correspondents, said that the scholarship had engendered healthy competition among them.

"N50,000 is no small money, it helps in no small way in pursuance of one's academic programme and apart from that one is also entitled to accommodation, so I have been working hard to win the scholarship," a 200-Level student of Political Science who simply identified himself as Lanre said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jan/27/401.html
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by earTHMama: 11:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
Why is always the born agains that always make first class? Just wondering sha.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by osisi2(f): 12:08am On Jan 28, 2009
earTHMama:

Why is always the born agains that always make first class? Just wondering sha.

you've started again
Oyb came tops in his school and he's not even a born again Muslim
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by osisi2(f): 12:12am On Jan 28, 2009
debosky:

You market women should carry your wahala and akamu drinking elsewhere jare!  grin grin

ROFL
biko ask your sister, otapiapia to take her  watery quaker oat to another location
a hidden location lipsrsealed
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by grafikdon: 1:12am On Jan 28, 2009
**osisi:

you've started again
Oyb came tops in his school and he's not even a born again Muslim

ROTFLOL!!!! Jesus Christ of Saudi Arabia!!! Nwandoleesha, which one be B.A.M?? cheesy

All of una don craze finish for this forum, I swear. . . cheesy
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Dede1(m): 5:13am On Jan 28, 2009
@debosky

Please be on the notice that it is my prerogative to use the adverbial clauses the way I deemed them fit.

They may be in the form of negatively disappointed, positively disappointed, happily disappointed, sadly disappointed, deadly disappointed, harmfully disappointed, jokingly disappointed and disappointedly disappointed. The usage of these adverbial clauses does not have to meet the logical standards set by a utopian scholar.

It is rather unfortunate that you have decided to harp on the statement about the “areas of achievement” than place emphasis on the context at which the statement was made.

Let me draw your attention to this post:

@ Oyb

Fire on bro!! I dey your back sam sam!

You have come across as a person who has well organized social orders above his/her shoulders and should remember the person who posted it.

Should there be any doubt about whose interest you are representing in this debate? How can you sincerely inform that you did not find anything wrong with oyb’s post? It is not even funny that you further accessed his grammar to be within the confines of logic and clarity.

Anybody who just signed off from binging spree would have detected oyb’s culpable balderdash for second class degree holder.

The second class honor degree holder who does not know that “cannot” has no place in a written grammar tells the whole story about this issue of JAMB.

Ayb is a holder of a bloated second class degree that has consistently ended his sentences with preposition.

A demented interloper who has arrogated the sense of know-it-all to himself/herself and failed to realize that there is a big difference between “with regard to” and “as regards”. 

Please can someone help me why a graduate is still using “Lots of people” in a written grammar? The last time I checked though, lot is an empty space of land.

Yet debosky claimed not to have noticed any discrepancies on the oyb’s posts.

I guess it would be nice for someone who has audaciously accused the entire ethnic group of being arrogantly superior to also detect the inherent hatred coming from the other quarters.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 28, 2009
oga african dirty harry. . .

if you want to learn how to blow big grammer and not make a fool of yourself, go and sit at the foot of the master. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=3520;sa=showPosts

that feller will show you how its really done
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by AloyEmeka9: 7:19am On Jan 28, 2009
I can't believe that you guys have enough time to go back and forth with a rabid tribal dog like TPIA. Didn't i warn you guys that she's capable of poisoning someone especially if that someone is igbo. I am sure Osisi is not surprised she threatened to feed her children with acid. There's what I call the TPIA effect on my life now and that is this feeling of paranoia anytime I enter a yoruba owned restraunt and meet a scar faced obese middle aged yoruba woman looking to serve me. I always think she could be TPIA and who knows what she'll add in my food or at least spit inside the food. TPIA is capable of spitting in your food if there are no acids or rat poisons around. It remains a mystery till this day what igbos did to her. I still think one igbo dude knocked her up 3 times and had her abort the babies in a chemist shop thereby damaging her womb. What could be worse for a woman?
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by romeo(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2009
Dede1 carry go jare!! we dey your back too cheesy cheesy. They are already promosing $100, very soon they will be promising $1000  cheesy cheesy

All these Oyb backers wey no get issues with NDIGBO but are backing oyb wey get issues with Ndigbo are nothing but clowns. that said i am going to work now, see ya all later in the day cheesy cheesy
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
romeo:

Dede1 carry go jare!! we dey your back too cheesy cheesy. They are already promosing $100, very soon they will be promising $1000 cheesy cheesy

All these Oyb backers wey no get issues with NDIGBO but are backing oyb wey get issues with Ndigbo are nothing clowns. that said i am going to work now, see ya all later in the day cheesy cheesy

Romeo sharrap there! grin

if you nor take time, I no go come stay at your crib when I visit Espana for vacation. tongue

Some of you Igbo people like this siege mentality too much, no one is attacking you as a tribe. My beef is with Dede's atrocious use of the English Language. If someone wants to make illogical statements, be he/she Igbo, Kanuri, Tiv, Hausa or Masai grin grin I will challenge such a statement when I come across it. cool
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2009
Dede1:

@debosky

Please be on the notice that it is my prerogative to use the adverbial clauses the way I deemed them fit.

They may be in the form of negatively disappointed, positively disappointed, happily disappointed, sadly disappointed, deadly disappointed, harmfully disappointed, jokingly disappointed and disappointedly disappointed. The usage of these adverbial clauses does not have to meet the logical standards set by a utopian scholar.

It is rather unfortunate that you have decided to harp on the statement about the “areas of achievement” than place emphasis on the context at which the statement was made.

First of all, it's 'be on notice' - the use of 'the' [/i]in your statement is redundant and is a clear example of 'wordiness'  cheesy

The usage of adverbial clauses MUST be in accordance with commonly held English Language Definitions of the words and their Applicability. Like Ibime said, if you don't want to speak it the way it should be spoken, revert to Igbogrin grin

If there were no need to meet logical standards, then why are you remonstrating over some perceived wrong verb usage? You were wrong - plain and simple. The only qualifying terms applicable to the word 'disappointed'  are ones which express the degree of disappointment. Anything else is wrong usage and cannot be accepted. Now stop being a stubborn ewu and repent.

Dede1:

Let me draw your attention to this post:

@ Oyb

Fire on bro!! I dey your back sam sam!

You have come across as a person who has well organized social orders above his/her shoulders and should remember the person who posted it.

Should there be any doubt about whose interest you are representing in this debate? How can you sincerely inform that you did not find anything wrong with oyb’s post? It is not even funny that you further accessed his grammar to be within the confines of logic and clarity.
Thanks for the compliment bro, I appreciate it!  grin (does my using bro now signify that you are Yoruba or I am Igbo?  undecided)

Now as to whose 'interest' I am representing, the only interest I can be seen to be representing is that of the young and impressionable readers of nairaland - our youthful minds requiring moulding into mature and rational thinking beings. If egregious errors like the ones you have made are not pointed out, these vulnerable minds could be forever warped and may never get a good grasp of English.

It is in this light that I am 'behind' oyb - note I did not make any reference to his comments on Igbo Engineers or UNN candidates or any of his other comments. They do not interest me, and I do not feel I need to castigate people for their tribal views - there are enough of those crusaders already.

My personal mission is to eliminate atrocious English usage - simple. To think I am siding with oyb because he is Yoruba is not only simplistic, it is highly reductionist and reflective of your primitive state of mind- let me expound: You seem to think I would not support oyb for any other reason besides him being Yoruba. Now that may hold for you and people in your interaction circles, but not for me. My loyalties are varied and numerous, depending on the issue at hand. I could support A against B or C against A for a variety of reasons - my motivation in this matter is clear - illogical reasoning and grammatical misnomers. ANYONE (even Romeo isi okpukpu  grin grin) will be my brother and get my backing if they follow this line.

One more thing, the operative word is 'assessed' not 'accessed'grin The alarming frequency of these errors worry me.  undecided You are severely lacking in many areas of the use of English, if (seemingly) well versed in verb - noun interactions. Improve on your deficiencies and maybe you can be my bro too!  grin

Dede1:

Anybody who just signed off from binging spree would have detected oyb’s culpable balderdash for second class degree holder.

The second class honor degree holder who does not know that “cannot” has no place in a written grammar tells the whole story about this issue of JAMB.

Ayb is a holder of a bloated second class degree that has consistently ended his sentences with preposition.

A demented interloper who has arrogated the sense of know-it-all to himself/herself and failed to realize that there is a big difference between “with regard to” and “as regards”. 

Please can someone help me why a graduate is still using “Lots of people” in a written grammar? The last time I checked though, lot is an empty space of land.

Yet debosky claimed not to have noticed any discrepancies on the oyb’s posts.  

One thing I will say is this - we are writing on an online forum - the rules of 'ending words with prepositions' and the like are secondary here. Speech here is highly informal (though informal should not [/b]mean grammatically incorrect like yours) and as such cannot be expected to meet every exacting requirement of the English language.

Like you argued earlier, if you are not subject to the logical rules of an [i]'utopian scholar'
so why should oyb be subject to the 'preposition rules' that you have enunciated?  undecided Is there a different standard applicable to you than there is to him? 

In the same manner I do not countenance oyb's denigration of Igbo degrees/graduates, I will disregard your comments about his education. Those matters are beyond the realm of this discussion as their veracity cannot be ascertained from the forum.

Dede1:

[b]I guess it would be nice for someone who has audaciously accused the entire ethnic group of being arrogantly superior to also detect the inherent hatred coming from the other quarters.   

I don't know if this was directed at me or not (again, lack of clarity in your posts) but let me reply nevertheless.

I do not recall 'audaciously accusing' any ethnic group of anything - the most I have done is to make reference to the predilection of certain members of your group to exhibit a siege tendency - either due to civil war antecendents (understandable) or some other cause.

While members of every group would be prone to the occasional triumphalist chest beating, I do not label entire groups in any guise. Like I have said severally in this post - I am not a tribal champion or advocate. My grouse with you is strictly grammatical and I avoid any reference to 'tribe A is better than B' - such arguments are redundant, except for poking fun at each other.

romeo:

All these Oyb backers wey no get issues with NDIGBO but are backing oyb wey get issues with Ndigbo are nothing clowns. that said i am going to work now, see ya all later in the day cheesy cheesy
I realise it is difficult (if not impossible) for many of you to dissociate a person's views on a particular issue from his views on another, but that is not an ailment I suffer from. Oyb is a non-born again muslim  grin and I am a Christian - does that bring about a conflict of interest on matters of grammar?  grin Does that now mean I must be a closet Muslim or he a closet (still non-born again  grin) Christian for us to agree on any matter?

My views are very clear - I hold no grudges with the Igbo people - any allusions to the contrary can continue, it is a meaningless distraction I will not pay attention to.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Dede1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2009
@debosky

If there is any ewu in this discourse it has turned out to be you. I usually do not care how individuals express themselves on the Internet as long as the individuals do not find it fit to denigrate other users of the Internet bandwidth. I hope you could shade all forms of silliness from your manners. You can use the expressions such as “be on the notice”, “be on a notice” and “be on notice”. Believe you me, there is nothing redundant in the usage of ward – the.

Not long ago somebody posted the below statements: 

"The alarming frequency of these errors worry me. You are severely lacking in many areas of the use of English, if (seemingly) well versed in verb - noun interactions".

Look ewu, there are many instances of these jargons that you have left floating freely on this forum but unlike you, I am not bent on searching Internet for typographical errors as most of our postings are done on the fly.

It is funny you have arrogated to yourself the duty of Internet police whose function is to make sure that young kids visiting the forum would get a good "grasp of English". Mr. Clarity, I hope you meant English Language?

In another instance you have these:

“One thing I will say is this - we are writing on an online forum - the rules of 'ending words with prepositions' and the like are secondary here. Speech here is highly informal (though informal should not mean grammatically incorrect like yours) and as such cannot be expected to meet every exacting requirement of the English language”.

I could not believe that the above is coming from the man who invented grammar. How could you contained that the using “cannot”, which is not even a word in a written grammar, is an informal but a grammatical error. 

It is beyond my pale of comprehension that ending sentences with preposition is informal but grammatical error.

I do not have time to dwell on people’s Internet drivels while looking for typographically errors or their style of writing as to conform to my personal thoughts as how a sentence would appear.

As you have equally observed, I do not gravitate towards the area of ethnic disorder while in the course of banter unless when it is necessary to seek the help of recoded events.  Bye for now, but it has been nice crossing words with you.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2009
grin grin grin

Dede my man! This has been really good fun no doubt about it.  cheesy

Dede1:

I could not believe that the above is coming from the man who invented grammar. How could you contained that the using “cannot”, which is not even a word in a written grammar, is an informal but a grammatical error.  
grin grin Bros you go kill me oh!  grin

I didn't 'contained' anything, maybe you meant 'contend'undecided Abeg don't confuse me with the akamu drinkers oh grin grin

I never made any comment on the word 'cannot' and 'can not' - that argument was purely between you and oyb. Why associate it with me?  Are you confusing me with the long bearded Alhaji Oyb?  grin grin

PS - Thanks for the compliment, I shall change my nl siggy to 'the man who invented grammar' grin grin grin

Dede1:

@debosky

If there is any ewu in this discourse it has turned out to be you. I usually do not care how individuals express themselves on the Internet as long as the individuals do not find it fit to denigrate other users of the Internet bandwidth. I hope you could shade all forms of silliness from your manners. You can use the expressions such as “be on the notice”, “be on a notice” and “be on notice”. Believe you me, there is nothing redundant in the usage of ward – the.

Not long ago somebody posted the below statements: 

"The alarming frequency of these errors worry me. You are severely lacking in many areas of the use of English, if (seemingly) well versed in verb - noun interactions".

Look ewu, there are many instances of these jargons that you have left floating free on this forum but unlike you, I am not bent on searching Internet for typographical errors as most of our postings are done on the fly.

grin grin Bros cool down!  cheesy

Senior ewu  cheesy ( I assume you are older thus deserving of greater honour  grin)
I am not 'searching the internet' - we are having a discussion and your errors are hurting my eyes.  grin It is my fundamental human right to protect myself (and others) from this kind of harm.  tongue

Regarding 'be on the notice', I'll leave you with your justification. I hope you won't come and tell me in the next post that 'contained' means the same thing as 'contend'  grin grin

I truly apologise if I have offended your sensibilities by my seeming 'denigration of other users of internet bandwith'. I intended no such thing - this has simply been an exercise in challenging/correcting perceived errors (grammatical and illogical) in your posts.

I haven't arrogated any duty to myself, can't a man decide what he wants to champion any more?  grin You have decided to be a tribal champion of the Igbo 'lead in all areas of (academic?) achievement' no? Abeg let me manage my 'lead in all areas of diffusing grammatical scud missiles'sad grin

Bye for now, I can leave this thread to the akamu drinkers to continue their own banter.  grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by tpia: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2009
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by romeo(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2009
debosky:

Romeo sharrap there!  grin

if you nor take time, I no go come stay at your crib when I visit Espana for vacation.  tongue

Some of you Igbo people like this siege mentality too much, no one is attacking you as a tribe. My beef is with Dede's atrocious use of the English Language. If someone wants to make illogical statements, be he/she Igbo, Kanuri, Tiv, Hausa or Masai  grin grin I will challenge such a statement when I come across it.  cool

Debooo if you come Spain you no visit me you dey wahala be that!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@topic
Any person wey like make im go school, the end of month package na for im pocket no be for mine. But i don't believe this should be an issue at all. 100% literacy will be wonderful for Nigeria or don't you folks think so?
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by romeo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2009
Debo why did you quote me twice? angry angry angry grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2009
Romeo I mean you seriously na, how you go try put down more money than me? angry grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by romeo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
See Debo ohh!! Na you i say make im increase the money to 1k. My own grammar need $200 too? LMAO cheesy cheesy
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
$200? grin Nor worry, I go spend pass dat one when I land your side wink

But if you fit blow grammar reach half of uncle Dede, I fit change my mind sharp sharp. grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2009
Igbos always lead.
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by earTHMama: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I can't believe that you guys have enough time to go back and forth with a rabid tribal dog like TPIA. Didn't i warn you guys that she's capable of poisoning someone especially if that someone is igbo. I am sure Osisi is not surprised she threatened to feed her children with acid. There's what I call the TPIA effect on my life now and that is this feeling of paranoia anytime I enter a yoruba owned restraunt and meet a scar faced obese middle aged yoruba woman looking to serve me. I always think she could be TPIA and who knows what she'll add in my food or at least spit inside the food. TPIA is capable of spitting in your food if there are no acids or rat poisons around. It remains a mystery till this day what igbos did to her. I still think one igbo dude knocked her up 3 times and had her abort the babies in a [b]chemist shop thereby damaging her womb. What could be worse for a woman?[/b]
Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by earTHMama: 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2009

Your mother is a jackal on heat. You tend to assume every female is like your useless b*tch of a mother who didnt have time to raise you well, hence your demented maddened and totally pathetic rants you seem to think have meaning just because they're pouring out of your everlastingly putrid and jobless mouth.

Useless tribal worm- all you ever think about is tribe this tribe that- you have no life and you never will- LOSER!! Na this Yoruba fixation that will continue to drive you mad until you drop dead. If not for the internet giving you dumb illiterate bonobo monkeys a mouth to talk, who dash you audience. Bonobo monkey sef get sense pass you- dumbass!!!! Descendant of chimpanzees with a jackass for a mother and an ape for a father!!!!

As wetin I type dey pain you- store am for hard drive and repost anytime you feel like blubbing- whenever your manfriend isnt available to console you with his pr*ck!!

Na your wives and girlfriends go lose their wombs at your kinsmen's chemist!!! You yourself may you lose your balls in a similar way!!!! Eunuch!!
Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by debosky(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Aloy

Is there any cure for the 'TPIA effect'? undecided grin grin
Re: South-east Reclaims Lead In Education! by Uche2nna(m): 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2009
Phew!!!!!!!

Cant believe I actually read all these post shocked

Debo, Oyb and Dede , make una carry go,

Comedy is never lacking on Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN To Sensitize Nigerians On N5000 Note / Nnamdi Kanu Last Words Before Arrest By DSS / We Recover Data From Faulty And Formatted Data Storage Devices Here In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.